Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

where is the airbus beta test for download???please

Its an illegal download and not a public Beta, so don't even go thereĀ 

• Upvote 4

Nice shots. I have 2 questions. 1) I have noticed that the boxed version is only for sale in USA and Canada. Is there any way it can be shipped to other countries?

2) With regards to complexity, I have read this is made for "easy simming" , not too complex. I would like to know, will you be able to discharge squibs and pull the fire handles if you progam an engine fire?

Regards

Birdman

Is it just me or should the cockpit illumination in those night screenshots be brighter? Or maybe that's normal

I have stated these are beta screenshots to avoid comments like yours.

Do you want us to show some screens in the development phase or not?

Not only that VORJAB asked for looking at those night VC screenshots in a dark environment, for my taste the balance between the exterior lights of the night scenery in screenshot no. 3 and the VC lighting is very good. A panel light that's not too bright and thus preserves night vision. (As far as you could claim night-vision in FlightSim altogether.)

The cockpit panel light of the SimCheck A300 in comparison is far too bright for my taste.

Nice shots. I have 2 questions. 1) I have noticed that the boxed version is only for sale in USA and Canada. Is there any way it can be shipped to other countries?

I'm not Aerosoft, but be assured, Birdman: There will be full opportunity to get the boxed version elsewhere. There can't be any doubt about it...

will you be able to discharge squibs and pull the fire handles if you progam an engine fire?

There are no plans to implement this functionality in the initial release version. Not sure about the advanced version though.

Guest Rustam

Dear Mr. Kok,

Being a newbie FS user (currently practicing FS9), I've never used your products before. But I heard a lot of good about 'em. This is my first experience at your forums and in fact, my very first post here. Therefore, I would like to go straight to the topic.

To be honest, as a potential customer who wants to get as much as positive feedback both from the forums and your products line, I didn't expect to see such (sorry for this word but that's the way it is) "amateurish" statements from your side - one of the key persons behind Aerosoft. I must admit I've tried (and keep trying) a number of pay- and shareware addons from different developers on a regular basis - you may call it piracy, doesn't matter! As I said, I'm trying them only and when I like it I buy it - that simple! I believe you're a well-experienced developer and marketer who can look and "analyze" the works (who called 'em that?) of your counterparts from different angles and to whom it's needless to prove how SHI**Y their addons may be just in order to get some cash. How would you call such an attitude against me - the buyer - in this case, other than PIRACY?!? Even worse - a pure Simulation on flight simulation! :D

Your other statement also didn't convince me to buy any one of your products in the nearest future:

...there is a good chance we'll raise the retail price of the product because of this. People who want it will buy it... See piracy does not hurt us a lot, customers pay for it.

From what I understand, this simple means: "Come on, you stupid but loyal customers - pay for the shit of the pirates! We'll raise the price of our products in order to do some harm on 'em and because we don't have any other means to fight the piracy but raising the price! We don't care about the pirates - you, loyal customers, will pay for 'em anyway".

So, could you please over-persuade me to knock your doors for the first time?!?

Thank you and all the best!

Rustam Alhas

• Upvote 1

Is it something in the water or what!? What's with all these people admitting that they illegally download copyright material, in effect admitting they are thieves in a public forum!? :blink:

Rustam, I have no doubt that Mathijs would not have you as a customer even if you paid him.

The times they sure are a changin...

Is it something in the water or what!? What's with all these people saying I illegaly download copyright material, in effect admitting they are thieves in a public forum!? :blink:

The times they sure are a changin...

In the words of Forest Gump 'Stupid is as stupid does'Ā  :lol:

• Upvote 2

Does this aircraft determine the position of the GPS satellites so it knows how many are actually overhead?

Otherwise I will nut buy it.

Could you please tell us why counting how many satellites the GPS is connected to is so important to you and why you would not buy it if this function is not on the Airbus please?Ā 

• Upvote 3

Could you please tell us why counting how many satellites the GPS is connected to is so important to you and why you would not buy it if this function is not on the Airbus please?

I think what he means is called "RAIM". Certain aircrafts, ones that use a Garmin1000 for example, count the overall amount of satellites in order to get sure that proper lateral guidance at a certain location is provided. If not, you are not able to procede after the FAF.

However, as far as i know, THIS has absolutely nothing to do with any Airbus so he might have mixed up something :rolleyes:.

