Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Aerosoft

Sounds good! I hope that this will also fix the issue with the "jumping" plane if you return the throttle to “idle” after using the reversers.

I often use the Twin Otter on floats and I find it very annoying that is „jumps“ ahead whenever I use the reversers...

That will not happen with this version.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good! I hope that this will also fix the issue with the "jumping" plane if you return the throttle to “idle” after using the reversers.

I often use the Twin Otter on floats and I find it very annoying that is „jumps“ ahead whenever I use the reversers...

The new Extended version of the Twin Otter will also feature Start locks which are fitted on many/most float equipped Twin Otters.

The start locks will prevent the propellers from feathering during shutdown (if shutdown procedure is done correctly), this again will ensure that the propellers won´t have to unfeather on startup, which is the cause for the jumping ahead during engine start on most FSX turboprop driven floatplanes.

Finn

The new Extended version of the Twin Otter will also feature Start locks which are fitted on many/most float equipped Twin Otters.

The start locks will prevent the propellers from feathering during shutdown (if shutdown procedure is done correctly), this again will ensure that the propellers won´t have to unfeather on startup, which is the cause for the jumping ahead during engine start on most FSX turboprop driven floatplanes.

Finn

FAR OUT! WOW Finn! You guys are stepping up the game. I like it. Minute details such as start locks are often over looked. To see that you guys are going that extra mile shows that this is gonna be SOME simulation. Holy Props! Now I'm excited all over again! Go Aerosoft!

The only time I seen that done realistic it cut FPS in the VC by 50%. You are not willing to loose that amount of FPS for something like that.

I have to ask which product are you refering to? I have seen it done realistically on the Lotus L-39 and it has the same fps in cockpit as default planes...

• Aerosoft

I have to ask which product are you refering to? I have seen it done realistically on the Lotus L-39 and it has the same fps in cockpit as default planes...

On all of my systems the rains drops of that product cut my FPS by half. Logical as these layered transparencies are very hard to do.

Finn

Sounds good, Finn. And this will also eliminate the “jumping” issue when I use the reverser (e.g. for taxiing to a peer) and then go back to Idle?

• Aerosoft

Sounds good, Finn. And this will also eliminate the “jumping” issue when I use the reverser (e.g. for taxiing to a peer) and then go back to Idle?

yes it should have a lot less of that effect. These will be the best simulated turboprops for FSX.

yes it should have a lot less of that effect. These will be the best simulated turboprops for FSX.

Seems like finally a developer (Aerosoft) has set its sights on building advanced turboprops for FSX/P3D. I can die happy. I love Twotters. The Bronco is super cool too. Excellent start, guys. The "Turboprop Ambassador" is satisfied........for now..... :bow_down2_s:

• Aerosoft

Seems like finally a developer (Aerosoft) has set its sights on building advanced turboprops for FSX/P3D. I can die happy. I love Twotters. The Bronco is super cool too. Excellent start, guys. The "Turboprop Ambassador" is satisfied........for now..... :bow_down2_s:

It took us a long time to decide to invest time in getting the engines right because it is really hard, FSX makes a huge mess of them. But with the Bronco we learned how and with the Twotter we can use the experience we gained there.

It took us a long time to decide to invest time in getting the engines right because it is really hard, FSX makes a huge mess of them. But with the Bronco we learned how and with the Twotter we can use the experience we gained there.

Good looking out, Mathijs. You guys now have a loyal customer for life. I am looking to buy a new more powerful system in the next few weeks in anticipation of the onslaught FSX is gonna get from me....... We appreciate your efforts and that of the team's, us down here in the Caribbean.

Cheers.

Thanks for the update Mathijs! Much appreciated :)

Looks like this will probably be released sometime around my birthday...what a nice gift it will make!....and just in time for some arctic winter flying too! :)

great work mathjis. can we please have the gtn430 gps in this aircraft if a 3rd twinotter is ever done can we get the new prattandwithney canada pt6 140a engenes om the aircraft and the glass cockpit please

chad hittenberger

Would you like a HUD to go with that? Imo, it is blasphemy to put a glass cockpit in the twotter. A GPS, sure, there will be one, and probably provisions to add the rxp one, but if you want glass cockpit, there is a nice airbus in the works right now.

• Aerosoft

great work mathjis. can we please have the gtn430 gps in this aircraft if a 3rd twinotter is ever done can we get the new prattandwithney canada pt6 140a engenes om the aircraft and the glass cockpit please

chad hittenberger

Sorry, this will be old school, steam gauges.

Archived