Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Douglas DC-8

All support and discussion about our DC8 project

180 topics in this forum

1. Milviz Wx Radar

• 14 replies
  2. 32bit

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 4 replies
  3. 1.03 released

• 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
  4. Payment method

• 11 replies
    • 2 replies
  5. AP Pop-up

• 0 replies
    • 10 replies
  6. Discount

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
  7. "Parke" Brake

• 1 reply
    • 7 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 9 replies
  8. Fuel System Issues

• 7 replies
    • 1 reply
  9. Cold and dark

• 8 replies

Announcements

• Version 2.1.0.0 now available via updater

• i have a feeling its to do with the CofG of the aircraft. i use the mcdu 3 for setup that defaults to 0.8up trim no matter what i put in there. just coming into land at GOBD then i will report the bugs/issues i found
    • I post this here, it fits better than in the other topic  Ok, so ive tested the MD80. "Sadly" i have to say that everything works there with Tomatoshade. Here are a few pics showing the difference. I usw the exact same TS profile for all pics. All pics were made on daytime, non overcast situation.               The blue in the MD80 is pretty much the same blue as it should be, also in nighttime its perfectly fine while the A330 & CRJ are much much too dark. I understand you can only go from standard shaders to create something but there still has to be some difference and that they seemingly managed to overcome this problem somehow.   The PBR in the A330 cockpit is really nice but it leaves a pretty bad taste to fly in those "darkness". I like the A330 so far so please dont think i put some blame on your or trying to tell you you do something wrong. Its just that i really would wish that the way Leonardo did it could be used here too to make the experience perfect.   As said in the other post, tweaking the VC ambient and diffuse values doesnt not change it in any way anymore. Its simply without effect to either use 1.0, the standard, or 2.0 or 3.0. Looks identical dark.
    • It feels better now. Thank you guys and keep up with the hard work.
    • At least, I've found a preset, which is a bit brighter, because I don't want to miss Tomatoshade and always restoring and inserting shaders, between addons is kind of stupid   But what just came to my mind, when I opened the window, wouldn't it be possible to make the windows a bit less tinted, as this also has a big part, in making the cockpit feeling too dark (see the difference in the 2nd pic)?    
    • Pretty much what I am experiencing also. I believe my throttle is properly calibrated as it works perfectly fine with the A319-A321 Pro series by Aerosoft (as well as other airframes). The only other aircraft I use which exhibits the same behavior as the A330 with regard to taxiing is the QW 787 and that is intentional to mimic the real aircraft.