Fire Warning Lights and Bells

Tubodriver

I am running P3Dv4.5.13.32097 on Windows 10.  Twin Otter start up situation is set to cold and dark.

I load a default aircraft and then call up the Twin Otter from the aircraft menu. When the Twin Otter  loads from the aircraft menu the simulator is paused.  However, as soon as the aircraft is loaded the fire pull handles light and bells go off. I have not yet even started the aircraft.  I unpause the sim and the fire warnings stop.  But as soon as I turn on the battery to begin the start process the fire lights and bell go off again.  I can  then silence the bell, start the aircraft as normal, and fly away with the fire pull handles still showing red.

Anyone have an idea as to what this issue might be?

Thanks.

Mathijs,

Update:  The glitch was with P3D NOT the Twotter itself. I ran a repair on P3D and it seems to have solved the problem?? Ahhh... the joy of simmimg.

Thanks for your help.

Ops! I spoke too soon. The issue is back.  With engines running... if I turn the  battery ON and the DC power OFF, the  fire bell and lights stop. Likewise, if I turn the DC power ON and the battery OFF the alarms stop. But with both DC power and battery On the fire alarms continue to go off. While the fire bells and lights are on and with engines running I can take off and fly the aircraft as usual. Very strange.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived