Use this forum for all your general discussion about Microsoft Flight Simulation. Please note that our options to support are very limited but that you will find answers to almost every question at https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Workaround the stuck airspeed indicator issue
Due to code optimizations that take place during the WASM to DLL conversion process, many users of the CRJ will experience a stuck airspeed indicator tape on both PFDs and the Standby Instrument in the middle.
Currently, the only way to fix this is to change the level of code optimization. This can be done by following the steps below:
1) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the CRJ package folder.
a. For the Store or DVD versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator, the location is:
b. For the Steam version of Microsoft Flight Simulator, the location is:
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj
2) Delete all files starting with the letter “m”:
3) Start Microsoft Flight Simulator, go to the Options page, select “General Options” and under “Developers” set “Developer Mode” to ON.
4) Now, the black DevMode menu bar will become visible. Click on “Options” and then enable (check) “Fast WASM Compilation”.
5) Now go back to Microsoft Flight Simulator’s main menu and start a new flight with the CRJ.
• When starting the first flight with “Fast WASM Compilation” enabled, the gauges DLL might not be ready when the load process is complete. In this case, just hit ESC to get to the menu and then select RESTART from the commands at the bottom of the screen.
• If you wish to disable the developer mode after step 5, you can do so. However, we recommend to start a flight with each CRJ model, so the WASM to DLL conversion is done for both, the -550 and -700 (as -900 and -1000, once available) and you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
• Until the underlying issue in Flight Simulator has been fixed, these steps only need to be repeated when a new version of the CRJ is installed.
So, we were able to track down the cause of the issue this morning and we can offer a temporary workaround which brings the airspeed indicators back to life. Please check out the attached PDF. Any feedback is of course very welcome.
Workaround the stuck airspeed indicator issue.pdf