Manuel C

CRJ pro performance issues in both p3dv5 and v4.5

4 hours ago, sho69607 said:

I would like to report that when the flight first starts, there is no stuttering at all, but after an hour or two, the huge fluctuations start. RivaTuner worked wonders, but unfortunately is not stable with p3dv5. I did see some posts on the the p3d forum about fps drops later on in the flight, but have not seen a solution for that yet. (P3DV5)

I had this issue, and it vanished when I disabled RealLight.dll, which currently has known VRAM leaks across the multiple products that use it.

It changes the lighting in the cockpit, but since it's a 3rd party product, there isn't much that can be done by the Aerosoft gang. As far as I know, this could be due to the fact that realLight hasn't been updated for P3Dv5HF2 

1 hour ago, A_Pilot said:

I had this issue, and it vanished when I disabled RealLight.dll, which currently has known VRAM leaks across the multiple products that use it.

It changes the lighting in the cockpit, but since it's a 3rd party product, there isn't much that can be done by the Aerosoft gang. As far as I know, this could be due to the fact that realLight hasn't been updated for P3Dv5HF2 

I’m not sure that the CRJ uses TFDI RealLight? Perhaps Hans can confirm.

The CRJ installer does appear to install TrueGlass. I disabled both dlls in the P3D /gauges folder by renaming them, because both are VRAM hogs.

One or the other dll might indeed be responsible for a drop-off in performance after an hour or two of flight. I’ve seen that reported in the LM forums by users of several different add-on aircraft.

Reallight and Realglass are both in beta if I understand correctly. That would explain the huge VRAM spikes that the tfdi 717 has right now too.

On 6.7.2020 at 21:18, sho69607 sagte:

Reallight and Realglass are both in beta if I understand correctly. That would explain the huge VRAM spikes that the tfdi 717 has right now too.

We don't use Reallight, just Trueglass. But yes, that has been a problem. If you run trueglassinstaller.exe -beta from the command line, you automatically get the latest version of Trueglass. You can find the file in "Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5\Data\SupportFile".

Hi,

If you change the pixel_size value for [VCockpit01] from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024, this completely fixes FPS but the gauge placements and sizings are broken.

If a low fps 1024x1024 version of the gauges could be made somehow, I'm sure that would probably fix this issue?

• Like 1

Interesting find.  I’ll have to try it out.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:31 AM, inbetween said:

Hi,

If you change the pixel_size value for [VCockpit01] from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024, this completely fixes FPS but the gauge placements and sizings are broken.

If a low fps 1024x1024 version of the gauges could be made somehow, I'm sure that would probably fix this issue?