Fuel problem with cargo verison

qqwertzde

Today, I experienced a strange behaviour of the fuel and payload dialog. I wanted to load 142000 lbs of fuel, and the load manager indicated that amount. When I checked in the airplane and also in the P3D standard fuel and payload manager, there were only 115000 lbs loaded. Even when I used the max amount (159000 lbs?) in the DC-8 payload window, the total fuel in the plane only got up to 133000 lbs.

I then used the P3D load system to obtain the desired amount of fuel. I have the impression that the last two fuel tanks (extension 1 and 2 (?), about 12000 lbs each) were completely ignored by the DC-8 load manager. Did anyone else experience such a behavior?

Thanks,

Peter

Hello again AAC47,

I think you are right that one shouldn't use both. I tried it once and noticed that the fuel was differently distributed among fuel tanks if the P3D load manager is used. That's why I normally only use the DC-8 fuel loader. However, in this case I had no choice since the DC-8 loader didn't really fill up the plane.

Cheers,

Peter

• Developer

Fuel should only be loaded with the shift 3 DC-8 loader as that is the only way to easily get the correct distribution which should approximately reflect the fuel schedule in the manual.  Using the P3D interface would be tedious and it isn't obvious which tanks are which. 

Of course, one can use the P3D interface to check that total amount of fuel desired has been loaded, which is what you did in this case. 

I can't reproduce the behavior.  Let me know if it happens again and what happened leading up to the problem.  Was the aircraft loaded into a new scenario, was some other aircraft loaded first, and was it a saved flight?

Hi Michael,

I only observed this once so far, so maybe it was just a hickup in my system. I followed my standard procedure: Starting P3D with the default F35 and airport and option screen, then picking the airplane and loading a flight plan. I will report if it should happen again, but I am happy that it is not a fundamental problem with the new update. I haven't flown a > 4 hours flight before with the plane, hence I wasn't sure whether I overlooked the problem before.

Thanks,

Peter

Archived