Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

Hi,

the release will be devided into two parts: First you will get the wheel only -300 versions which will be released next week.

In the second part you will get the other amphibian version of the Twotter as a free update if you pruchased the Twin Otter Extended already.

The sense behind that is that we got the wheel version of the Twin Otter ready in the office and we do not want to hold a finished model back while creating the others.

Thank you Emi , Roger that!

Very excited for the pending release of Part 1

DC

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Please read a few pages back, there was a whole discusstion about this.

In the end the results were as follows: Reality XP is not supporting Aerosoft in any way in order to properly implement their GPS and they will also not offer any product support regarding their GPS lateron, so it is not possible for Aerosoft to implement the RXP GPS.

This is the post where Finn explains this:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/52170-twin-otter-extended-preview-fsxp3d/page-20?p=457875#entry457875

When reading the manual I noticed that the fuel planner uses the NavDataPro database. Will your GPS be able to utilize this database for flight planning purposes? If this has already been asked/answered, sorry.

Mike Cameron

No sorry, this is the default FSX GPS which only has the FSX database.

It has only been modified to include the COM radios.

No sorry, this is the default FSX GPS which only has the FSX database.

It has only been modified to include the COM radios.

The NavDataPro database is also used by the Fuel Planner.

You can...

And relative easy, but then the propeller won´t spin in multiplayer and those who plan to use it in that would be pissed.

With FSX it´s always about give and take....

Now we have a situation that is wrong for maybe 10 seconds, with no spinning prop we would have a situation that would be wrong the entire flight - what would You choose ?

Finn

As someone who never flies multiplayer I know what I'd choose! But as an understanding consumer, I can live with it now that I have been properly informed. Thanks for the explanation!

As someone who never flies multiplayer I know what I'd choose! But as an understanding consumer, I can live with it now that I have been properly informed. Thanks for the explanation!

Must say I agree with Grant here ! I choose not to play in multiplayer as always cuz I don't really feel like it and all but for the sake of the rest of the consumers, I guess I could just cope with it.

So true guys, there are a lot of us out here that do use multiplayer and it would be a real bummer to have props stopped 100% of the time in flight.

Thanks for your decision to have them working properly the biggest % of the flight.

Jerry

Hi Guys,

WOW!! Its truly amazing the work that has gone into this fantastic project and the interest it has created. Thank you Aerosoft for redoing the "Twotta".

I have just one question..... Will there be or will one of the fantastic painters out there do a "P2" rego for this aircraft please?

The Twin Otter is a amazing aircraft to fly around Papua New Guinea and this new version would be amazing to do just that!

Thank you and eagerly awaiting.

Tim...

• Aerosoft

Hi Guys,

WOW!! Its truly amazing the work that has gone into this fantastic project and the interest it has created. Thank you Aerosoft for redoing the "Twotta".

I have just one question..... Will there be or will one of the fantastic painters out there do a "P2" rego for this aircraft please?

The Twin Otter is a amazing aircraft to fly around Papua New Guinea and this new version would be amazing to do just that!

Thank you and eagerly awaiting.

Tim...

Pretty sure those liveries will be done.

hello team i have only two repaint request no.1 i have posted before and no.2 is nepal airlines and sure i will wait for repaint to be done take your time as you guys can :mallet_s:

Hello siddhant, as per earliar post I guess holgi is working on Nepal Airlines but I am not sure whether it will be availble as a base package of twin otter or may be it will be availble in Repaint sections in future.

Must say I agree with Grant here ! I choose not to play in multiplayer as always cuz I don't really feel like it and all but for the sake of the rest of the consumers, I guess I could just cope with it.

Thank you. I'm still sad that we can't use the Katana 4X in multiplayer, because she causes heavy lags and connection losses.

One way to get around it would be to have two models (just like Lotussim did with the L-39), though. One with proper animation for single-player and one with a simplified animation for multiplayer. Those who never use multiplayer could then simply delete the MP variation.

Thank you. I'm still sad that we can't use the Katana 4X in multiplayer, because she causes heavy lags and connection losses.

One way to get around it would be to have two models (just like Lotussim did with the L-39), though. One with proper animation for single-player and one with a simplified animation for multiplayer. Those who never use multiplayer could then simply delete the MP variation.

The cause for lagging and connection losses are probably due to package flooding.

This happens if Your code keep sending the same event constsntly, like "Landing light On" or "Gear Down".

On the Twin Otter (after having learned my lessons on the Bronco, which also has been fixed) I have put high emhasis on preventing this. The sideeffect is lao better framerates, especially during multiplayer sessions.

The problem with custom animations, which would be necessary for a better prop animation, is that only some kind of Variables are shared in a multiplayer session, which means that a special var for propeller RPM would not be shared.

Though it hasn´t been tested, the Twin Otter should be compatible with the shared cockpit feature of FSX.

Finn

Downloading now! Thank you thank you thank you! Very slow download, must be a s......d of people jumping on this fantastic bird. Aerosoft, you keep getting me in trouble with my wife: "so this is the last one?" "yeah yeah, for quite a while" She heard that before...

Edit: for some reason it makes me proud to be Canadian.

I'm going to wait till Friday, when my credit card bill is due. :D

p.s.: thank you for the generous discount for existing Twotter owners.

• Aerosoft

Downloading now! Thank you thank you thank you! Very slow download, must be a s......d of people jumping on this fantastic bird. Aerosoft, you keep getting me in trouble with my wife: "so this is the last one?" "yeah yeah, for quite a while" She heard that before...

Edit: for some reason it makes me proud to be Canadian.

Indeed the servers are a bit slow under the load, but more downloads will be added tomorrow.

About your wife, does she not have a hobby that costs money? Let me assure you, MY wife spends more in shoes then I on games.

Archived