MCDU Options Greyed Out and St. Elmos Fire

skitchie98

@Mathijs Kok I uninstalled and reinstalled the P3D. I use two screens. I noticed that the flickering comes only from one screen. As soon as I change the P3D to the second screen it does not flicker anymore. Could this problem come from the graphic Card?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

For the St Elmo issue, try this new version: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/137562-version-1011-now-available/

We are still 99% sure the problem is in the installed sim (this morning we had another 5 users who re-installed the sim and had the issue solved) but perhaps, by pure luck the changes done help.

I would to inform you, the problem is solved regarding the flickering, the Nvida Driver was not up to date.

I didn't want to open a new Topic for this.

Thanks to the Aerosoft Team for your Support.

10 hours ago, HB-JHM said:

I would to inform you, the problem is solved regarding the flickering, the Nvida Driver was not up to date.

I didn't want to open a new Topic for this.

Thanks to the Aerosoft Team for your Support.

What driver version were you on before? I ask because people over at Avsim are having the dxgi error device removed CTD with P3Dv4 and the latest few Nvidia drivers. In fact I had that error with the latest version of Nvidia driver and when I rolled back to a version from March of this year it went away. I'm on a 1080Ti. 

I did an update of the client only from 4.2 to 4.3. I did it the way LM states so I'm hoping we I buy this I will not have an issue. I'm not going to reinstall everything I have for 1 plane. I get the discount from my previously purchased product so I guess I'll eat the cost if it don't work as a complete reinstall is not happening until version 5.

Add me to the list I have P3D 4.3 and I have the St-Elmo fire (when viewing from inside) and Grey out option on the MCDU 3. I am trying to start the tutorial flight, Also in cold dark the battery shows 0.0 v and if I it the start button 1 or 2 nothing happened.

On 12/07/2018 at 17:39, Mathijs Kok said:

Ok, merci pour ça. C'est examiné. Nous l'avons vu dans notre test mais nous n'avons jamais pu le retrouver. S'il y a d'autres personnes qui le voient, merci de nous le signaler ici.

bonjour, j'ai egalement les memes soucis avec l'eclair sur le pare brise mais il est fixe, pas de son dans le cockpit et certaine options en grisé sur le MCDU les ecrans sont eteint malgré les batteries sur ON .pour que ceux ci s'allume je doit mettre l'APU en marche ......voila 

1 hour ago, mylpas said:

Hi, even with some options in gray on the configuration MCDU and the fixed flash in front of the cockpit  

P3DV4.3?

Have you run the AS Updater?

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 22.7.2018 at 17:52, mylpas sagte:

bonjour, j'ai egalement les memes soucis avec l'eclair sur le pare brise mais il est fixe, pas de son dans le cockpit et certaine options en grisé sur le MCDU les ecrans sont eteint malgré les batteries sur ON .pour que ceux ci s'allume je doit mettre l'APU en marche ......voila 

vor 1 hour , mylpas sagte:

Salut même soucis avec certaines options en grisé sur le MCDU de configuration ainsi que l'éclair  fixe devant le cockpit  

Please post in the english forum in english only. Thank you.

Hello, i got only the elmos fire i have a clean reinstall of my p3d v4.3 a clean win install and a clean airbus install with all updates and expirmimental to. I get this elmos fire always then iam climbing and descending and sometimes in cruise with no thunderstorm in the area.

• Aerosoft

Jonas, we have had 34 people with this issue and for 24 it was solved by making sure the sim was correct (we do not have feedback from the others). I am sorry to be so clear but we are simply 99.9% sure this does not happen on a correct sim. Something in your installation must contain old files.

vor 17 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Jonas, we have had 34 people with this issue and for 24 it was solved by making sure the sim was correct (we do not have feedback from the others). I am sorry to be so clear but we are simply 99.9% sure this does not happen on a correct sim. Something in your installation must contain old files.

That can´t be possible becuase its downlaoded from LM 4.3 and my win 10 is new reinstal. I checked it to in the Apps and Features all says its 4.3.29.25529. anyway is there then a option to disable the elmos fire? or delete a texture?

• Aerosoft

No, there is no way to delete that texture or something similar.

