Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

- No

- Yes I do think that's included, will need to check though.

- I'll add some pages, keep in mind this is one of the areas we are still working on, it's not perfected and a lot of still missing.

Mathijs,

I don't like brand new look textures and really love your bus outside textures but in the VC shots you posted, the textures near the FMC look really used and dark... reminds me the old 1982 MD-82 I'm flying where thousands of pilots have already sat with greasy fingers after a morning French croissant !! :D

I suppose that is always the risk of showing preview shots of unfinished products but the FMC routing page (screen shot 6) has room for improvements. I know you have said (more then once) that the AP will not have VNAV support, but will the FMC be able to calculate and show ToC, T/D, descent rates etc.?

• Upvote 1

... Are you sure of that Mathijs ? Considering all the efforts you have put into including 90% of the systems usually used by real A320 pilots, I believe the ideal customer is supposed to know pretty well how to land an aircraft and understand what is a basic flightplan.. am I wrong ? :blush:

Well, I am not sure what to do now. I am waiting some reviews after the release and then see if I will buy it or not. In the past I made a big mistake to buy a PDMG plane.

Well, I am not sure what to do now. I am waiting some reviews after the release and then see if I will buy it or not. In the past I made a big mistake to buy a PDMG plane.

... don't get me wrong. The nice thing about this aircraft is that "anyone" will be able to fly it and that you don't need to study a 100 pages manual to start the engines ! Now compare to the default A321, people who want to fly it in a more "professional" way can also do it since a lot of systems are represented.

My remark was more at qualifying the "ideal" customer for this project, nothing more.

I am sure you'll love flying this bus !

Gregory

• Upvote 1

I know you have said (more then once) that the AP will not have VNAV support, but will the FMC be able to calculate and show ToC, T/D, descent rates etc.?

I also hope that this basic VNAV function will be realized. cool.gif

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

... Are you sure of that Mathijs ? Considering all the efforts you have put into including 90% of the systems usually used by real A320 pilots, I believe the ideal customer is supposed to know pretty well how to land an aircraft and understand what is a basic flightplan.. am I wrong ? :blush:

Yes I think you are wrong.

• First, keep in mind this is an Airbus not a Boeing, systems are really a lot less complex to use, a good deal is fully automated and will only bug you when something is wrong.
  • Second, we got the State load/save system. You can just put load a default FSX flightplan, put the aircraft on the runway and select the 'ready for take-off' state, or 'ready to taxi' if you want to do a bit more. And we got loads more of those.
  • Third, we got a kick ass guide to help users and loads of people on the forums here that will help.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, no. We are not far from being done but still a load of bugs to fix.

when not this week then maybe next week?

Hello everyone! This is my first post with Aerosoft and after reading through the forums for the last couple of days I must say Mathijs is handling this beautifully, great feedback, patient and polite. Very refreshing to see. The bus looks spectacular! I really cannot wait to get this beauty in the air! I may have missed this if it has been asked before (lots of stuff to read can be a little tedious) but would you consider this aircraft MORE advanced than the Wilco Airbus Volume 1?

Thanks for the info!

alright i have some questions mathjis,i dont know if it has ben answered but if it has not ben answered can you answer me please.

-all are pages that are avaiibale in MCDU doing the same like the real MCDU like init b page????

-wil the MCDU have an EFOB and an arival time

-whic systems are al simulated(ELEC,HYD etc.)are all things that are clickable doing that what they should do????

-can we press al buttons on ELEC,HYD,AIR COND etc.

-whic systems more are simulated in the mor complex version????

-will the aerosoft a32x have Ram air turbine simulated????

-wil it have later the a319,a318 too?????

i hope these questions are not answered yet.if they are not answered i hop you can answer mathjis

• Deputy Sheriffs

alright i have some questions mathjis,i dont know if it has ben answered but if it has not ben answered can you answer me please.

-all are pages that are avaiibale in MCDU doing the same like the real MCDU like init b page????

-wil the MCDU have an EFOB and an arival time

-whic systems are al simulated(ELEC,HYD etc.)are all things that are clickable doing that what they should do????

-can we press al buttons on ELEC,HYD,AIR COND etc.

-whic systems more are simulated in the mor complex version????

-will the aerosoft a32x have Ram air turbine simulated????

-wil it have later the a319,a318 too?????

i hope these questions are not answered yet.if they are not answered i hop you can answer mathjis

99% of your questions have been answered before, so please take the time to read the previous posts or be patient and wait for the final release.

Otherwise the thread will be spammed by people like you and serious questions want be answered anymore.

Otto

• Upvote 8

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31804&st=0

This should make it a little easier for you.

• Upvote 2

i was wondering which are the diferences between <ready to taxi> and <ready for take off> :blink:

most likely:

- lights

- flaps

- spoilers

- autobrakes

- TO/GA

'ready for taxi,' and 'ready for takeoff' are two different things. ready for taxi would mean engines started, before taxi checklists completed, flight control checks completed (part of before taxi checklist). and lots more. strobe lights and landing lights aren't on for taxi. I could go on, i think you get the point.

• Upvote 2

if you read the top of the previous page, mathijs is quoted saying 'no the bus will not be out this week'

i think i remember him saying that the second week of april might be do-able?

have patience, it will come

• Upvote 1