!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Manual Flight, Autoflight and Flight Management

All discussions and questions about the Flight Management system and autoflight (autopilot etc) and manual flight.

352 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
    • 0 replies
  2. Topics
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. VNAV Question

• 1 reply
  4. unflyable

• 19 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
  5. Flight Mode Annunciator bug

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. Few Issues Please

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  7. FMS altitudes

• 15 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
  8. Cockpit Lighting Issue

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 10 replies

• No, thats somthing i have tried as well. But interesting would be, what file does that? Or what file i have to check... Same for the A320 😕
    • Impressive environment! Way that's way above my level of engineering! My day to day job is programming and testing SCADA systems. Our customers are the national grid integrators, and heavy industries mostly around the port of Antwerp.   Regards, Vital
    • Hello Mert, The tank that you are refering to is trim tank. The fuel system can transfer fuel to and from trim tank automatically to maintain optimum center of gravity for the flight. The trigger for the automatic transfer is at FL255. So once you pass flight level 255 the trim tank will begin AFT transfer (transferring fuel to the trim tank) unless the trim tank is full already. During the as Center of Gravity shifts, the trim tank will perform automatic forward transfer to maintain optimum balance. There is much more that goes into the trim tank logic but hopefully this answers your question.
    • Very nice!  I understand.  We have a somewhat similar background. I built two nuclear submarines and later worked Program Management for Naval/Submarine Combat Systems for the US Navy and then the US Navy SUBSAFE program (that's some deep engineering and quality assurance, and it's the same program NASA adopted from us then screwed up to hell and back and which cost them a second Space Shuttle).  Of course I was very green / wet behind the ears for the first boat build but I served on her for the next 6 years with a short stint to go flying in a Naval Flight Officer billet for 5 months (time off for good behavior).  By the time the second boat build came around I was one of the leads, then it was off to the Combat Systems Program Management (hardware and software). It was an invaluable experience and of course I walked away from that a pretty heavy bear. Today in retirement I only have memories of the man I used to be... LOL!   Anyway, nice to have an engineer around.  What type of engineering my friend?    
    • What you don't get is that the tank that I marked with a red rectangular shows "0" during boarding phase but after departure the value starts to increase, meaning that there's fuel getting into that tank. Is that normal? I'm awaiting an explanation from your side. Thanks in advance. -Mert