Pending updates

• Aerosoft
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I am seriously sorry were were not able to provide more detailed information about what was planned for the CRJ's. Things were simply complex in every possible way.  Let me assure you that the CRJ is and remains a majorly important project that will not be discarded. 

Hans (Digital Aviation), our partner for the systems in this project, just send new files to testers with this information:

• Fixed inserting enroute transition if destination point is already in flightplan
  • Fixed inserting route discontinuity if waypoint before and after have the same name
  • Fixed inserting whole STAR before runway is selected (only for US-style STAR-ApprTrans-Transitions without an actual STAR in the nav data)
  • Fixed no route discontinuity inserted when SID is changed
  • Fixed terrain display for P3D
  • Fixed TOD indication 
  • Fixed re-arranged VNAV window positioning
  • Terrain radar in MSFS is working but it's quite heavy on the framerate. This is will remain this way until the ability to draw to bitmaps has been added to WASM. Testing should determine if this will be added or not.

Until testing is completed we are unwilling to put any date on an update. 

That sounds very good. Thanks Mathijs for the info

• Like 1

Thank you for the update Mathijs.  Looking forward to these and more fixes.

33 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Terrain radar in MSFS is working but it's quite heavy on the framerate. This is will remain this way until the ability to draw to bitmaps has been added to WASM. Testing should determine if this will be added or not.

Have you gotten any indications from Asobo that what you need for this, as well as weather radar and maybe charts in the EFB are in work or at least planned?

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Joe Markowski said:

Have you gotten any indications from Asobo that what you need for this, as well as weather radar and maybe charts in the EFB are in work or at least planned?

I am sorry, I am not able to respond to that in detail.  

Now do not read that as a negative. Read it exactly as I wrote it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That's fair, I'm not wholly surprised that was the answer.  Thank you.

57 minutes ago, Gregg Seipp said:

I'm *hoping* that they fix the ability to remove airspeeds/altitudes from fixes too!

Yes, this is definitely an important one!

These are the items on the top of my wish-list:

• I've never been able to figure out a consistent way to reproduce it, but the autopilot often blows through SPEED mode and there's no way to fix it without completely turning off all autopilot functions and then re-engaging, sometimes multiple times
  • Going direct from the DIR INTC page should work exactly the same as it does if you use the LEGS page, without inserting a phantom (0) waypoint. The developer clearly knows how to make going direct work as it does from LEGS; now it just needs to call the same thing from DIR INTC. Apparently this has been broken since the P3D version...
  • The advisory VNAV on the DIR INTC page does not work correctly, as described by a real-world CRJ pilot in one of the reviews Aerosoft posted on this forum. It's displaying the vertical speeds to reach the calculated descent path rather than to meet the altitude restrictions that are entered on LEGS.
  • The VNAV display on the MFD often gets stuck, making it unhelpful to see the time until TOD

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hmmm, I think what you meant to say is that the Asobo weather radar position is directly responsible for the rise in gas prices and general inflation.  Did I read that correctly? :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Fixed re-arranged VNAV window positioning

Does that mean it will finally include the required descent rate or has it just been moved a bit?

Good also to finally have some form of communication about the update, but it does not seem like some of the major and/or long standing open issues are being tackled. But very cautiously optimistic. Maybe even the V-speeds up to 10.000ft will be included as promised. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because they do not need to be handled via the Marketplace. During P3D times Aerosoft products got very frequently so called hotfixes. This is not possible via the marketplace.

• Upvote 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb mopperle:

Because they do not need to be handled via the Marketplace. During P3D times Aerosoft products got very frequently so called hotfixes. This is not possible via the marketplace.

Not sure I understand what a lack of updates has to do with the marketplace? I mean does the marketplace hinder you to submit weekly updates? Cannot imagine that tbo. But well…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, LH4371 said:

Not sure I understand what a lack of updates has to do with the marketplace? I mean does the marketplace hinder you to submit weekly updates? Cannot imagine that tbo. But well…

It takes Microsoft somewhere between next Tuesday and the Rapture to flow things through to the Marketplace, so it's almost certainly not worth the red tape and hassle for piecemeal updates.  It's why I avoid it like the plague.

I've also gotten the impression that Digital Aviation is a one-Hans band, and he's probably got his hands full at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Hi Mathjis,

Are you able to share if there will also be any updates to models and animations in addition to system updates? E.g speed brake deployment, APU heat blur, flap speed?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Tbo said:

Free projects (A32NX) gets more update than paid one... Always wondered why.

Well let's see.

1. The only "frequent" updates are to the developer and experimental versions.  Neither version comes with support as they expressly state. So this means that you are flying something that in many cases is not even close to beta.

2. You are being used as the guinea pig for their testing program.  AS and other publishers/developers spend their own money/time on testing up to and including beta.

3. **MOST IMPORTANT**Have you noticed that these "free projects" are not on the market and if they were they are not any longer?  Did you ever wonder why that is when you are wondering why?  Simple, as previously pointed out it takes Asobo/Microsoft eons to push updates through the platform.  The CRJ is on the market (DON'T BUY IT FROM THERE!!!!)  and AS cannot release an update to the smart consumers who bought it directly or outside the in-sim market until it is available for the market people.  Since it takes forever to get a simple fix through the market, it makes zero sense for them to try and release fixes a little at a time.  

In the words of the immortal Paul Harvey, "Now you know....the rest of the story" and you need not wonder any more. 

*The use of upper case letters by no means conveys a curmudgeonly state of mind, nr does it reflect on the users forum handle.  Crabby's forum handle is a shortened version of his real name, a nickname formed on the playground of elementary school and forged in the fire of several Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeants.  It is meant for EMPHASIS only.  Take offense if you will but none is given*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Crabby said:

AS cannot release an update to the smart consumers who bought it directly or outside the in-sim market until it is available for the market people.

I had forgotten this.  I remember this floating around when the CRJ first released, but I thought when it resurfaced during the Twin Otter release Mathijs pooh-poohed it as false.

Please consider fixing the bug which prevents the autopilot knobs rotating when triggered via LVAR. This is a regression introduced by the previous update. As such should be an easy fix, and a lot of immersion improvement.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Joe Markowski:

It takes Microsoft somewhere between next Tuesday and the Rapture to flow things through to the Marketplace, so it's almost certainly not worth the red tape and hassle for piecemeal updates.  It's why I avoid it like the plague.

I've also gotten the impression that Digital Aviation is a one-Hans band, and he's probably got his hands full at the moment.

Both points understood but I still rather see a „developer focus“ hindering more frequent updates than the marketplace as such.  Just my 2 cents. Add Crabby‘s disclaimer here in case someone feels offended. EDIT which seems to be the case since I got downvoted above as I just realized. This anonymous denunciation always bothered me here - and this comment alone will easily get me more downvotes 😉 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, LH4371 said:

Both points understood but I still rather see a „developer focus“ hindering more frequent updates than the marketplace as such.

You and everybody else, but it's a Microsoft issue to fix, nothing Aerosoft can do about it, especially if as Crabby reminded us they're beholden to keep parity between their own version and the Marketplace one.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Tbo:

Free projects (A32NX) gets more update than paid one... Always wondered why.

And also because they are working on adding and fixing issues as they go. So instead of saying...here you go with the full set of features, they add features bit by bit ;) . (They only currently added VNAV as an example of that....).

And it is also because (as the loading text says) over hunderd of community members actually provide code for it.

• Upvote 3