Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Close to release... Guys, this made my day. I know that not means today, or tomorrow, but maybe next week... Now I can be happy in class hahaha

Seriously, I have tested this morning the FBW Joshua's developed for the Airbus X. Is this one is just outstanding, cannot imagine what have you done for the Extended!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, in all the millions of hours the A320 family has been flown that button has only been used one time. We feel it is not an important thing. Besides, we hardly bothered with emergencies in this project.

Nope especially in this season it is used almost every Leg when deicing ;)

Since the delays how much more have you got into the Extended than you thought was possible when it was first up for release?

Is it sort of "it comes with SP1" built in? in some ways!

Since the delays how much more have you got into the Extended than you thought was possible when it was first up for release?

Hi Nyxx,

Here is a list of the Airbux X Extended Features..

http://forum.aerosof...57072-features/

Obviously ignore the release date that is stated on that link!

• Aerosoft

Most certainly. I'm not willing to give a list but there were at least 20 things we wanted to do after release that are now in.

Keep in mind that we are now expanding to the A318/319 and that next to the modeling that will be done for that we'll keep the people on the system side working on it as well. We will not change our focus on the actual flying of the aircraft rather then the systems of the aircraft that are normally not used, but we have a lot of ideas how to make these better. And of course there are bug that need to be sorted out. A product like this is never finished, you just decide at a certain moment that the issues you know about are not nasty enough to prevent release.

As we always do we also like to get feedback from actual users to see what they like to see added. We got a lot of resources but it is not unlimited and choices always have to be made.

• Aerosoft

Hi Nyxx,

Here is a list of the Airbux X Extended Features..

http://forum.aerosof...57072-features/

Obviously ignore the release date that is stated on that link!

No I changed that just now to December (no year though).

Most certainly. I'm not willing to give a list but there were at least 20 things we wanted to do after release that are now in.

Keep in mind that we are now expanding to the A318/319 and that next to the modeling that will be done for that we'll keep the people on the system side working on it as well. We will not change our focus on the actual flying of the aircraft rather then the systems of the aircraft that are normally not used, but we have a lot of ideas how to make these better. And of course there are bug that need to be sorted out. A product like this is never finished, you just decide at a certain moment that the issues you know about are not nasty enough to prevent release.

As we always do we also like to get feedback from actual users to see what they like to see added. We got a lot of resources but it is not unlimited and choices always have to be made.

Did i hear A318/A319 :D

Sounds great, i hope you will get the Extended out before christmas so you can continue your work with the next models

• Aerosoft

Did i hear A318/A319 :D

Sounds great, i hope you will get the Extended out before christmas so you can continue your work with the next models

Yes, but for now that is intended as a separate release, not as a service pack on this one. A bit like how the Airbus X EXTENDED relates to the Airbus X. But things can change and let's not discuss things beyond halfway next week.

They like the project a lot and have flown more in our version then in the real aircraft in the last few months, lol. But to compare a $40 sim with a $30 addon to a real aircraft is of course pretty hard. They have tested all the functions we put in and they all work as they should. I believe that is the best you can ask for.

No i understand, I just mean like the NGX is so complex for the 737 so like the same for the A320 i know it will be an amazing bird, cant wait to fly it :D

Have you made the Extended's code modular-enough, so that you can reuse large portions of it in the 318/9?

If so, it will cut your development time and cost down a lot. Most systems would likely be identical, but with just different values in some variables and constants (for example, engine derating, weights, fuel consumption etc.).

Also, any improvements you make will be easily added to future SPs for the Extended A320/21.

PS: I assume, even the two models will be almost the same. Cockpits are supposed to be identical, and as for the exterior, apart from some minor changes to the wings, there are only some cylindrical portions of the fuselage that are missing, and relocated emergency exits.

• Aerosoft

Have you made the Extended's code modular-enough, so that you can reuse large portions of it in the 318/9?

If so, it will cut your development time and cost down a lot. Most systems would likely be identical, but with just different values in some variables and constants (for example, engine derating, weights, fuel consumption etc.).

Also, any improvements you make will be easily added to future SPs for the Extended A320/21.

PS: I assume, even the two models will be almost the same. Cockpits are supposed to be identical, and as for the exterior, apart from some minor changes to the wings, there are only some cylindrical portions of the fuselage that are missing, and relocated emergency exits.

Oh yeah. the plan is that we simply keep on adding to the options we have now and merge them into the 318/319 models. As you say they are very similar to the 320/321. We now have kick-ass product (certainly for the money we'll ask) but it will continue to grow as we see what customers wants.

• Aerosoft

Some images done during a flight done just now. It shows how much time we spend on making the pit look good at different light levels. In the previous one some people complained about low contrast, now it's a lot better.

post-43-0-30680700-1355330324_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-33880900-1355330344_thumb.jpg

Hi Mathijs,

first is you say real world A320 pilots are testing, how do they say it compares to the real bird?

Hello ezmckee, I'm currently flying the A320/21 and I need to say that you will be surprise (!) with the quality of this release from Aerosoft. FBW protections are amazing and the aircraft is very very similar compared to the real one. Mathijs and the other dudes know that I look for perfectionism, I think I'm little bit annoying sometimes hahaha...

bye

• Aerosoft

Hello ezmckee, I'm currently flying the A320/21 and I need to say that you will be surprise (!) with the quality of this release from Aerosoft. FBW protections are amazing and the aircraft is very very similar compared to the real one. Mathijs and the other dudes know that I look for perfectionism, I think I'm little bit annoying sometimes hahaha...

bye

He has indeed dug up his amount of bugs, hahaha...

Archived