Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

Hey, a question mostly general but since i'm mostly preparing for this prop plane and sometimes am doing it wrong for some other type of planes.. I was wondering, when you want to turn left using the throttle controls, how do you do it ? and same for if you wanted to turn right..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys have the manual ready I'd love to start read it and prepare myself for the big release day.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, a question mostly general but since i'm mostly preparing for this prop plane and sometimes am doing it wrong for some other type of planes.. I was wondering, when you want to turn left using the throttle controls, how do you do it ? and same for if you wanted to turn right..

Very easy. Pull back on the right throttle push left throttle a head full and you will turn full ''left''. its opposite to turn ''right'' this only work's on the float version and the amphibian with wheels. When the twotter is on wheel you can turn the with rudder pedals

Hope this helps

Regards Keith

Keith, that yellow seems to be a bit off:

Actually Mathijs, that is one of the paints that I have been working on at Keith's request. I have found it's a real pain to get an accurate sample of that yellow. Depending on which photos you look at it can be darker, lighter or faded. Same as they orange strip it difficult to get that day glow orange colour on the computer. I choose what I thought was a decent representation based on several photos. If you have an RGB suggestion for a more accurate colour it would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Panel Selector added yesterday something simple to help you navigate around the cockpit with out having to use expensive hardware or software.

it sure is a joy to test this aircraft

Regards Keith

post-60164-0-60483500-1371511543_thumb.j

post-60164-0-56128900-1371511555_thumb.j

Very easy. Pull back on the right throttle push left throttle a head full and you will turn full ''left''. its opposite to turn ''right'' this only work's on the float version and the amphibian with wheels. When the twotter is on wheel you can turn the with rudder pedals

Hope this helps

Regards Keith

I know about the rudder, but for exemple in st-barth, when the pilot turns to go taxi to the runway, he uses rudder and throttle control to turn...

I know about the rudder, but for exemple in st-barth, when the pilot turns to go taxi to the runway, he uses rudder and throttle control to turn...

Yes a bit of throttle and mostly rudder pedals. Sorry this only applys to the float version

Hey bro. The bird is actually steered on the ground by the tiller lever behind the yoke on the captain's side by way of hydraulics. Believe me, if were not for the hydraulics, it would be almost impossible to maneuver that thing around. Using the pedals in coordination with the throttles and tiller gives you the best turn performance in a tight situation. For example, to turn right out of a parking spot if you're too close behind another aircraft on a small ramp, advance the left throttle with the right one in beta or "disc-ing", lock your right main landing gear with the right brake on the right rudder pedal and move the tiller all the way over to the right as indicative of a right turn. This creates a "pivot" effect where the aircraft pivots on the right main, basically turning on a dime, so to speak. This makes tight maneuvering a cinch. Hope this helps.

Blessings.

Hey bro. The bird is actually steered on the ground by the tiller lever behind the yoke on the captain's side by way of hydraulics. Believe me, if were not for the hydraulics, it would be almost impossible to maneuver that thing around. Using the pedals in coordination with the throttles and tiller gives you the best turn performance in a tight situation. For example, to turn right out of a parking spot if you're too close behind another aircraft on a small ramp, advance the left throttle with the right one in beta or "disc-ing", lock your right main landing gear with the right brake on the right rudder pedal and move the tiller all the way over to the right as indicative of a right turn. This creates a "pivot" effect where the aircraft pivots on the right main, basically turning on a dime, so to speak. This makes tight maneuvering a cinch. Hope this helps.

Blessings.

Thanks bro, lov it when you answer so clearly ;) ! By the way, have some st-maarten beach pics to share to you and to holgi ! ^^

There appears to be a typo on the first page of the in-game check list. The text that is turned 90 degrees clockwise in the upper left reads 'DGC-6' rather than 'DHC-6'. Not trying to be picky, only helpful :)

There appears to be a typo on the first page of the in-game check list. The text that is turned 90 degrees clockwise in the upper left reads 'DGC-6' rather than 'DHC-6'. Not trying to be picky, only helpful :)

It also says TIWN instead of 'TWIN' OTTER on the same line.

Well blame the guy who typed that in 1992! We got a few of these handmade checklist and they all contain errors like that so I tried to mimic that.

As real as it gets! Can't complain about that!!! :D

Well blame the guy who typed that in 1992! We got a few of these handmade checklist and they all contain errors like that so I tried to mimic that.

You guys rock and are so cool :bow_down2_s: (and I don't say this often as I have left highschool over twenty years ago!):

A superb airframe, a top notch cockpit, high end effects, “deep” systems, low fps impact and now an interactive checklist ready to educate us!

Only thing I am afraid of is the price when you release!

I have seen that the Dash 8 is sold at up to 150 Euro in the professional version and still around 50 Euro for a “light” version (which it is unfair to call it – I am sure…).

Anyway: Quality has its price and I am happy willing to pay for it!

You guys rock and are so cool :bow_down2_s: (and I don't say this often as I have left highschool over twenty years ago!):

A superb airframe, a top notch cockpit, high end effects, “deep” systems, low fps impact and now an interactive checklist ready to educate us!

I have seen that the Dash 8 is sold at up to 150 Euro in the professional version and still around 50 Euro for a “light” version (which it is unfair to call it – I am sure…).

Don't worry, the Twin Otter won't be that expensive. I think I remember Mathijs saying that it'll cost something like 30€ if you live in the EU.

• Aerosoft

For internal projects we will never go over the 32 something Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable), this one will be 30 Euro I believe.

For internal projects we will never go over the 32 something Euro (plus EU VAT when applicable), this one will be 30 Euro I believe.

Unbelievable! :excellenttext_s:

I didn't even notice the misspelling of 'TWIN' in the same line!

You might want to add that to your 'features list' if you don't want a whole lot of mail pointing out the typos! 'Includes accurate checklists down to the typos in the original...' My reasoning is that the people that read close enough to find typos will have read the features and those who skip over reading most things like features won't have noticed the typos!

• Aerosoft

I didn't even notice the misspelling of 'TWIN' in the same line!

You might want to add that to your 'features list' if you don't want a whole lot of mail pointing out the typos! 'Includes accurate checklists down to the typos in the original...' My reasoning is that the people that read close enough to find typos will have read the features and those who skip over reading most things like features won't have noticed the typos!

We had the same in the Catalina and indeed we got rather a lot of comment on that. Let it be a inside joke.

Congratulations to Mathijs and the whole team involved in this superb project. What has always impressed me with Aerosoft is how we, the customers, are kept informed throughout a project.

We are treated to a delight of pictures and videos as the project progresses which maintains my interest and gives an insight in to what is actually involved. For me, this leads to an even better appreciation of the aircraft which I will eventually get to fly, and this is certainly the case with the Twin Otter, which is one of my favourite aircraft of all time.

Thanks guys.

Malcolm

We had the same in the Catalina and indeed we got rather a lot of comment on that. Let it be a inside joke.

I never noticed on the Cat- I must have been too busy trying to keep the engines alive ;) I love the checklists and especially the option to have the sim start with the engines off by default. I wish every aircraft had this option. I know we can load the Cessna and turn everything off and so on but on these more complexly simulated aircraft it is definitely nice to know everything is initialized correctly before I start from cold and dark. Thanks to Aerosoft for providing that option.

Archived