F-14 Tomcat

Discussion and support for the Aerosoft F-14 X

Subforums

1. TacPack usage

This forum is intended for all questions regarding the use of the F-14 X with TackPack

640 topics in this forum

1. Some Tomcat love

• 1 reply
  2. My slow repaint hangar

• 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. f14b vc night texture fix

• 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 5 replies
  4. 50 traps

• 2 replies
  5. Single Engine Approach

• 5 replies
  6. F-14 Simpit

• 7 replies
    • 4 replies
  7. Up to Date Manuals

• 10 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies

• Im still having this issue even after the update, my external lights (nav, strobe, landing, beacons) are almost non-existent.    Yes I rebooted after installing,   Yes I have experimental updates checked in the updater.
    • The LEGS page would be the proper place to clear a discontinuity, rather than the FPLN page. There are some other problems though.   You are trying to load an RNP approach, and a real CRJ is not legally authorized or even capable of flying an RNP-based RNAV approach. In the real aircraft database, none of the LOWI approaches prefixed with “RNP” would even appear on the approach page as options. You would be limited to the LOC 26, or the LOC DME E or LOC DME W.   In the Navigraph database, every available approach for a given airport will be present. Although the sim version of the CRJ might try to load an RNP procedure, there is no guarantee it will be able to make sense of it or fly it correctly. For one thing, RNP requires an aircraft with a full VNAV system, which the CRJ doesn’t have.
    • It looks different because it's one of the ones that can't be deleted, perhaps.    I don't know what else to tell you. The discontinuity you're trying to delete cannot be deleted, not in the Aerosoft CRJ, not in the real CRJ.    The snippet I have you comes from the manual for the real FMS 4.2, for the real CRJ, of which I am a real trainer on. The first picture you posted matches the format of discontinuities from the real plane. And trying to delete a discontinuity that can't be deleted will indeed give you "not allowed"    I'm not sure why you have an arc in there in the first place, the RNP 08 to LOWI doesn't have one. 
    • The Data Base is from  Navigraph 07.2020. the discontinuty in my fmc looks different from that in the crj manual.
    • With your new Log.txt I see that the airport folder of EKCH is under (behind) the city and overlays folders in the scenery_packs.ini file. That is wrong. I don't have EKCH here installed because we don't have it in the shop, but I think the correct order in the ini file must be like that: ...  Custom Scenery/FlyTampa_Copenhagen_0_airport/  Custom Scenery/FlyTampa_Copenhagen_0_city/  Custom Scenery/Flytampa_Copenhagen_1overlays/  Custom Scenery/Flytampa_Copenhagen_2Photoreal/  Custom Scenery/Flytampa_Copenhagen_3Mesh/ ...   the scenery_packs.ini file you can edit with a small editor.   And be sure to have your X-Plane 11 - settings - graphics - Number of world objects set to high or more...   Greets Heinz