CRJ 700 PRO - FMC Flight Plan Issue at LEAS, Rwy29 & SID AMAKA2F

Dear Sirs
Firstly, I would like to know if the CRJ 700 (v2.2.0.2) is capable of flying Nav Mode DME Arcs’ as I have experienced an interesting and unexplained problem when trying to fly the LEAS Rwy29 SID AMAKA2F.  The SID requires a departure on runway heading 289 degrees and then an immediate change to 290 degrees heading until 7.5 DME (VES – 112.4) at which point there is a right turn to take up a 10 DME Arc.

Although I can fly the Arc using Nav Mode set to VOR1 (VES – 112.4), together with the Autopilot and Heading Button on (frequent adjustments make), the aircraft will not fly the Arc when the Navigation Mode is set to FMS1, Autopilot on and NAV Button on.  

Additionally, The FMC is not showing correct initial distances and indeed on take-off, the initial distances shown on the FMC, change and a white line is suddenly drawn on the 290-degree heading and can be anything from 36 miles to 0 miles to 9.1 miles to 155 miles!  It just seems to change on every load of the flight plan (created using Simbrief – LEAS/29 AMAKA2F AMAKA R42 BLV G23 GRAUS UM601 BCN UZ167 LORES LORES1K LEPA/24R)

Pictures 1, 2 and 3 show the FMC with an incorrect distance to the VES Arc – three different loads of the flight plan.  Picture 4 shows the extended white line that suddenly appears after take-off!

I thought the answer might be the FMC Auto Switching the Nav1 frequency to a different VOR with the same ident, but the problem still occurs even when I switch FMC frequency change to ‘Manual’ – in any case the frequency does not change so actually, I know that the correct VES – 112.4 is being used.  So, why is the white line suddenly appearing and extending from the runway to various distances well beyond the right turn for the Arc?

My Navigation data source is from Navigraph with up-to-date AIRAC.  I do not consider this to be the source of the problem given I use EFB2 with Navigraph data and the flight plan is drawn correctly.

Additionally, I should add that I have a friend who also uses the same aircraft but with P3Dv5.1 and he is experiencing the same problems.

My operating system is Windows 10 (fully up-to-date) and my simulator is P3Dv4.5 + Orbx add-on scenery for LEAS.

I will be most grateful for any assistance that can be provided or confirmation that this is a bug in the CRJ 700 software.
Thank you.
Trevor 

Please login to display this image.

Well, there has Hans to look inside that problem due at the point where the CRJ should turn right into the ARC Leg and displayed at the FMS the CRJ turn left an this ends in an 360 endless circle.

I know the CRJ can handle ARC approaches at LEAS very well if you keep an eye at your speed.

I have typed in the data 2 times manually into the FMS, and get the same distances displayed.

In the past some user have has some trouble with flightplans from Simbrief due the flightplan exporter dont work correct for CRJ flightplans.

But more important is they should not turn left if the FMS show a right turn.

Wolfgang

Hello Wolfgang

Thank you for your response and from your observations as well as mine, I hope the developers are able to resolve the issue.  I did not mention in initial enquiry that as well as importing the Simbrief plan, I did try manual inputs, but same result.

I assume a developer will attend to this issue from this post?

Thanks again

Trevor

• 2 months later...

Hello

It has now been a while since I posted the issue detailed above and I remain unaware as to whether it's receiving any attention from a developer?.  I can confirm that even with the release of the latest version of the CRJ, there is still a fault.

I would be grateful if a developer could get back to me and confirm firstly that the issue has been noted and secondly when I might expect a fix to the problem

Thank you

Trevor

P3D4.5

Archived