Conchi

Since this version does not have vertical profile calculation, can someone explain me in easy way how to calculate the rate of decent? For example to certain way point left 40nm, I'm on FL250 and should pass tis way point at 7000 feet, what should be rate of decent? Thank you.

• Upvote 1

I think what he means is called "RAIM". Certain aircrafts, ones that use a Garmin1000 for example, count the overall amount of satellites in order to get sure that proper lateral guidance at a certain location is provided. If not, you are not able to procede after the FAF.

However, as far as i know, THIS has absolutely nothing to do with any Airbus so he might have mixed up something :rolleyes:.

Conchi

Lol I knew what he meant, but when I see things like this pop up (I won't buy it because it hasn,t got this and that) satellites don't even exist in FSX, (I have never seen one in orbit even in full zoom) the default GPS shows a page of the so-called satellites but thats a mock up just to make it seem real so whats the point in simulating something that really isn't part of the FSX structure? Wind is simulated and the forces acting upon the aircraft is simulated which is why flight simulation needs a hefty CPU to process it all, to start adding simulated satellites (and other components that are not hard coded into the FSX engine) is going to require an outside program running along side FSX with your Hardware programs, real weather programs etc and take frames that are already a major subject the world over to simulate something that most people have never heard of (RAIM). Sometimes I just get the feeling that people are just showing off there knowledge of aircraft functions, maybe I am wrong but I'm sure the enjoyment will be there still withoutĀ RAIM and non-existent satellites :rolleyes: Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

• Upvote 4

Dear Mr. Kok,

Being a newbie FS user (currently practicing FS9), I've never used your products before. But I heard a lot of good about 'em. This is my first experience at your forums and in fact, my very first post here. Therefore, I would like to go straight to the topic.

To be honest, as a potential customer who wants to get as much as positive feedback both from the forums and your products line, I didn't expect to see such (sorry for this word but that's the way it is) "amateurish" statements from your side - one of the key persons behind Aerosoft. I must admit I've tried (and keep trying) a number of pay- and shareware addons from different developers on a regular basis - you may call it piracy, doesn't matter! As I said, I'm trying them only and when I like it I buy it - that simple! I believe you're a well-experienced developer and marketer who can look and "analyze" the works (who called 'em that?) of your counterparts from different angles and to whom it's needless to prove how SHI**Y their addons may be just in order to get some cash. How would you call such an attitude against me - the buyer - in this case, other than PIRACY?!? Even worse - a pure Simulation on flight simulation! biggrin.gif

Your other statement also didn't convince me to buy any one of your products in the nearest future:

From what I understand, this simple means: "Come on, you stupid but loyal customers - pay for the shit of the pirates! We'll raise the price of our products in order to do some harm on 'em and because we don't have any other means to fight the piracy but raising the price! We don't care about the pirates - you, loyal customers, will pay for 'em anyway".

So, could you please over-persuade me to knock your doors for the first time?!?

Thank you and all the best!

Rustam Alhas

Wow....just wow. Being a newbie to flightsims you may want to reconsider your approach to the genre, like it or lump it this is how it goes. For one, illegally downloading a product and rationalizing it as a demo, is still piracy. The fact that Aerosoft has to add a few Dollars or Euros to the price to cover the cost of theft is not a new concept, many retailers (not just sim devs, major retailers) do this. Mathijs and Aerosoft have been nothing short of stellar in their professionalism and strait forwardness about the Airbus, other devs could surely learn something from them. There is nothing stupid about being a loyal customer, only stupid comments made by the uninformed.

-Todd

• Upvote 8

Since this version does not have vertical profile calculation, can someone explain me in easy way how to calculate the rate of decent? For example to certain way point left 40nm, I'm on FL250 and should pass tis way point at 7000 feet, what should be rate of decent? Thank you.

Very simple. A itsy bitsy little bit of good old math! ;-)

You have to make a descend of 18000 feet (Let's skip the QNH-FL difference).

Let's say your speed is 250 kts. So you will have an estimated flight time to the fix of 9.6 minutes (40/250x60).

Divide the 18000 feet to loose by 9.6 minutes and you have the result: 1875 feet/min descent rate. That's how we do it in reality very often...

• Upvote 3

As it is time to say 'Good night', some night-time VC teasers. Jump seat.

