• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply

• I was able to land the plane, but like yesterday something happened to the sim and it not did work as it was supposed to.     After completing all the ground checklists and the at least the after takeoff checklist,  the start decent checklist did not come on (the message on the top did not appear either).    I initiated the decent as I normally would in the FMC but there was no control over speed or maintaining the plane on the glide slope.  Basically I controlled the decent and deployed the speed brakes and retarded the throttle to maintain proper altitude from waypoint to waypoint.  I never heard from the crew at all on the way down and basically manually landed the plane.   It did fly the localizer in,  but even though I was below the glide slope,  when it intercepted the slope it did not control the plane to decend along the glide slope.   At least for me there has been maintaining control issues on both flights while on auto pilot,  very different behavior than the A320 which was pretty rock solid.   I don't think this is at all pilot error, because your not interacting with the plane at this point.   It's just flying along on auto.   Idk how much confidence I have right now to try another one.   I like the visual on the A320 throttle much more than the A330.   On the A320 it was very easy to see the detent for Clb vrs this one. 
    • Here is a picture.   The good news is that Simbrief prediction is very close to FOB.    The bad news is that the MCDU is completely messed up. You can see that even the previous way-point shows less fuel than the current FOB, and the prediction for the way-point which is 1 nm away is 7.8 tons less. I don't think this happens in the real aircraft.
    • Perhaps an Air Hong Kong/DHL EI-HEA?  Should be rather straightforward...   https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1030996/ei-hea-air-hong-kong-airbus-a330-300f/   Thank you!
    • Hello, i have an confusing failure with the frequency.   All my navigation data is on AIRAC 1908 (which shows freq 109.5) P3D 4.5 database updated with fsAerodata tool. Little Nav Map updated with Navigraph tool (shows me the P3D data with 109.5) Active Sky, Aerosoft Bus Professional, PMDG 737...all of the databases on 1908...all of them know 109.5. Stuttgart Professional installed, the charts tell me frequency 109.5.   But no one of my aircraft can receive the ILS on 109.5 When i check the ingame map of P3D, it shows a very old frequency of 110.9. And with this, i receive the ILS.   So i wanted to find out where the failure comes from. With the Airport Editor from https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html I opened the scenery folder within the Aerosoft\Stuttgart Pro folders. ILS "ISTE" and "ISTW" show both the correct frequencies 109.5 and 109.9.   So where the heck is the frequency 110.9 hidden? Must be in some other BGL files that are used by P3D for EDDS.   Again, the scenery export in Little Nav Map from the P3D database shows the correct 109.5. I can not find out where this discrepancy comes from.   As EDDS with the approach 07 from the west is my favorite arrival airport and approach...thats frustrating.   Thanks for any tipps, Jan
    • Mathijs, with all respect I don't think just because the real aircraft can sometimes show weird things, this is a proper answer for a bug we all experience. I don't think the real aircraft predicts negative fuel on destination in the middle of the cruise. That is way too off to be realistic.