Manual Flight, Autoflight and Flight Management

All questions and discussions about the autopilot, flight guidance and CDU, belong here

774 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 20 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
  1. Speed/VS Mode Issues 1 2

• 27 replies
    • 4.4k views
  2. CRJ lost altitude

• 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
  3. TOC ETA Woefully Off

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  4. Discontinuities

• 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 1 reply
  • Popular Topics

• Latest Posts

• General information about the Custom Scenery Folder:   In the X-Plane 12 main directory there is a folder called "Custom Scenery". In this folder resides the additionally sceneries. Some scenery are already included there (our Aerosoft airports, etc. ..). Next there is a file called scenery_packs.ini (or only scenery_packs). In this file, all in the Custon Scenery folder located scenery are registered. An example entry looks as follows: (SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/ ... : the scenery is not visible / SCERNRY_PACK Custom Scenery/... : the scenery is visible) ... SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDK Cologne/ SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDM Munich/      (not visible...because of the addition "_DISABLED") SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDS Stuttgart/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDT Berlin Tegel/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDV Hannover/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/ ... usw ... usw SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/ ... SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/VFR-Objects_GK.../ SCENERY_PACKCustom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe.../ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Airports - KBTV Burlington/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Berlin and Frankfurt/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Budapest/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/ SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/ ... SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/ ... SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Ortho4XP.../ ... SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzzzz_hd_global_scenery4/   X-Plane reads the scenery in the order they are listed in the scenery_packs.ini file (or only scenery_packs). With a simple editor, you can edit the file, so change the order with cut and paste. If you want a scenery not to see, but left in the Custom Scenery folder, then you can change the entry in the following manner:   SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery / "Name of the scenery" /   Area scenery (e.g OSM or X-World from simHeaven ...) should always stand behind (below) airports. If you additionally use photo sceneries, these entries are generally at the end of the ini file. An mesh-files must reside at the very end of the ini-file.   For Example:   1. Airports 2. Regional Sceneries with Airports 3. Libraries (but Libraries can be positioned everywhere in the ini file) 4. VFR Data (e.g. GK-Objects) 5. OSM Data (for example X-World) 6. Photosceneries like Ortho4XP... 7. Mesh Data (... HD Scenery Meshes ... )   Tip: How to save sceneries into another folder/harddrive than the Custom Scenery Folder: It also is possible, not to store sceneries in the Custom Scenery folder (for example, on a different hard drive). Then you have to place a link to this scenery in the Custom Scenery folder. Procedure in this case: Take the scenery file (folder) from the "other" folder with the right mouse button and move it back into the original Custom Scenery folder. Release Right mouse button there and select "create shortcut here". Then there is a "shortcut folder" in Custom Scenery folder of your X-Plane 10 installation. Then start X-Plane 12 and exit again. In the scenery_packs.ini now is the entry at the beginning of the file in this way: SCENERY_PACK I:\ additional sceneries\<Scenery Name>/ Where I (for example) is the other hard drive and the scenery is stored in the "additional sceneries" folder there. Instead of Scenery Name, the corresponding name of the scenery appears. In the scenery_packs.ini file you now can move this entry to the correct position.   Greets Heinz
    • Hi when is the next update for on the road I think you should add torll bars to the bridges
    • So, disabling your antivirus and then reinstalling the aircraft did not work? This is what was reported to be the cause (antivirus software is blocking/deleting some files) and if this is true it should fix this. In the end, FlightFactor is responsible to care for their issues and I can only tro to find workarounds and solutions like the above but as this exact issue was reported and fixed already, I still think it should work, especially as Heinz could not reproduce it on his testing which means that the aircraft itself ist most likely fine but affected by something else (for example, some security software products which also are well known for reporting false positives in flight simulation products for years now).    
    • Hi "FlyAgi" Nothing has worked so far. Possibly I am doing something wrong, as I am not a computer wizzard and your instructions are quite difficult for me to follow. In the meantime, after loading the FF A320 Ultimate (again unsuccessfully !) I have sent the corresponding  "XP-12 log File" to  Flight Factor Support, since they were asking for it. However no answer so far. It appears that FF Support is at their wits end as well  and they simply don't know what causes this activation code mismatch ! Again, thanks a lot for trying to help out ! Corgi100
    • Das wird wahrscheinlich noch nicht vom Plugin unterstützt. Für die Lampen müsste wahrscheinlich auch irgendein DataRef gesetzt werden und OpenSAM macht das möglicherweise bisher nicht. Wenn es aber die Jetways steuern kann hast du bei der Installation nichts falsch gemacht.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use