Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Testing. We got to make sure all the systems work on all versions of Windows (XP/Vista/7/8, 32 bit/64 bit, diverse languages) and all versions of FSX (SP2, Gold, Accell, diverse languages), P3D. The we got to test the installer on all those combinations. It takes hours to see if the aircraft just loads on all those combinations.

ahhh okay I understand thank you for the quick reply!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to say that your work is amazing and please take your time! I fully trust your work and i know that the delyas are for good reasons. Merci beacoup pout tout votre travail!!!

• Aerosoft

Ok, so if you are having so many problems we should speak of weeks if not days right?

While it works on win prepar3d + 8?

While AES prepar3d, still nothing?

What problems are you talking about? I don't think I have mentioned any problems, only that it takes ages these days to do all the test as we got several OS's and FSX versions. Prepar3D on Win8 is no problem. And AES of course not related.

• Aerosoft

I have Vista, But PMDG 737, wilco, Captain sim, QualityWings, etc And Fsx work perfectly... will I have a problem with airbus X extended? :confused_s:

Well it will probably work, but Vista has memory issues and is by far the least suitable OS for any serious simulator. I know for a fact that PMDG advises strongly against it. We are less strong in that, but you are running two versions of Windows behind and you should really consider upgrading to something more modern, if only because support will stop soon.

• Aerosoft

What kind of teaching or training system will come with the airplane? Dont know nothing about Airbus aircrafts. My last try with an Airbus aircraft was the old company Pheonix Simulations. Would love to see AOA do a program, but not very happy with the approach they took on PMDG 737...

Adib, as I had to wait for some new files I spend a bit of time today on making some text and graphics that will help you get flying. It's important for us to make this complex aircraft usable for as many people as possible. Let me attach one I made. There are a lot of comments to make about the data in the image, but if you fly the bus like this you are doing fine.

post-43-0-70014300-1355418360_thumb.jpg

Miquel, with idle thrust at higher atlitudes you could see descent rates like that.

The exact figures depend on weight, speed, wind, etc.

Uff, I have done 6 trips in the flightdeck (4 Airbus ,2 A330 and 2 A320 ; and 2 Boeings, 737-800W) , and there are some periods where 2500-2800 ft/min happen, but the usual was 1800-2000 ft/min. Obviously i am not experienced at all, but is something i always look in the PFD...The steepest thing i have seen was with an A330 , approaching Barajas, because the captain wanted another runway to land (near company´s terminal). At 6000ft, the request was accepted, and for entering in the pattern the cpt. pushed 320 kts and 3500 ft , Open descent, the angle was about 5,5 degrees down. That ´s really steep, seen from flightdeck. Wonderful. i have a bad video from that day in youtube , but only the landing. Very bad quality, though. I f you want to look for , search: landing A-330 LEMD.

Anyway, good job; looking forward ansiouxly the release. HD and CC ready.

Best.

Miquel.

Well it will probably work, but Vista has memory issues and is by far the least suitable OS for any serious simulator. I know for a fact that PMDG advises strongly against it. We are less strong in that, but you are running two versions of Windows behind and you should really consider upgrading to something more modern, if only because support will stop soon.

ok thank you, i will buy the Airbus X extended, and will say you how is it with Vista... :big_boss_s: If it doesn't work i will ask for christmas another computer (or OS) :D

Does French download version will released for christmas too?

Super Airbus they have since developed. :excellenttext_s:

I have a question.

What about the function of the clock in the navigation display.

It works now in the Airbus X Extended.

Because in the screenshots the clock can not be seen.

Best Regards

Torsten

Guest AlitaliaAirbus

Nothing problem, sorry...

Only one information, when AES work oon prepar3d... is offtopic, but...?

Sorry for two topic, my error!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Uff, I have done 6 trips in the flightdeck (4 Airbus ,2 A330 and 2 A320 ; and 2 Boeings, 737-800W) , and there are some periods where 2500-2800 ft/min happen, but the usual was 1800-2000 ft/min.

Jaap, please tell us how many trips YOU made on the flightdeck, lol!

I am not one to made demands and argue. I only have a simple question for the development time. I am not going to be angry or abusive if you do not answer it.

Is Extended due out this side of the new year?

Thank you and keep up the awesome work!

James

Jaap, please tell us how many trips YOU made on the flightdeck, lol!

looooooooooooooool

I am not one to made demands and argue. I only have a simple question for the development time. I am not going to be angry or abusive if you do not answer it.

Is Extended due out this side of the new year?

Thank you and keep up the awesome work!

James

oh come on, read the topic...this year definatly

Be careful for what you're saying! :D

This year, definately sounds extremely promising... But I guess with the 'usual' precautions?

You know - nuclear war, comet strike, civil unrest, natural disaster etc... (kinda read the back of an insurance policy, LOL) :D

Be careful for what you're saying! :D

This year, definately sounds extremely promising... But I guess with the 'usual' precautions?

You know - nuclear war, comet strike, civil unrest, natural disaster etc... (kinda read the back of an insurance policy, LOL) :D

yeah, sure. But I'm just repeating what Mathijs said. In the end the usual "It'll be released when it's ready" applies of cause ;)

Archived