Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Mathijs, I don't know if its even possible in FSX, but it would be really cool if the landing and strobe lights actually illuminated the clouds! Like when you fly through a stratus, and you see the clouds light up around you :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please Aerosoft, make an A330 after that.... now that the coding of the system is done, i guess that would be lot easier... we miss an A330 so much in FSX :bow_down2_s:

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, I don't know if its even possible in FSX, but it would be really cool if the landing and strobe lights actually illuminated the clouds! Like when you fly through a stratus, and you see the clouds light up around you :)

I do not think that is possible.

• It's not that things are not finished, but rather that we'll keep on expanding.
  • We do have some differences in the engine modeling, but keep in mind that they are hidden behind the FADEC and a pilot would simply never know what engine was installed from it's performance.
  • FPA is triggered with the FPA/TRK button.
  • I know that there a few side sticks in development, we hope to have news on that soon.

Hi Mathjis,

That is not entirely correct. "pilot would simply never know what engine was installed from it's performance." - it is actually easy to tell which engine. Especially in a single engine config. The 212 will hardly climb while the 214 shoots up. There is also small differences in the V2500 engine. Namely the A1 drinks oil.

Different engines depending on MTOM also.

Kind Regards,

Martin Dahlerup

A320 F/O

I thought, lets make an Airbus X Extended Finnair ferry flight from Dusseldorf to Helsinki-Vantaa. You can see all these screenshots at Aerosoft Sim News Facebook web page.

And see some - only three - below .... (in total > 50+ screenshots)

Nice shots. However, I hope the paintkit will let us remove the dirt so we can also produce some cleaner liveries.

Guest AlitaliaAirbus
lol, but seriously think to get H100 instead H80.

And..... I really loved to offer to my pilots Airbus X Extended for Xmas. Of course, VA agreement!!!! SURE!!!!!!!!!!!

King Regards

Luiz Machado

TAM Virtual (www.tamvirtual.com.br - 8 y of IVAO/VATSIM)

BR-FOC (br-foc@ivao.aero)

H80 e H100, are basically the same as performance, only, perhaps some degree ... and then, I do not know even where to put it! However, the 'H80 I already bought it, and I am fine ....

As for the server, peace!

Nobody dies if all do not we download in the first 30 minutes ... wait, we waited 3 years, we can wait one day or two.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Just a question. Will the Airbus X Extended simulate a realistic engine start?

I see on pics that on the E/WD idle is around 25% of N1 which in reality is around 18-20%.

This has been discussed a few times. The 25% is realistic, think 27% was max. It depends on PAC, generator load etc. We only start the engines a bit faster then should be, we did not think that was a big issue.

Nice pictures Angelique!

I don't want to be nitpicking, but there are a few things not correct. For example, on the screenshots the selected altitude on the FCU shows FL on the PFD whilst in QNH setting, this must be 9000 instead of FL090. Then, you wouldn't see the ISA column on the SD in QNH, this will only be shown in Standard ( STD ) Altimeter setting. Hope that makes sense. Good work!

Regards,

Patrick

Nice pictures Angelique!

I don't want to be nitpicking, but there are a few things not correct. For example, on the screenshots the selected altitude on the FCU shows FL on the PFD whilst in QNH setting, this must be 9000 instead of FL090. Then, you wouldn't see the ISA column on the SD in QNH, this will only be shown in Standard ( STD ) Altimeter setting. Hope that makes sense. Good work!

But most probably he set the transition altitude to 5000ft(e.g. Germany) so above 5000ft it is FL and shown as FL on the PFD. ;)

I thought, lets make an Airbus X Extended Finnair ferry flight from Dusseldorf to Helsinki-Vantaa. You can see all these screenshots at Aerosoft Sim News Facebook web page.

And see some - only three - below .... (in total > 50+ screenshots)

Shots are amazing.

But I have one question: why lines on ND are not curved?

But most probably he set the transition altitude to 5000ft(e.g. Germany) so above 5000ft it is FL and shown as FL on the PFD. ;)

Thats not the case, to have a reference I asked FCOM and that says "The PFD target altitude depends on the barometer setting:

If “STD” is selected, the target is a flight level

If “QNH” or “QFE” is selected, the target is an altitude or height.

".

Regards,

Patrick

• Aerosoft

Shots are amazing.

But I have one question: why lines on ND are not curved?

They are, but when you zoom out that is no longer visible. Also take note that only the next turn is shown as a curve, the computers in a Airbus are not the fastest!

• Aerosoft

Mr. Kok what keeps us now still depend on a release of the bus?

Testing. We got to make sure all the systems work on all versions of Windows (XP/Vista/7/8, 32 bit/64 bit, diverse languages) and all versions of FSX (SP2, Gold, Accell, diverse languages), P3D. The we got to test the installer on all those combinations. It takes hours to see if the aircraft just loads on all those combinations.

Guest AlitaliaAirbus

Ok, so if you are having so many problems we should speak of weeks if not days right?

While it works on win prepar3d + 8?

While AES prepar3d, still nothing?

Archived