Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Navigation \ Autoflight

If you want to get some help on navigation and MCDU procedures, here is tyhe place: Please post only one issue per post so we can follow up, do not post a list of question!

318 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
    • 7 replies
  1. A330 autopilot

• 4 replies
  2. A330 Entering Flight plan

• 7 replies
  3. A333 MCDU Freeze

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
  4. About the OFFSET function

• 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
  5. Airac Setting FMC

• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. Airbus and NavCycle 1813

• 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 8 replies

Announcements

• 1.2.5.2 EXPERIMENTAL now available

• hello, same problema here. the fuel consumption seams to be normal. but predic -0.6 on destination.   doing LPPR-SBGL long fligth. here is the Data file.   tks Data.rar
    • Suggestion:  For the EFF tab "Flight Package" PDF reader, would it be possible to have inverted colors? (i.e. white text on black background or at least sepia)   Either part and parcel with night mode, or as a selectable option under either mode?   Night mode is a lifesaver, but it's self-defeating when you're trying to read a black text on white SimBrief OFP - the PDF text is narrower and even harder to read than the flows in "day mode."
    • The unfortunate fact then is that most sim aircraft follow the "majority rule" of let's call it "augmented realism".  If the delay is indeed how it operates, then I'm all for that in the sim, although it will conflict with how every other aircraft is modeled - and I suffer enough from jumping between types every day lol.   I'm not sure how it could be implemented, but perhaps it would be possible to provide both "feels" and let the user select which one they want, say in the MCDU3 aircraft options?  It might be problematic for support (but what isn't) but it would in theory satisfy both the purists and the armchair pilots?
    • Hello Eliott,   Thank you very much for the report.   The EFOB shown in the upper right corner the the MCDU Cruise page is actually fairly accurate (will become a bit more accurate in time), however as you've noticed it will change during the flight based on many different things including environmental conditions (winds, temperature, pressure) and of course the present rate of fuel consumption (rate of fuel burn) which changes based on the phase of flight.  This being the case, you will see the EFOB change considerably during the flight. According to our real world bus drivers this is occurs real world to.  The same pilots also tell us the EFOB is fairly accrate though we may tighten it up a bit in the future.  Just remember to consider the EFOB at the top right of the MCDU Cruise page as being dynamic and changing from moment to moment based on the factors described above.   So, taking the above knowledge into consideration, can you work out why the EFOB figures might go up during cruise? Take a stab at it my friend and let me know what you come up with.