Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

My apologies if this was already asked. Any possibility that a Vistaliner version gets released in an update? You know, for those scenic Grand Canyon tours. ; ) No big deal if not, just thought I would ask. The aircraft looks incredible, by the way.

Todd

The Vistaliner will not be done.

Finn

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

To bridge the waiting time some images out of the paint shop:

Flybe / Loganair (exterior and interior repaint):

Did some more adjustments to the exterior and completely reworked the interior.

The interior is a mix between both Twin Otters operating for Flybe / Loganair

Hope you like it :)

Excellent paint job, Daniel!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I guess I'll add a few more FlyBe images. Kudos to Daniel. More images can be viewed here.

9230982464_f05c3d61e5_h.jpg

9230983830_7892a40da0_h.jpg

9230986092_8490aad653_h.jpg

9230985194_b27b4e0f49_h.jpg

A few more final checks before we get her to the gate for boarding!!!

Though Mathijs said No - at least the sounds work for them.

For the rest I suggest using Your mother or wifes hairdryer - could add some Carribian immersion.

Finn

Lol, I was Already thinking of taking my home fan into the cockpit ! And thanks for answering :D !

What about the sound, we will get new sound with this downloaded version or have to wait till september for the final version.

This new version comes with a new soundset that will be reworked by the way for a second new soundset release I think.. In other words, yes there will be a new soundset in this version !

What about the sound, we will get new sound with this downloaded version or have to wait till september for the final version.

The sounds for the release version are enhanced versions of the old sounds with much more depth and stereo effect.

For the september update - or stage 2, a totally new soundset will be included.

Finn

• Aerosoft

The sounds for the release version are enhanced versions of the old sounds with much more depth and stereo effect.

For the september update - or stage 2, a totally new soundset will be included.

Finn

The one we got now is really very nice, I think you will like it.

You said that the release is programmed for this week, do you have a specific date or do you guys want to surprise us ? :D

Ps: Great news about the soundset Mathijs, is it possible to know with whom you've worked with to get it done ?

• Aerosoft

You said that the release is programmed for this week, do you have a specific date or do you guys want to surprise us ? :D

Ps: Great news about the soundset Mathijs, is it possible to know with whom you've worked with to get it done ?

Mid week.

Military Sound Studios. Very nice guy who understands that a sound set should be what people expect it to be.

The second sound set will be from Sonic Solutions.

Will repaints of the original Twin Otter fit on the fuselage of this extended version? Thanks in advance...

Marco

Most probably not.

Totally new model and textureset.

Finn

Will repaints of the original Twin Otter fit on the fuselage of this extended version? Thanks in advance...

Marco

I tryed them for the heck of it. And they for sure will not work.

Regards Keith

Can't wait. In the last years, I stopped day1 purchases and waited a few weeks/months. I didn't do so with the AN-2 and I won't with the Twin Otter, it looks so pretty!

Will get this product when it's out :D

@Daniel: breathtaking textures! Did you put the DHC-6 Safety Card and a West Highlands brochure into the cases? Looking awesome!

To the Aerosoft Otter Team

After going back and reading the form The list of models is long and covers most models... one question that I seem to get lost on is the inclusion of an Amphibian version... or (Floats with retrackable wheels) I have seen the discription used "Floats and Floater" Please can you define?

Also just a note to the Development Team, beta and painters whom as you read the threads all are just as in to this aircraft as the consumers... that is so great to see, taking everyones comments, requests, and questions (mine too) and attempting to answer and or solve the issue to the best of FSX and the limits of the release itself...Well Done Team, I sure thank you all for your hard work

Congrats on what will be another one of Aerosoft great one

I thank you agian... in line waiting for release

For sure!

The complete interior is overhauled ;)

All custom, all special, as real as it get's

Greetings, Daniel

Nice to hear Daniel ! What about the Air Antilles Express texture ?

After going back and reading the form The list of models is long and covers most models... one question that I seem to get lost on is the inclusion of an Amphibian version... or (Floats with retrackable wheels) I have seen the discription used "Floats and Floater" Please can you define?

Hi,

the release will be devided into two parts: First you will get the wheel only -300 versions which will be released next week.

In the second part you will get the other amphibian version of the Twotter as a free update if you pruchased the Twin Otter Extended already.

The sense behind that is that we got the wheel version of the Twin Otter ready in the office and we do not want to hold a finished model back while creating the others.

Archived