If this happens to you on a completely clean system, you have something that so far no other user has reported and for which we simply have no explanation. With issues that happen on one systems and not on many thousands of others it is almost always impossible to find a cause as it simply has to be something local. By far the most logical explanation is that there were old files on the system that you did not remove. 

Same for me! St-Elmo's Fire going wild on the windshield. MCDU-Options greyed out and no sound in cockpit except engines and no reaction of the aileron and elevator (sidestick and the cross on the PFD are moving).... I have P3D v 4.3

Hello,

Exactly the same problem here and same question : is there a way to solve definitively all this ? As many others did, I spent one entire day trying to install / uninstall the Bus, "play" with different versions of updater (rollback to 1.14 is necessary to obtain Bus v1.3...), read entire pages of forum to see where and if is there a solution or not but no, no way.

I still have the St-Elmos Fire on the windscreen and still unable to fire up the aircraft (access to some MCDU's  functions are unavailable/greyed, as ACFT state e.g). Don't worry about the version of my P3D, which is updated with the last available.

So..., apart from the fact that this is really boring (the right words are "i'm really tired"...), if someone from AS could help once and for all, it would be really appreciated. 

Sir Mathijs Kok, i appreciate the work you do on these (five) pages but for me it's clearly not the expected answers because the point is that this basic problem is clearly redundant and continue to affect new people ! (many forms, for sure !) .

"34 people with this issue and for 24 it was solved by making sure the sim was correct (we do not have feedback from the others). I am sorry to be so clear but we are simply 99.9% sure this does not happen on a correct sim" : what does it mean ? What is supposed to be a "correct" sim ? And what is an incorrect one ? You are "sorry to be so clear" (so am i...) but this behaviour does not bring any solution for no-pros, alone in the dark for 24 of them (and God bless the others...).

As we say in my company, if it does not work for the client, it simply does not work for us, it's not a shame at this time but it's perhaps too early to be clearly ready...

If you understand me, you will forgive me my obvious irritation, even if there's nothing personal at all... Hope it will work soon. Tired of all this, i'm going to store your Bus somewhere in a acft boneyard and wait for better days... 

Thanks anyway.

Cordially yours,

Erick

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you have read through this topic then you will see, that in 99% a broken P3D installation was the problem and a fresh installation of P3D solved the problem.

• Aerosoft
On 7/28/2018 at 9:21 PM, Erick F-B-W said:

Tired of all this, i'm going to store your Bus somewhere in a acft boneyard and wait for better days... 

I am sorry it ends like this for you. But the simply fact is that on EVERY system that we know has a correct and clean P3D V4.3 install it works. 

On 7/30/2018 at 2:01 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry it ends like this for you. But the simply fact is that on EVERY system that we know has a correct and clean P3D V4.3 install it works. 

I too have done a clean install and still I too am having the same exact issue.

Hello all,

After purchasing this product today and having the same problem, i.e. MCDU Options Greyed Out and St. Elmos Fire, I have managed to rectify the problem.

Firstly this was not a problem with the Aerosoft add on but with P3D updater itself.

Running the 4.3.29.25520 update ‘seemed’ to work a few days ago and it did not report any problems.

I thought it was strange the new C130 was not showing in the list of A/C and it turns out the updater had not worked.

Check the version of P3D you are running in the about tab in P3D. If is still showing anything but 4.3.29.25520 then you can do as I did and follow the suggestion of GWI-Berlin’s post and:

1. uninstall client / install client.  

2. uninstall content / install content

3. uninstall scenery / install scenery

Do the uninstall using the windows add/remove function followed by running the installers individually found in the P3D install/update download.

This fixed the issue and I did not need to do a clean install, ruining all my previously installed add-ons/scenery.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thx, but not really new. We are trying to tell people since quite a while that the reason for the reported problem are in 99% the result of a broken P3D update, since many people did not follow LM instructions as you described them too.

• Aerosoft

Need some info:

When you see the st. Elmo effect, is that always after prolonged scenery loading? 

Is it automatically removed after a short period?

Is the possibly related 3rd MCDU issue still an issue for users who are using the latest files?

• 2 weeks later...

A full reinstall after deleting everything solved this for me, took me whole day to do. first i left addons on but would not work as soon as deleted everything and start from scratch it worked.

Archived