MSFS SU5 + Hotfix CRJ observation

DMullert

Just did the update on MSFS Marketplace. In the end it worked, but not without hiccups:

• I clicked the update button and a 900MB update started to download. After reaching 100% I got the “waiting…” message, and than the update started again. This repeated a couple of times, i.e. I got stuck in the infamous update loop
  • I cancelled the update
  • completely deleted the CRJ from via content manager.
  • After deinstall, the CRJ was still visible as an installed product in content manager 
  • closed and restarted MSFS, and now the CRJ showed as not installed
  • did the full install and that worked without problem 

Content manager shows that I am now on ver. 0109 and all is well 🙂

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 8 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Short private note, thanks for all the kind words, it is much appreciated. Things have been very stressful and nobody was happy with the delays. But this time was simply needed to get to the product we have now. Keep in mind this is really the most complex add-on for the sim at this moment.

Just did something I had forgotten, even though I bought the CRJ on day 1:

Gave it well-deserved 5 Stars on Marketplace! 🙂 

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, ALFA1 said:

Can Aerosoft staff please update the v1060 product links in the "Updates" section of the Aerosoft.com   ("Support/Service" and then "Updates"). It is a very useful and powerful tool for all of us who purchased the CRJ from other retailers and waited patiently for the working update to come along. I think it is just a link replacement there, since it is currently hosting the outdated v1050.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Will be done on monday.

Short update: version 1.0.6.0 is now also available through the Update Database:

8 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I really don't know why that is. The manifest.json file has the correct number 1.0.6 in it.

Hi Hans thanks.  I'll give it another go today but there is definitely something off with marketplace version.  Climb in speed mode speed gets stuck at almost stall speed fully cleaned up and and speed bugged up to 280 and then she flies like that at barely almost 0 vs for quite a bit before dropping nose to gain speed and rinse and repeat.  That is with throttles full forward,   VS in climb is not obeyed either again throttles at full power.  In cruise speed doesn't seem to increase for quite a long time either at full power.  MCDU got extremely messy with star repeating itself 4 times.  I did do complete delete restart and reinstall from market place.  If I continue to have problems is there any way I could somehow switch it out for a standalone version if I provide a proof of purchase?  

Did my first flight with the new version: UUWW to UKBB (Moscow Vnukovo to Kiev):

First spawning at UUWW - started cold and dark, and went thru the routine of setting up the CRJ. When all was set I advanced throttles and the plane did not move! Prking brake was off, no wheel chocks. Interesting enough, the airspeed started to climb, but the plane did not move a millimeter.

So I decided to reload the flight.

Second spawning at UUWW - same startup routine, and this time all went well, i.e. the plane began to taxi when it was supposed to. I had a wonderful and rather uneventful flight to Kiev… Occasional stutters in VR, but nothing to write home about. The CRJ behaved like expected - all smooth and nice.

Just one observation - don’t know it is a bug or if I did something wrong:

I always use the DirTo page on the right FMS to get info on required descend speeds. My left FMS usually is on the legs page. I noticed that the Flight Level Info differed between the two FMS. While I had the expected FL info on the left FMS (Legs), on the right FMS (DirTo) I saw much higher FL. 

Since I always use both displays during descent, I am absolutely certain that in the past the FL on Legs and DirTo page were identical for each waypoint. 

Maybe Hans can shed some light on this?

Else, as I said: a very pleasant flight in my favorite MSFS plane…

vor 52 Minuten, LesOReilly sagte:

@StanTGM That not moving but the airspeed and everything else working sounds like Active Pause.....

Good point, thanks! This might be the reason…

After spawning, already in VR, I tried to invoke the toolbar (where you can open the Navigraph Cart, for example), but did not manage. Maybe I inadvertently did activate Active Pause! 

Need to investigate further, but this is a very plausible explanation…!

Just did two flights with the newest version. All good.

You may tire of hearing this but thank you. For me it flew well. I very much enjoy your CRJ. Nice to have it back.

Dave

(retired pilot)

2 minutes ago, StanTGM said:

Good point, thanks! This might be the reason…

After spawning, already in VR, I tried to invoke the menu bar (where you can open the Navigraph Cart, for example), but did not manage. Maybe I inadvertently did activate Active Pause! 

Need to investigate further, but this is a very plausible explanation…!

Yeah I hate Active pause :).....  I use the "regular" pause via a button or Script Panel...

I was stuck in the Icon with the throttle hammered and the engine screaming and could not figure it out for like 10 mins......  At least the old pause in P3D would tell you in the corner it was pause :)

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

Yeah I hate Active pause :)..... 

Is the pause bug still not fixed? It's been there since day 1 :( 

12 minutes ago, oisk said:

Is the pause bug still not fixed? It's been there since day 1 :( 

Which one...  There was the controls for speed brake and flaps triggering coming out of the menu....  But I was not aware of Pause (not menu) doing anything..

47 minutes ago, matrosov said:

Lucky you mine is still broken.  Are you using the stand alone or market place version?

Yours is not broken ... you need to follow the instructions on how to map to the correct AXIS...

2 minutes ago, matrosov said:

Weeel. I am pretty sure my axis works. because I can get her off the ground.  :).  Issue is with AP modes speed, VS and climb cruise performance. 

sorry .. my fault.. mixed up a different username from another thread...

If you are having a specific issue like this then opening up your own thread with those might be of help for them to sort out your issue.

again sorry for mistaking your user name for another ..

• Deputy Sheriffs

This thread has far expanded past the initial issue and become a magnet for more general things. For that reason, it's time to close it.

For the originator, the just released update 1.0.6.0 should have resolved your issue. If not, please open a new thread in the appropriate support section.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived