Soooo......any news?

Raptor05121

I know Hans told us it's being worked on and it's ready when it's ready, I would just love to have a rough idea of what kind of time frame we're looking at -- something like, it is likely to come out this year, it may come out this year but it may not, it probably won't come out this year and it'll be sometime next year, etc.

3 hours ago, piedmonitor said:

I know Hans told us it's being worked on and it's ready when it's ready, I would just love to have a rough idea of what kind of time frame we're looking at -- something like, it is likely to come out this year, it may come out this year but it may not, it probably won't come out this year and it'll be sometime next year, etc.

I agree, a little more detail or a target changelog would we awesome. And if they could give us some idea on timing...even better. Will it be by the end of this year, or a year from now?

• Upvote 3

I would give Hans the benefit of doubt. If he says he’s working on an update than that’ll be true. See his post in one of the closed threads on Aug 16th. But I agree. Something between PMDG and Fenix would be nice in terms of communication and expectation setting 

• Upvote 1

Good grief.  What good would knowing do?  What if you were told "the release date will be February 30th 2027" (and yes I know there is no February 30th), how would that change your life?  Probably not at all.  I would suggest that folks work on life changing things that they can control.  The fake aircraft in our fake sim world will be updated for us to pretend we are CRJ pilots in due course.  Not a day before or after.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:46 AM, Dave Gray said:

Also hoping we see an update on this aircraft sometime soon. 

It's abandonware.   The devs have been promising updates for ages, with nothing tangible to show.    If they are unable to provide any communication to their customers since the last one months ago ('we are working on an update, now I'm going to lock this thread"), it's time to face reality.   Aerosoft is just gonna be Aerosoft.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

vor 16 Stunden schrieb jay jay:

It's abandonware

This, @Crabby  

this will make a difference in terms of whether AS as publisher is trustworthy or not. Sell it for 20 bucks and fine. But I own all CRJ versions so paid a bit. And if I hear there will be an update - because there is a reason for such update, Hans does not just provide some new liveries- and that just does not come at all. Sorry, no good sign. I understand that updates do not create immediate revenue. But I am sure that some - and count me in - are not really fond of buying from a developer/publisher who does not maintain its products 

now happy downvoting!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It's simple: While you are asking me to give you more information, other developers get hell from their community because they can't keep announced release dates (for whatever reason. I'm not judging them because I know the work that is involved. If it takes longer, it takes longer. It won't kill anyone). I don't want this. Just look at what happens in the Fenix Discord right now (after they announced the delay of their Block 2 update) and you will understand why I'm going with "It's done when it's done". I'm not a friend of creating hypes or posting WIP screenshots every other day. Expect to see screenshots and more detailed feature information when we're well into beta testing.

I promise you that there will be a CRJ update, although it will likely not be released before the end of the year, that it will be a major one, that it will include the much awaited LNAV/VNAV fixes as well as Simbrief, Navigraph Charts, an updated model with a detailed cabin and more.

Thank you Hans!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 11:10 AM, LH4371 said:

This, @Crabby  

this will make a difference in terms of whether AS as publisher is trustworthy or not. Sell it for 20 bucks and fine. But I own all CRJ versions so paid a bit. And if I hear there will be an update - because there is a reason for such update, Hans does not just provide some new liveries- and that just does not come at all. Sorry, no good sign. I understand that updates do not create immediate revenue. But I am sure that some - and count me in - are not really fond of buying from a developer/publisher who does not maintain its products 

now happy downvoting!

No, it won't.  I have been a client of AS since the day they became AS.  Ditto PMDG, FENIX, Leonardo.  You name it, I was a first day buyer.  They have all been hounded for updates on this, updates on that, when will this be done, when will that be done.  Once any of them give any quasi-concrete answer like "3rd quarter 2023" on July 1st of 2023 at 0001 hrs they start getting hounded from folks like you about broken promises and reliability and viability and all manner of nonsense.  Read Hans response to you folks above.  AS is not the cause of consternation regarding releases and updates, you people are.  If flight simulation is all you live for then well too bad.  Also, you have to define "maintains its products".  I wonder how many DOS 4.0 users are writing suicide notes because it is no longer supported.  Try and get maintenance or support on an Apple IIc.  It's very likely that AS has been around longer or as long as you.  My son was born in 1991 (the year Aerosoft was founded) and now has 4 kids.  All four of them will probably be able to buy AS products if they wish and if not, there will be someone else to provide them what they want.  Now, if not being let in on all the inner workings of a company makes you uncomfortable as a client/potential client, then, that is on you to make a decision that makes your sensitivities all better.  Again, it makes no difference. 

