MSFS SU5 + Hotfix CRJ observation

DMullert

Hello Gang!

The CRJ seems to be working OK in SU5 + Hotfix.  Only observation is that the Airspeed does not update or updates every 5-10 seconds instead of fluidly.  Other items seems to be working OK.

Dennis

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I applied the speed tape fix and took my first post SU5 flight in the CRJ. All went well, no CTD, no freezes, only once or twice short stutters.

But I noticed that the AP heading push button (to set the heading bug to present heading) does not work anymore - so instead I had to constantly adjust the heading bug manually.

Same seems to be true for all other push functions of rotary buttons on the AP. Is that a known issue with SU5 or might there be something wrong at my end?

Best regards and happy flying!

@StanTGM

I think you need pressing center mouse button to get the button pushed in now.

with me the FPS dropped dramatically with the fix … did u notice that ? 

-edit- RIGHT mouse to the the push icon

Hi

In the relevant aerosoft-crj directory there are no m files for me. Not before enabling FAST WASM, nore after it.

I have a standard MS Store installation, no different installation path. I have no time today to check if I can reproduce speed tape problem.

Regards

Peter

@DGH yes, using the fix dramatically reduces FPS, I can also confirm this. Somehow using "Fast WASM Compilation" might be making the code run less efficiently. I see almost 10-15 fps difference while using it vs not using it. But for now, its the only way to fly the CRJ. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, StanTGM said:

But I noticed that the AP heading push button (to set the heading bug to present heading) does not work anymore - so instead I had to constantly adjust the heading bug manually.

Thanks to those who offered a quick tip. For a really good visual and explanation, please take a look at the .pdf in this:

3 hours ago, StanTGM said:

Hi all,

I applied the speed tape fix and took my first post SU5 flight in the CRJ. All went well, no CTD, no freezes, only once or twice short stutters.

Same seems to be true for all other push functions of rotary buttons on the AP. Is that a known issue with SU5 or might there be something wrong at my end?

Best regards and happy flying!

Greetings, Where do i find this fix. Apologize in advance if it is obvious...just with this aircraft it usually just simply works and I rarely visit the forum.

Dave

19 minutes ago, Bálint Fedor said:

Hi! Here is the workaround.     

Thanks for this info. Being a little "computer challenged" as much as I enjoy this aircraft I think I will sit this one out till the MSFS fix is implemented. Cheers.

Dave

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, sparrows said:

Hi

In the relevant aerosoft-crj directory there are no m files for me. Not before enabling FAST WASM, nore after it.

I have a standard MS Store installation, no different installation path. I have no time today to check if I can reproduce speed tape problem.

Regards

Peter

With in sim marketplace purchases the m files are no longer generated when you load the product. This is a change made by Microsoft some time ago already with products purchased through their marketplace.

Unfortunately in this case the only option is to wait for the CRJ update which is currently waiting for sim hotfix.

@Mathijs Kok

Dear Mathijs,

do you know if Asobo or Microsoft where working this weekend? And do you know perhaps, if they have a personal rotation, so that they can work more as 8 hours? 

I am asking that, because it's very quite from the officials in social media, forum, etc....

I think you can understand asking something like that... We want to have a feeling for "whats going on", while we are waiting for solutions... :(

Regards

Markus 

vor 3 Stunden , Herman sagte:

Thanks to those who offered a quick tip. For a really good visual and explanation, please take a look at the .pdf in this:

Thanks, Herman and fellow simmers!

I assume that tip also works after going back to „legacy“ mouse mode - which is the first thing I did after starting FS

(no more sim time today to check that out myself…) 

vor 3 Stunden , Shyam Murali sagte:

@DGH yes, using the fix dramatically reduces FPS, I can also confirm this. Somehow using "Fast WASM Compilation" might be making the code run less efficiently. I see almost 10-15 fps difference while using it vs not using it. But for now, its the only way to fly the CRJ. 

I did notice during my CRJ flight today that the sim was not as smooth as yesterday, when I flew the TMB. I remedied that by turning motion reprojection back on in OXR (I fly in VR only).

Like always, after my flight and after powering down the CRJ,  I took a look at my surroundings by drone., That‘s where the frame rate issue became very bad indeed.

5 hours ago, RF pilot said:

To press the heading bug, first press the right mouse button and then press the left button, it works

With the new "lock" controls system it is actually first left mouse button, hold it and then while holding the left button either press right mouse button (push) or middle mouse button (pull). I know your way also works but the new system introduced the left mouse button as the lock button. With that pressed one can also turn knobs just by moving a mouse into left or right direction. I haven't tested that in the CRJ though, waiting for Asobo patch that fixes that airspeed indicator thing. 

5 hours ago, Secondator said:

With in sim marketplace purchases the m files are no longer generated when you load the product. This is a change made by Microsoft some time ago already with products purchased through their marketplace.

Unfortunately in this case the only option is to wait for the CRJ update which is currently waiting for sim hotfix.

Thank you. Unfortunately the new control mechanism does not work as expected in VR. The right mouse Click is mapped to Focus/Zoom in VR. Even after removing that I am unable to click the push buttons on the heading or course buttons. Reverting to LEGACY mode does not allow for clicking of the push buttons in VR. We will patiently wait for a fix.  I was also having the Airspeed Ticker issue but after removing all the m* files and enabling the FAST ASM COMPILATION I was able to complete a flight without any issues. Missed the CRJ...

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, Fulatoro said:

Thank you. Unfortunately the new control mechanism does not work as expected in VR. The right mouse Click is mapped to Focus/Zoom in VR. Even after removing that I am unable to click the push buttons on the heading or course buttons. Reverting to LEGACY mode does not allow for clicking of the push buttons in VR.

we are aware. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, jeanantho said:

Hello 

I confirm I have the same problem

Guys, all these problems of SU5 are well known, So please refrain from "me too" posts. Thanks.

• Aerosoft
On 8/1/2021 at 8:28 PM, tribejagd said:

@Mathijs Kok

We want to have a feeling for "whats going on", while we are waiting for solutions... :(

So do we.  I can only say we exhausted all options.  I worked 16 hours this weekend.

But we think we are close to a solution.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived