MCDU Options Greyed Out and St. Elmos Fire

skitchie98

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Question to those seeing it with 4.3:

How did you upgrade to 4.3? Client only? eveything? fresh install?

I did a client update only (Scenery and content still on 4.0 :rolleyes:) and do not see this problem.

Full install as my son had problems on his so I wanted to see if I had the same when installing 4.3 otherwise I would have done the same as you.

2 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Question to those seeing it with 4.3:

How did you upgrade to 4.3? Client only? eveything? fresh install?

I did a client update only (Scenery and content still on 4.0 :rolleyes:) and do not see this problem.

I did a client only update, but maybe there’s a chance I did it wrong? Did I have to uninstall the 4.2 client before installing 4.3? Cause all I did was run the 4.3 installer with 4.2 still installed. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, skitchie98 said:

Did I have to uninstall the 4.2 client before installing 4.3?

YES, big mistake and LM clearly stats on their website how to correctly update P3D!

What, you think I actually read INSTRUCTIONS? All joking aside I feel like a big fat idiot, I’m not home at the moment but when I get home I’ll actually install 4.3 *correctly*.

On the plus side if that’s the issue it means there’s no tweaking on the bus itself to fix this!

1 minute ago, skitchie98 said:

What, you think I actually read INSTRUCTIONS? All joking aside I feel like a big fat idiot, I’m not home at the moment but when I get home I’ll actually install 4.3 *correctly*.

On the plus side if that’s the issue it means there’s no tweaking on the bus itself to fix this!

People incorrectly updating their P3Ds and therefore causing this issue would (for us) of course be the "best" option lol

Honestly though, let us know how your update turns out as this could possibly indeed be one of the main causes for this problem.

Using older P3D versions I can reliably recreate this problem, so chances are that this is one of the main reasons why this could happen.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, skitchie98 said:

but when I get home I’ll actually install 4.3 *correctly*.

But I'm not sure how this will work, maybe savest is to do a complete reinstall of 4.3

Just adding to the list, can confirm my issue was not being on 4.3. First 4.3 upgrade install did not work.(Little did I know)  Installed client for 4.3 and all problems are gone. 

Requesting title change from “Flight Student-Groundwork” to “Resident Dunce”, please.

Will be able to report results in a few hours or so, sorry for being a total boy who cried wolf.

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay so slowly a pattern emerges.... we have found that at least in a few occasions it's the sim that is not correct.

Could you do a p3d version check during the installer to make sure ppl have 4.3 or higher? :)

3 minutes ago, Fragged^2 said:

Could you do a p3d version check during the installer to make sure ppl have 4.3 or higher? :)

Not sure that would really be helpful for users like us because the issue isn’t 4.3 not being installed, it’s 4.3 being installed incorrectly.

My system confirms that 4.3 is installed, but it’s been confirmed that it was installed incorrectly which is something the Aerosoft installer probably cant root out.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Tricky as it would exclude 4.4 etc.

How so? Equal or larger than 4.3. Returns true for 4.3 or anything higher. Though obviously it's more tricky than that with version numbers that are not strictly numerical.

• Aerosoft

We have rather bad experience with tricks like that. And besides:

Please login to display this image.

Think that that is pretty clear. When you actually buy the product we ask you to make sure that your system requirements are met.

I think we got to great lengths to make sure people do not make mistakes. We had one customer just now who has FS2004 and bought the product, but what can we do more?

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have rather bad experience with tricks like that. And besides:

Think that that is pretty clear. When you actually buy the product we ask you to make sure that your system requirements are met.

I think we got to great lengths to make sure people do not make mistakes. We had one customer just now who has FS2004 and bought the product, but what can we do more?

There really isn’t. I’ll own up to it, i blazed right through the checkboxes at checkout without reading them. And I’m guessing that’s probably what Mr. FS2004 did as well.

I get that as a company you’re obligated to provide assistance and fixes for issues but at some point the line has to be drawn that it’s 100%, 24/7, 365, on the customer.

Gentleman,

for those of you who are on 4.3 already and still encounter this issue, we prepar3d (hint hint) some experimental files.
Note that these are totally experimental and thus untested. They may or may not work, no promises given so please make backups of your previous files.

NewFilesetAfterRelease.zip

Please let us know if these help!

Just now, alpha117 said:

Emanuel,

Update on my issue, an uninstall and reinstall  fixed it here; so all good to go now

Strange one to be honest

Thanks Clive, was that an uninstall and reinstall of the Airbus or of P3D? Just for the record to figure out a solution for the other customers.

Archived