Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be two sound sets, both new/reworked

Awesome news. Wasn't too sure about the initial decision to do onlyon sound set for both 4 and 3 blade variants. I'm glad now that there's gonna be 2. A little bit of input from experience, the current Twotter has fairly good interior sounds (minus the RPM sounds connected to the throttle). Personally, I've tweaked that so I only get RPM sound increase and decrease with the RPM levers so I've got it closer to the real thing. Anyway my point is please focus a bit on the exterior sounds too. The very VERY high pitch RPM of the 4 blader at T/O power is very awesome! The 3 blader has what we like to call a "high pitched moan". Very distinctive of 3 bladed PT6A 27s and 34s and 135s. Capturing these sounds in HD is awesome. I've got some capture from up close run ups etc but I'll be a goat if I know how to build soundset. :-)

Cheers.

I'm so desperate for this Twotter Extended that I reloaded the OLD Twotter, and I'm flying it around....I'm dying for this new Twin Otter!

Kent

In a couple of weeks I will be flying in a Ken Borek Air Limited Twin Otter out of Iqaluit, Baffin Island, Nunavut into the the Soper River and landing on a gravel strip near Mount Joy. From there I will guide a canoe trip down river to Kimmirut and a Twin Otter flight back to Iqaluit. I look forward to flying the Extended Twin Otter soon after arriving back home in Ottawa! It sure is looking like a great addition to my fleet.

We just got the aircraft back from the fitters with the new deluxe cabin. It will still be cramped and VERY noisy but that's the aircraft fault, not ours!

Daaaaaaamn, Mathijs!! You guys are simply incroyable! Now....... now I'm just plain impatient! That's hands down one of the greatest flightsim birds to be ever produced, not to mention one of the most anticipated! I want......real soon too.... :-)

Cheers.

We just got the aircraft back from the fitters with the new deluxe cabin. It will still be cramped and VERY noisy but that's the aircraft fault, not ours!

DAME nice job that the refitters did on this baby??

Regards's you friendly Beta tester Keith

Straight up awesomeness ! I've got 2 small question:

A) HAs the keys for the passengers door and cargo door been assigned seperatly like many others and I was asking ?

If not, it's ok, the aircraft would still be wonderful.

B) Do you guys have a estimated amout of time to wait before the release like for exemple two weeks tops or something like that ?

A) HAs the keys for the passengers door and cargo door been assigned seperatly like many others and I was asking ?

B) Do you guys have a estimated amout of time to wait before the release like for exemple two weeks tops or something like that ?

Still a little more testing to do, Then we will have it released to the public! I know this is the most anticipated release from Aerosoft but worth the wait!

Regards, Keith

Still a little more testing to do, Then we will have it released to the public! I know this is the most anticipated release from Aerosoft but worth the wait!

Regards, Keith

thanks for answering question B, that was by far the most important one to answer but what about question A ? Do you have any ideas ?

Blackbird,

I think I asked that question in this thread a bunch of pages back-- the info I got (from Mathjis or Finn,I forget which) was that the airstair and cabin cargo door (next to the airstair) would be separately actuated...in fact, a few pages ago, in one of the movies, you can see the page in the checklist that actuates the various doors (see Finn's most recent posted video, at 3:02 into the video). I agree-- we need to have the airstair be able to cycle without the adjacent cargo door (since that is how 99.99% of aircraft with the airstairs function)-- and still have the capability to be able to open/close the adjacent cargo door if needed.

Does that help?

Kent

Blackbird,

I think I asked that question in this thread a bunch of pages back-- the info I got (from Mathjis or Finn,I forget which) was that the airstair and cabin cargo door (next to the airstair) would be separately actuated...in fact, a few pages ago, in one of the movies, you can see the page in the checklist that actuates the various doors (see Finn's most recent posted video, at 3:02 into the video). I agree-- we need to have the airstair be able to cycle without the adjacent cargo door (since that is how 99.99% of aircraft with the airstairs function)-- and still have the capability to be able to open/close the adjacent cargo door if needed.

Does that help?

Kent

Oh I should say so... Awesome reply. Good to know, thanks.

Cheers.

Blackbird,

Does that help?

Kent

Thanks for the reply man ^^ ! Good to know

thanks for answering question B, that was by far the most important one to answer but what about question A ? Do you have any ideas ?

Your welcome and i will ask Finn about both passenger doors opening. It should just be the Pax door not the pax and cargo door.

Keith

Regards, Keith

Easy for you to say Keith, you already are flying it. Lol. Regards from Manitoba.

Hey KentV. And i am loving it. I have around 150 hours logged in the otter know. Most of if not all of my flights are logged in the otter, As i have my own V.A now Kenn Borek Virtual

Regards Keith

I´m not 100% sure what You mean, but these doors can be opened independentyl:

-Captains door

-FO door

-Passenger door

-Service door

-Rear cargo door

-Front cargo door

The last 4 mentioned doors can be opened with Sh+E+"1-4", while the pilot doors can be opened by clicking on the handles from the VC.

Additionally all doors can be opened from the checklist gauge / configuration page, since Sh+E+"1-4" is adwark to get working for many (FSX issue).

Finn

Finn,

What he means is the door that is next to the airstair on the passenger version. He wants to be able to open that door when the airstair is open. I on the other hand want to make sure the airstair can be opened by itself (without opening the adjacent door), if desired.

Does that help?

Kent

I´m not 100% sure what You mean, but these doors can be opened independentyl:

-Captains door

-FO door

-Passenger door

-Service door

-Rear cargo door

-Front cargo door

The last 4 mentioned doors can be opened with Sh+E+"1-4", while the pilot doors can be opened by clicking on the handles from the VC.

Additionally all doors can be opened from the checklist gauge / configuration page, since Sh+E+"1-4" is adwark to get working for many (FSX issue).

Finn

Thank you Finn for taking your time to answer me ! Much appreciated.. Just waiting on the release date know ! Shouldn't be to far out I think, My credit card is screaming to be used for this product !

Archived