• Like 5

On 10/28/2023 at 6:15 PM, jay jay said:

It's abandonware.   The devs have been promising updates for ages, with nothing tangible to show.    If they are unable to provide any communication to their customers since the last one months ago ('we are working on an update, now I'm going to lock this thread"), it's time to face reality.   Aerosoft is just gonna be Aerosoft.   

Well, I guess you can just sell off your system components and find another hobby.  Abandonware, you people are delusional. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2023 at 6:42 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

an updated model with a detailed cabin and more.

Really, you will develop a detailed cabin in your CRJ!! that's very cool and what about the a330 would you do so? 

• Developer
4 hours ago, ahmed2003 said:

Really, you will develop a detailed cabin in your CRJ!! that's very cool and what about the a330 would you do so? 

I'm not a modeller, just a programmer. Somebody else is designing the CRJ cabins. I don't know what the plans for the A330 are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I'm not a modeller, just a programmer. Somebody else is designing the CRJ cabins. I don't know what the plans for the A330 are.

Ah okay anyway, Do you know bro who's responsible for the a330 project? I want to know how far its development has gone and how near we are to the release date. We didn't hear anything for a while. 

Am 31.10.2023 um 17:42 schrieb Hans Hartmann:

I promise you that there will be a CRJ update, although it will likely not be released before the end of the year, that it will be a major one, that it will include the much awaited LNAV/VNAV fixes as well as Simbrief, Navigraph Charts, an updated model with a detailed cabin and more

Wow, great news Hans. Looking forward to seeing that update and fly the CRJ more often again

On 10/31/2023 at 4:42 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

an updated model with a detailed cabin and more.

Are there any planned changes to the cockpit?  In particular the screens, they are too small and difficult to read when you've set the camera position correctly using the eye position indicators.     All in all, glad to hear there are some updates comming.

On 11/5/2023 at 3:18 PM, kelaki said:

Are there any planned changes to the cockpit?  In particular the screens, they are too small and difficult to read when you've set the camera position correctly using the eye position indicators.     All in all, glad to hear there are some updates comming.

proportionally the screens are correct or nearly so.  Like in a real aircraft you have to adjust your seat.  You have to turn your head/move your eyes to see the eye indicator in real life.  What a pilot sees in front of him with just eye movement is his two screens and his side of the MCP.  Head movements are required to see other things CLEARLY.  If you have "correctly set the eye position by the indicator, and the screens are too small, you are "sitting" too far back in the cockpit.  A tracking system like Track IR adds much to the enjoyment/realism. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, Crabby said:

proportionally the screens are correct or nearly so.  Like in a real aircraft you have to adjust your seat.  You have to turn your head/move your eyes to see the eye indicator in real life.  What a pilot sees in front of him with just eye movement is his two screens and his side of the MCP.  Head movements are required to see other things CLEARLY.  If you have "correctly set the eye position by the indicator, and the screens are too small, you are "sitting" too far back in the cockpit.  A tracking system like Track IR adds much to the enjoyment/realism. 

Yea I'm aware that you'll need to move your head irl.    I'll give a shot at using TIR, but I'm not a fan of using it for anything other than DCS/BMS.    I've messed around with my camera settings so it is a tiny bit better, just seems that I have to go a lot more zoomed in compared to all the other aircraft I have for the displays to be clearer.

The displays look small compared to the A320 and B738, reading the selected altitude on the AP becomes mission impossible, and this gets seriously worse in VR.

Same with the navigation arcs, where there are 180º turns that it gets crazy.

I think the work with the aircraft is very good, Digital Aviation has created excellent works such as the Fokker 100, and here it simply lacks to correct the few errors it has.

I hope they are working on it!