Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

Are you sure it is by Aerosoft?

Looks as desolated as by Premier Aircraft! I mean the panel

The Twin Otter is modelled and textured by Stefan Hoffmann.

He is the one who also did the Hughes H-1, Catalina, AirbusX and Bronco.

All of these are regarded as among the best and most framerate friendly models.

What You see on those shots are just the bare starting point of the VC.

I know that Stefan is very reluctant to post screenshots like those here, simply because many people get a very wrong impression on how it will look later.

But Aerosoft is among the very few developing companies who offer these open insights into the progress of their projects.

It´s called a preview forum because it only gices a preview of projects under developement.

Finn

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twin Otter X extended just goes to prove that if you wish enough for something then it will happen!!!!

Credit card is VERY ready for this one, and it is sure to be a winner for Aerosoft. Lukla is going to be SO much fun now....

smooth landings.

Well said. Amen so let it be.

Hi,

Thanks for the explainations. As supposed I just had a quick look to this forum following the link published by Simflight.

It looked for me disappointing compared with what I am used to get from Aerosoft (I'm a faithfull buyer of your add-ons).

Compared with the last Katena e.g.

Please forget my remark,

It'is displaced in the right context.

Best regards

I'm one of those people who nowadays mostly use Prepar3D for my flying. Will the Otter be compatible with P3D, will it even have an installer for it? I really want this new Otter!!! :hi_s:

/Torbjörn

This was answered on the 1st page! For convenience: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/52170-twin-otter-x-extended/#entry355273

Will this plane have a Custom GPS (not reality XP) so that we can fly RNAV apporaches in it with the Nav Data Pro database?

100- and 300- models intended. Neither is approved RNAV approaches under GPS guidance. You're thinking about the newer -400.

I'm guessing therefore, the answer to your question ins `No`... unless it's as "UNreal as it gets" :big_boss_s:

Will this plane have a Custom GPS (not reality XP) so that we can fly RNAV apporaches in it with the Nav Data Pro database?

The "Custom GPS" is not that much custom.

The GPS itself is 100% the same as the default GPS500 that comes with FSX, only the left pane with Com1/Nav1 has been added in favor of the old data for Waypoint names, distance, speed etc..

Finn

• Aerosoft

I'm one of those people who nowadays mostly use Prepar3D for my flying. Will the Otter be compatible with P3D, will it even have an installer for it? I really want this new Otter!!! :hi_s:

/Torbjörn

Yes, full P3D version.

can we please see how the rest of the prodjects is comming along all you have show us is pics of the l00 om wheels and the 300 620 shp can whe please see pics of the 100 on floats and skis. the airstair verisonwould be nice as well. A post a cuple pages back I requseted a version 320 witch is not a real aircraft. The advanced stol is called the dhc6- 310. Is it posibie to see that as an expantion pack in the future? thx Matijs

Chad Hittenberger

can we please see how the rest of the prodjects is comming along all you have show us is pics of the l00 om wheels and the 300 620 shp can whe please see pics of the 100 on floats and skis. the airstair verisonwould be nice as well. A post a cuple pages back I requseted a version 320 witch is not a real aircraft. The advanced stol is called the dhc6- 310. Is it posibie to see that as an expantion pack in the future? thx Matijs

Chad Hittenberger

Only the 300 wheeled has been modeled until now, the rest will follow later.

Not sure that we will show screenshots of the engines closeup. Screenshots taken at this stage of developement seems only to confuse people about the quality that this project will end up with (just see the post a page back or so regarding the VC panels).

Finn

Hi Daniel!

The current twotter project has simply nothing to do with the old, despite that it features the DHC-6 plane.

All interior and exterior stuff it completely new and goes a lot beyond what was done for the old project.

Currently we finish the gauges to a status where they can be tested for functionality, this happens with a very basic paint.

When we see the stuff works and the model is "fixated" we go into detail and thats the point where then all becomes looking "realistic".

Often changes are needed in those situations and guess when we would do full detailing from beginning on, we could drop that time to trashbin anytime and production

time would increase drastically. So we do it like the good old painters: First rough sketch for the shapes and overall balance, then into the details.

The paint kit will completely new so also logically. It features a higher resolution, this i can say already and tries to include large areas as one. So not splitted like the old one,

which makes it repainters not really easy to keep their lines.

Best

Stefan

Will the paintkit of the Extended Twotter be similar to the current Twotter paintkit?

Greets, Daniel

tries to include large areas as one. So not splitted like the old one,

which makes it repainters not really easy to keep their lines.

Best

Stefan

excellent news, most of my time repainting Aerosoft models was always spent trying to align lines and other markings on the different texture files..

btw, it does not have to be that advanced, a simple white texture like with Carenado does the trick perfectly as well.

The A2A paintkits are becoming so advanced and large that my computer has trouble just opening the files.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs, would you post some new pictures about the work in progress? because y am feeling the abstinence syndrome.. :flame_s:

y need more work in progress!!! :help_s: ja,ja.

Thank you very much for your brillant masterpieces and the love you put on all of your works.

Regards,

Raul Aubele.

Sure!

post-43-0-37040100-1349421256_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-72995300-1349421282_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-03291900-1349421301_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-57840700-1349421331_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-45521600-1349421350_thumb.jpg

Archived