Please remember this is still beta. Things will change.

Since these are dark night shots make sure you watch them in proper light conditions (night/no light if possible).

fsscr196s.jpg

fsscr198s.jpg

fsscr201s.jpg

these shoots look great, why can't all add-ons look like that???

• Upvote 2

Lol what do you and I know? We are all just stupid loyal customers!

yeah, yeah, yeah... as long as aerosoft is able to make good add-ons i'm happy

Very simple. A itsy bitsy little bit of good old math! ;-)

You have to make a descend of 18000 feet (Let's skip the QNH-FL difference).

Let's say your speed is 250 kts. So you will have an estimated flight time to the fix of 9.6 minutes (40/250x60).

Divide the 18000 feet to loose by 9.6 minutes and you have the result: 1875 feet/min descent rate. That's how we do it in reality very often...

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

You're very welcome!

I would even recommend you a small brochure that contains all those rules of thumb and approximation formulas which pilots use in real flight. The ony problem is that the brochure is in German language. But I'm sure there are a lot of comparable English ones out there.

And you're absolutely welcome to ask here whenever you need a fomula like this one.

Depends upon how precise you actually want to be. Unfortunately, there are 2 trig functions needed to do it as accurately as you'd probably want, so there can be no easy linear, convenient equation or rule of thumb. (Maybe something that would get you close for a certain range of altitude differences and nautical miles to go....). I gotta run soon, but will get you started...

I used to do this via spreadsheet, and I'm sure charts exist, but the procedure would be something like: find the arctangent of ( feet yet to descend / [ nautical miles to go * 6076 ] ) which should give the desired descent ANGLE. (Remember, radians vs. degrees.) And from desired descent angle, and knowing your own airspeed, you can (assuming some things that are usually safe to assume) use cosine to get current ground speed.... And with current ground speed and the needed descent angle, you can get needed descent speed. Just remember to reconcile units. Then it's just a little more trig and unit conversions.

(Okay, can someone else finish this?!?! I've really gotta run! I'll try to get back later.)

EDIT: Haha, OR you can use what andromeda says. Just be aware that it gets inaccurate as descent angle increases, because it's using airspeed instead of groundspeed. Still, I'm sure it's very close for more typical and shallow descent angles. (How often does an Aitbus need to descend at an angle of 15 degrees anyway? ;-)

"Sometimes I just get the feeling that people are just showing off there knowledge of aircraft functions"Ā Ā lol ya i get that feeling too...Kwiss.Ā Ā Anyway, I was just wondering if there is a repainter out there that might happen to be working on a SAS repaint. :)

-Travis

Roger that, SAS has been done by me. everything is done except for the main logo coulor which i STILL havent found yet.

• Upvote 2

I'm extremely worried that the painters are using the "Captain Sim" dull/horrible methods vs the quality of PMDG, Quality-Wings & Project Airbus versions with their sharp and vibrant paints. The model has the best virtual cockpit and exterior detail I've ever seen in FSX but the repaints look rather dull with no alpha. :(

Some high-end and well-known painters (worked with quality-wings, etc) had an interest in working with your group, what happened? Sorry about the critical post but I and others want the best quality Airbus for flightsim. :)

I hope these paints are are only alpha/beta and not final release versions...Darryl

EDIT: Haha, OR you can use what andromeda says. Just be aware that it gets inaccurate as descent angle increases, because it's using airspeed instead of groundspeed.

I didn't mention airspeed in my method, just "speed". Of course to apply groundspeed makes the calculation more precise. I just didn't want to be too detailed. It's like to difference between flight-level and feet AGL which I mentioned. If the altitude you're aiming for is expressed in feet AGL and the altitude you're leaving is expressed in FL you have to convert that FL to feet AGL in the first place to be precise.

But the difference in the resulting fpm descent rate isn't too much in reality. (I agree that the resulting difference between correctly applying groundspeed and airspeed can be substantially more with a lot of wind. And, of course, the lower the speed, the bigger the difference.)

And remember: You don't have to be exact to the last foot per second. First of all every change in the wind during the descent will affect the descent path much more. And if you dial the descent rate in manually you don't have 1 fps increments. The increments in fps descent rate to be chosen of are higher, each 20 or 50 fps for instance. So there's not much use for the difference in the result between 1833 and 1837 fps descent rate.