Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

if there isn't a version for fs9 what will happen if i just copy the datas into the fs9 folder? can i use it that way in my old fs? ore does anyone knoew what will happen if i do so?

• Upvote 1

if there isn't a version for fs9 what will happen if i just copy the datas into the fs9 folder? can i use it that way in my old fs? ore does anyone knoew what will happen if i do so?

NO, unable!

No chance of that ever working. FS9 could handle about a third of the polygons used on this model, perhaps even less.

• Aerosoft

what about the cockpit, engines, wind etc sounds? are they as realistic as a real airbus sounds?

Depends. They are realistic but that could mean they are not what you expect. See most addons let you hear flaps, spoilers really loud, while in a real cockpit you don't hear them a lot. Loads of people asked us if we could do the rather peculiar PTU sound of an Airbus even though in the cockpit you do not hear them unless the cabin door is open. What you do hear is a load of system cooling fans, they are as loud as engines and wind noise together in cruise!

What we done is a sound set that is very real but as we know this is not like others addons we'll get some flak for it.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

It simply will not load or crash FS2004. See fs2004 could handle 64.000 polygons for an aircraft, we are at least at 4 times that many. You simply can not do this level of detail in fs2004.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Any speculation as to why aerosoft isn't allowing McPhat Studios a chance to repaint the bus?

Speculations? Sounds like you do not expect to hear why we so far decided not to allow it!

Several of the McPhat repainters have already made excellent repaints for free, but we are just not happy with others asking money for something based on our work. There are also copyright issues (we got licenses for many repaints and as far as I know McPhat does not), support issues etc. Let's just see how the repaints will be, some i have seen are excellent and will be free. If McPhat wants to use our paint kit commercially we are happy to listen to what they will offer. If they want to make freeware paints they are very welcome just as anybody else!

• Upvote 4

Speculations? Sounds like you do not expect to hear why we so far decided not to allow it!

Several of the McPhat repainters have already made excellent repaints for free, but we are just not happy with others asking money for something based on our work. There are also copyright issues (we got licenses for many repaints and as far as I know McPhat does not), support issues etc. Let's just see how the repaints will be, some i have seen are excellent and will be free. If McPhat wants to use our paint kit commercially we are happy to listen to what they will offer. If they want to make freeware paints they are very welcome just as anybody else!

Understandable, I wouldn't be happy if I had used a half year on making something and selling it cheap, and then someone else does earn money on my product.

Here are some pics from EDDF where one can see the chocks, external power unit and cones. The rest is courtesy of AES.

Thank you!!! Nice!

Is it just my impression or did the chocks actually get smaller? Mathijs asked about their size at the end of the previous Airbus thread and some (like myself) argued they seem a little bit too big. But it could just be the perspective of those screenshots. However I like their size as the chocks appear now.

BTW: I think the dirt under the windows has a very (!) realistic look!

Depends. They are realistic but that could mean they are not what you expect. See most addons let you hear flaps, spoilers really loud, while in a real cockpit you don't hear them a lot. Loads of people asked us if we could do the rather peculiar PTU sound of an Airbus even though in the cockpit you do not hear them unless the cabin door is open. What you do hear is a load of system cooling fans, they are as loud as engines and wind noise together in cruise!

What we done is a sound set that is very real but as we know this is not like others addons we'll get some flak for it.

I'm very glad you're targeting reality in this area. I bought a regional airliner awhile back, and the sounds were clearly not based on reality. I understand developers trying to please their customer base, but not to the extent of sacrificing realism for fiction. It took me many hours of sound editing and manipulation to make it sound believable. If you do get some flak for targeting realism, I and many others will defend your goal of accurate Airbus immersion.

By the way, the other bus developer we don't speak of here, did an absolutely wonderful job on their sound set. You come anywhere even close to that, it's a home run!

Curt

As spring rains strike here and there, time for some wipers action!

wipers01s.jpg

wipers04s.jpg

wipers02s.jpg

wipers03s.jpg

BTW: Please do not ask about windshield rain effects - it has been discussed already.

And please let me remind you once again: things are in the BETA stage here.

• Upvote 2

Well then you will not buy it.

FSX does not have any satellites and to start simulating full orbital paths for the GPS sattelites is slightly beyond what we have in mind. Sure we could fake it and put a number between 7 and 11 somewhere, but if that's what you want in a aircraft addon I would kindly suggest you look elsewhere. Not a lot of addons that have it so you will nt have many addons!

It was an eary april fools..:) Although I expect great things.. even the simple notion of waiting to align 7 or 10+ minutes is a little crazy to me when it comes to "systems". Yet some people want it.:)

Thanks for the latest photo updates!

Most probably going to get it. Does anyone know whether there will be a CD/boxed version? because i remember i read a post saying theres no cd version and i could not find that post again so do advice! thanks

Bit off topic, but i was just wondering how many people follow taxi and take off procedures by the book. I was on a recent flight from Shenzen to KL and one thing i noticed (well actually on all flights) that the engines are not turned on until the tow vehicle has taxied the aircraft into taxi postion and moved away from the aircraft at a safe distant. Only then does the pilot turn on the engines (i think only one in this case) and the flaps. this by my timing took less than 3 minutes. I tried this on another aircraft in fsx and i could also do it a couple of minutes however with only one engine it was basically impossible to manovure as the aircraft moves to one side. Has anyone else tried this?

Mathijs have you any more news on the Saitek X-65F PRO FLIGHT SYSTEM that you mentioned in the earlier posts? You were going to write a review for us :rolleyes:   

• Aerosoft

Makes alot of since Mathjis :). One more thing no one every answered whether the bus will be able to Manual Start &/or Start via Pneumatic Ext Pwr?

External Pneumatic power? Could be we missed something but I do not think the Airbus can use that.

But you can use internal or external electrical power for all systems. The whole electrical system is very well modeled.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the latest photo updates!

Most probably going to get it. Does anyone know whether there will be a CD/boxed version? because i remember i read a post saying theres no cd version and i could not find that post again so do advice! thanks

There will be a boxed version available a few weeks after the download release.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Bit off topic, but i was just wondering how many people follow taxi and take off procedures by the book. I was on a recent flight from Shenzen to KL and one thing i noticed (well actually on all flights) that the engines are not turned on until the tow vehicle has taxied the aircraft into taxi postion and moved away from the aircraft at a safe distant. Only then does the pilot turn on the engines (i think only one in this case) and the flaps. this by my timing took less than 3 minutes. I tried this on another aircraft in fsx and i could also do it a couple of minutes however with only one engine it was basically impossible to manovure as the aircraft moves to one side. Has anyone else tried this?

Depending on airport, operator, aircraft and ground staff it is often possible to start the engines during the push back. Not sure if this can be done with the default FSX pushback, but certainly when using AES.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Mathijs have you any more news on the Saitek X-65F PRO FLIGHT SYSTEM that you mentioned in the earlier posts? You were going to write a review for us :rolleyes:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31472&view=findpost&p=218915

• Upvote 2