Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I know its still in development but noticed there is a yellow/orange arc on the port Prop RPM gauge from 20 to 50 but not on the Starboard engine gauge..

Believe me, if these kind of things will not be fixed before beta testing, it will most certainly be done at that time. ^_^ So don't worry.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its still in development but noticed there is a yellow/orange arc on the port Prop RPM gauge from 20 to 50 but not on the Starboard engine gauge..

Thats so in the model, because on the real one i took my reference photographs, it was the same way: Only the left engine gauge had that yellow arc.

Are you and twotter pilot that you can testify this should be also on the right gauge the same way or is it more a usual feeling that things must ever happen twice?

Just to show...

Here is the real instruments:

post-7458-0-53986800-1349536639_thumb.jp

Also note the the green arc is different between the two engines.

Maybe one of the gauges where replaced and a 100% similar was not available.

One thing more..

Look at the small needles and You will see that though the engines are shut down, the left one still shows 100 RPM.

Often we don´t add these kind of realistc things, because they only trigger bug reports.

Finn

Is the Twin Otter Extended going to include its own GNS530? Or is there a place on the panel specifically for the RealityXP GNS530? And if it's the latter, what will fill the spot for on the panel, for those who don't own the RXP GNS530?

Thats so in the model, because on the real one i took my reference photographs, it was the same way: Only the left engine gauge had that yellow arc.

Are you and twotter pilot that you can testify this should be also on the right gauge the same way or is it more a usual feeling that things must ever happen twice?

I flew them for a very small operator with two airplanes flying and a wreck and a couple of freight containers for spares. You never knew what you were going to see for the first flight in the morning. Mechanics worked at night until they were done and we rarely saw them in the morning. They did whatever they had to do to make sure that the two airplanes were flyable each morning--that little airline could not afford to have one on the ground.

That VC is looking really fine, Stefan, and I look forward to this new improved Twin Otter. Mismatches in the cockpit are just fine for me.

cheers,

steve

I think this answers your question :excellenttext_s:

Is the Twin Otter Extended going to include its own GNS530? Or is there a place on the panel specifically for the RealityXP GNS530? And if it's the latter, what will fill the spot for on the panel, for those who don't own the RXP GNS530?

The 100 and 300 versions will be available. Float and wheeled versions (not 100% sure about ski).

What You see is a GPS530.

Currently a "tweaked" version of the default GPS500 is used.

The only differens is that Com1/Nav1 radios has been added in the left pane and GPS/NAV toggle is done via the CDI button.

Once we got everything in place, we will try to make a version for the Reality XP GNS530, but according to other developers who have used it in their projects, it´s very much a trial and error thing to get it working.

Finn

I am not, just a flight simmer and that caught my eye. I like what someone else said that a used plane will have things different like that.

mathijs what instruments are on the lower panel behind the control yoke pedestal on this aircraft? There are no good pics of those instruments could we see some please? Will you make sure they are all modeled and working before release? thx!

chad hittenberger

Are you talking about the HSI, VSI and Radar Altimeter or the fuel qty gauges, xpdr and hydraulic gauge? Can't imagine they would release the product leaving any of them inop... silly, don't you think?

mathijs what instruments are on the lower panel behind the control yoke pedestal on this aircraft? There are no good pics of those instruments could we see some please? Will you make sure they are all modeled and working before release? thx!

chad hittenberger

Hi Chad!

From the pilots and FO view later you have no problem to look onto the now "yoke coverd" instruments which is the transponder unit and below the FDR, yes a flight data recorder!

Thats not the default setup of the twinotter, but as we all want so see how clean we flew this and that and to improve our virtual pilots skills, we can witness afterwards so what we did pretty graphically.

The instruments itself will all be animated later in line of their mechanic abilities, so even the POWER OFF Flags will pop out, when battery voltage is away from them for example.

Aerosoft decided for you beloved costumers, that you can witness the WHOLE development schedule. For me as an 3d artist that is not totally nice, as i have to martyr a part of my work schedule to explain that this in

still work in progress and not the final product. This time the twotter goes far above what was delivered in the last time, visually, aurally and systemwise. And before anyone asks: Yes, you can see this time also the nose

from the pilots position. So anyone lucky now?

Cheers

Stefan

Hi Chad!

From the pilots and FO view later you have no problem to look onto the now "yoke coverd" instruments which is the transponder unit and below the FDR, yes a flight data recorder!

Thats not the default setup of the twinotter, but as we all want so see how clean we flew this and that and to improve our virtual pilots skills, we can witness afterwards so what we did pretty graphically.

The instruments itself will all be animated later in line of their mechanic abilities, so even the POWER OFF Flags will pop out, when battery voltage is away from them for example.

Aerosoft decided for you beloved costumers, that you can witness the WHOLE development schedule. For me as an 3d artist that is not totally nice, as i have to martyr a part of my work schedule to explain that this in

still work in progress and not the final product. This time the twotter goes far above what was delivered in the last time, visually, aurally and systemwise. And before anyone asks: Yes, you can see this time also the nose

from the pilots position. So anyone lucky now?

Cheers

Stefan

Thanks Stefan, we do appreciate you all taking time out to show us the development in progress. Great news with the FDR, all around increased fidelity, and the nose being visible. I know that this is going to be my favourite add-on for quite some time!

stefen i totaly resepect what you guys are doing and understand it all takes time andthat i could never do your job becaus i do not have eney pataentants when things dont go wright the first time arrond. A true artist never likes to show his work until it is pefect so thank you for your insight in to how things are going with the prodject. in the future can we get a twinotter with a flight data computeror a FMS lol. chad hittenberger

I think this answers your question :excellenttext_s:

Thanks for pointing that post by Mathijs. I must have either missed reading it, or forgot that I had. Unfortunately, I'm betting it was the latter. :(

If a 3D modeled RXP 530 doesn't work out, you can always have an option to remove the 3D knobs so we can place anything we like there. That would in fact open up the option for things like FSMap or a weather radar if some people chose.

That said, I would love to see 3D integration of the RXP530 more! Just an option though and I know it will be fantastic either way.

Very nice Mathijs...is there a way to ensure the animation for the front doors, airstairs and baggage compartments are seperate?

Can't wait for this airplane (the -300, but especially the -100!!!)

Kent

Hey Mathijs,

Does that Twotter you guys based your model on have Raisbeck engineering mods? Or did they just swap the original 3 bladers for 4 bladers? I've been looking at some pics on the internet of it and it crossed my mind to ask.

I love this bird. F-GKHM. Definitely Raisbeck modified. See the way it rides a little higher on the main gear and slightly nose low? Maximises the airflow over the wings, making for some awesome STOL takeoffs. We had that done to our Twotters even though they don't have the mods. Got a 5% increase in takeoff performance and a little more margin for error in the way of over-rotation for a rookie f/o. Also there's better pilot visiblity down the nose without having to top out the seats. :)

Cheers.

• Aerosoft

Very nice Mathijs...is there a way to ensure the animation for the front doors, airstairs and baggage compartments are seperate?

Can't wait for this airplane (the -300, but especially the -100!!!)

Kent

yes I do not expect that to be a problem.

Archived