Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Guest cmjA320

It is possible to start the bus with an external air source.There is a procedure in the fcom :

3.04.70 p6.

You can also cross bleed start the bus as well.

Will there be a choice of engines CFM/IAE?

• Upvote 2

It is possible to start the bus with an external air source.There is a procedure in the fcom :

3.04.70 p6.

There will but as far as I know but the gauges will bebased on the CFM model.

• Upvote 1

Hello Mathijs,

Could you please update us on the status of your Prof delivery ? It was due this week I believe and since the Consumer one really depends on it... :wub:

Thanks a lot,

Gregory

• Aerosoft

3.04.70 p6.

Indeed indeed, I stand corrected. But no we do not model external pneumatics. Cross bleed is fully included though.

In this first release we only do the CFM engines in the systems (though we got external models for both of them). As explained, we really make this project from the point of view of the PF, and for him the type of engine is of little importance as the power delivery is rather simular.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

Could you please update us on the status of your Prof delivery ? It was due this week I believe and since the Consumer one really depends on it... :wub:

Thanks a lot,

Gregory

Almost done, but Finn is already back on the FSX version (even though he is actually on vacation now)

• Upvote 1

Guest cmjA320

Mathijs,the CFM uses N1 for power setting and the IAE is an EPR engine so the presentation on the upper screen is different.The IAE also has a few more buttons on the overhead panel.

• Upvote 1

As spring rains strike here and there, time for some wipers action!

wipers04s.jpg

BTW: Please do not ask about windshield rain effects - it has been discussed already.

And please let me remind you once again: things are in the BETA stage here.

Looks great, but those headsets are HUGE!! :)

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,the CFM uses N1 for power setting and the IAE is an EPR engine so the presentation on the upper screen is different.The IAE also has a few more buttons on the overhead panel.

I know of course. But as explained, in this first edition we will only do the CFM engines. For the kind of customers we have in mind it is not a huge deal.

• Upvote 2

It is the headrest...lol...good illusion from a distance..lol..ok and mathjis what about Manual Start? Say we're flying out of Denver (High Altitude)and would like to start her manually via the Overhead Manual Start procedures? as far as it goes thats my last question until release :)

There will be a boxed version available a few weeks after the download release.

Mathijs, when you know exactly how big the file is for the download version is, can you tell us please? You said before that it'd be up above 500 MB. That's huge!

Thanks,

• Deputy Sheriffs

good morning all wil the download version come out this week??

It came out last week and is sold out for the next 12 month :ph34r:

Otto

• Upvote 3

Mathijs,

I know the vertical profile for the MCDU will be simplified and the deep is not defined yet, but is there a chance to get at least a simple calculated TOD and TOC?

Maybe I'm wrong with this idea, please let me know.

Thx

Jan

I am really waiting for the release of the airbus X. I will definitively buy it because it looks great.

I read all the messages here and most of the time I completely don't understand what is written. For me it is very techinal about all the systems. I can fly the FSX default planes and I hope I will can fly the Airbus and maybe even land.

I am really waiting for the release of the airbus X. I will definitively buy it because it looks great.

I read all the messages here and most of the time I completely don't understand what is written. For me it is very techinal about all the systems. I can fly the FSX default planes and I hope I will can fly the Airbus and maybe even land.

Im on the same boat as you my friend, everyone is saying that it all looks like a simple aircraft add on but judging by all the technical jargon thats flying around i reckon this aircraft is going to be complex enough for the majority of us weekend pilots B)

good morning to all

first want to say nice picture of your product !!!

i' ve got a few questions for you mathijs (sorry if already ask). I know that aerosoft team develop the airbus with a simplify FMGC/MCDU and i'm wondering 2 think:

-would it be possible to insert the 2nd FLT plan (for other QFU for landing, indirect approach...)

-In the INIT A/B pages of the FMGC ,will it manage Alternate fuel

-would it be possible for you to take some picture of the different pages of MCDU to see what we got on it?

thks a lot for your reply

brgds

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, when you know exactly how big the file is for the download version is, can you tell us please? You said before that it'd be up above 500 MB. That's huge!

Thanks,

Yes I do believe it will be close to that (not sure yet, we are now using 7zip internally as that works so brilliant on FS files, the installer uses zip and that makes the file a few times bigger.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

You are close to the ideal customer for this product!

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

good morning to all

first want to say nice picture of your product !!!

i' ve got a few questions for you mathijs (sorry if already ask). I know that aerosoft team develop the airbus with a simplify FMGC/MCDU and i'm wondering 2 think:

-would it be possible to insert the 2nd FLT plan (for other QFU for landing, indirect approach...)

-In the INIT A/B pages of the FMGC ,will it manage Alternate fuel

-would it be possible for you to take some picture of the different pages of MCDU to see what we got on it?

thks a lot for your reply

brgds

- No

- Yes I do think that's included, will need to check though.

- I'll add some pages, keep in mind this is one of the areas we are still working on, it's not perfected and a lot of still missing.

post-43-12700390062_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003900783_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003900914_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003901046_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003901475_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003901604_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003902032_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003902163_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003902289_thumb.jpg

post-43-127003902414_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

You are close to the ideal customer for this product!

... Are you sure of that Mathijs ? Considering all the efforts you have put into including 90% of the systems usually used by real A320 pilots, I believe the ideal customer is supposed to know pretty well how to land an aircraft and understand what is a basic flightplan.. am I wrong ? :blush: