General Discussion (No Support)

Use this forum for all your general discussion about Microsoft Flight Simulation. Please note that our options to support are very limited but that you will find answers to almost every question at https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

32 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 0 replies
  2. Topics
    • 209 replies
    • 69.7k views
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. AS Updater

• 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies

• Popular Topics

• Latest Posts

• The taxi lights are in the wing. There are two lights in each wing fairing - one for taxi, and one for landing. There is a single light on the nose gear that is controlled by the center switch between the two landing light switches.   The autopilot works correctly SPD and VS are two different ways of managing vertical path, you can use one or the other, not both at the same time.
    • No idea what you mean by the cockpit light thing but. The taxi lights are correct, they really don’t illuminate in front of the aircraft. Think of them as more like runway turnoff lights. Yes it is annoying. When I taxi the real plane at night I normally have the taxi lights and the nose landing light on so I can see the ground in front of me.    Next, SPD mode is a vertical mode. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have both SPD and V/S enabled at the same time. SPD mode = IAS mode in other aircraft. There is not an auto throttle in this aircraft. SPD mode will not ever control the aircrafts thrust to maintain speed as it is strictly a vertical control mode. When you enable SPD mode the aircraft will pitch to maintain speed, resulting in a climb or descent. Note it’s actually a little more complicated then this in that there is actually 4 different modes the aircraft can go into when you press SPD (CLIMB, DESC, IAS, and PITCH). 
    • I have experienced this several times now and I'm not quite sure as to what I'm doing wrong or if there is an actual problem.   I usually depart not knowing the arrival procedure (no RW at this point), the FMS essentially only ends with Altitudes that are my cruizing altitude as it should be I suppose. But when I get closer to the Airport and have my ATIS available (Vatsim) I will program accordingly and the FMS (in Legs page) shows the respective altitude restrictions and calculates V speeds for each altitude.   Here comes the issue: when given an altitude to reach at a certain waypoint (that has no restrictions assigned to it) I am overwriting the altitude calculated in the Legs page. That altitude is displayed correctly in my PFD, but the FMS shows the "old" altitude and calculates the V speeds accordingly.   In my screenshot you can clearly see, that when descending with 1kft/min I will reach the dialed in altitude (FL230) at this speed at or around the waypoint (which also shows FL230). BUT: the MCDU still shows FL319 (essentially giving the FL I should be at to meet the first published restriction on the arrival) and VNAV says my vertical speed should be way lower.   1) What am I doing wrong? 2) Is there something wrong?
    • I am using your msfs2020 crj 550-700 plane and wanted to tell you a few issues I identified. First of all, let me say that when the light changes during the day and night, the whole button set in the cockpit becomes inoperable as a visual effect, but its functions are working. Second, your taxi lights are on, but the part ehead of the plane is not illuminated at all. Cannot use vs when the speed is active in the In Auto pilot panel, vs is inoperable when speed is active and vice versa. If you fix these in the first update you will get the first perfect plane for msfs thank you