----> A318/319 Crashing on exit, combination topic (probably solved)

cloudswimmer

OK the same crash on exit happens to me and started with A318/319. The different thing is that the sim crashes now everytime with every aircraft! The crash report is always BEX.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

OK the same crash on exit happens to me and started with A318/319. The different thing is that the sim crashes now everytime with every aircraft! The crash report is always BEX.

But if you do not load the A318/A319 that seems more to indicate a general problem (often because of an incorrect ddl.xml btw)

Hi Mathijs,

I have a dedicated FSX computer, and a very stable and clean install.

My operating system is Windows 7 SP1 and it's an i5-3470.

The baby buses are the only aircraft I have installed this year and I was getting the freeze on exit, with the application hang error message.

I solved the problem by setting disable pre load to 0.

I don't have RAAS active although it is installed.

BTW, I was also having McAffee quarrantine the configurator. In the end I had to completely disable McAffee and I reported it.

Today, the software is leaving it alone, so they may have actioned it.

Thank you for a great product and support.

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi Mathijs,

yesterday i made a new attempt. I deinstall the A318 completely from FSX. Then, because of some terrible failures in FSX, i delete my tweaked fsx.cfg and let fsx create a new one. After that and only add Highmemfix=1 and Affinitymask=14 i reinstall my A318. I made some tests and never in the Tests i got a FSX crash so far. I can change the Planes in the Menu and make flights, nothing happened. It works for me now.

Regards,

Peter

• Aerosoft

Mmmm a clear affirmation of what we see. This happens on tweaked systems, not on 'new' ones. That might fit as many of the 'tweaks' actually cut corners to make things faster.

The machine I can confirm it on also was tweaked heavily by 3rd party tools.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Rebuilding the fsx.cfg is always a good advice as most people simply tweak their FSX to death by randomly using tweaks from other users or from certain websites, but have no clue what a specific tweak does to their system.

Awhile back I added DisablePreload=1 under [MAIN] when I was fixing some vsync issues after I switched over to DX10.

A few things about this tweak. First, you shouldn't need this tweak to have vsync work correctly in DX10 if you have NVIDIA Inspector set correctly. Second removing this tweak from my config file fixed the A318/A319 crash issue on my system. The only other tweaks that I use are the ventubo tweaks, and I have no issues with the crashing issue with just using those tweaks alone.

Removing DisablePreload=1 for some people will cause vsync tear issues. Not adding any of the vsync tweaks to my config file, and letting NVIDIA Inspector manage vsync alone eliminates the need for DisablePreload=1 if you're in DX10 mode. I only fly in Fullscreen mode, if you fly Windowed mode I would assume that the same I have mentioned would apply.

• Aerosoft

Mmmm a clear affirmation of what we see. This happens on tweaked systems, not on 'new' ones. That might fit as many of the 'tweaks' actually cut corners to make things faster.

The machine I can confirm it on also was tweaked heavily by 3rd party tools.

On the machine I could identify the issue on I did delete the FSX.cfg, reinstalled the A318/A319 and could no longer get it to crash on exit.

For people who use P3D, please activate errorlogging by inserting ContentErrorLogging=1 to the MAIN section of the P3D.cfg. That will create an error log when you shut down P3D. If there is any stuff related to the bus let me know.

• Aerosoft

Perhaps nobody that has the error is using P3D, so let's try another approach:

• Unzip the attached file to a folder, it does NOT need to be installed. It's a debugging tool from MS. 100% save.
    ProcessExplorer.zip
  • Now start FSX, close it and get to the error. Don't click anything anything away at this moment!!!
  • Start Process Explorer
  • Look for the FSX (or P3D) process
  • Right click -> Create Dump -> Mini Dump
  • Zip the resulting file and attach it here

Using that file we can see what is still running and waiting for a connection or something.

Never had the problem before, but know getting this when i end flight with A319/318.
Just Highmemfix in cfg
Beskrivelse
Sti for fejlbehæftet program: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
Problemsignatur
Problemhændelsesnavn: BEX
Programnavn: fsx.exe
Programversion: 10.0.61637.0
Tidsstempel for program: 46fadb14
Fejlmodulnavn: FMGS.DLL_unloaded
Fejlmodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Tidsstempel for fejlmodul: 543dc01a
Undtagelsesforskydning: 3550a20d
Undtagelseskode: c0000005
Undtagelsesdata: 00000008
OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Landestandard-id: 1030
Flere oplysninger 1: 19d8
Flere oplysninger 2: 19d83d82a7bc2b2446a88128dd04d113
Flere oplysninger 3: 35c3
Flere oplysninger 4: 35c3175b356808b78831e3c39acab21a
Ekstra oplysninger om problemet
Bucket-id: 50
Tried the AXE 320/321 and default aircraft no problems there...

• Aerosoft

I too am experiencing the crashes on exit with the A318/A319. I have added my dump file and hopefully it can provide some assistance in the matter. I only experience the crash when using the A318/A319 range of aircraft.

Thanks!

• Aerosoft

Never had the problem before, but know getting this when i end flight with A319/318.
Just Highmemfix in cfg
Beskrivelse
Sti for fejlbehæftet program: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
Problemsignatur
Problemhændelsesnavn: BEX
Programnavn: fsx.exe
Programversion: 10.0.61637.0
Tidsstempel for program: 46fadb14
Fejlmodulnavn: FMGS.DLL_unloaded
Fejlmodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Tidsstempel for fejlmodul: 543dc01a
Undtagelsesforskydning: 3550a20d
Undtagelseskode: c0000005
Undtagelsesdata: 00000008
OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Landestandard-id: 1030
Flere oplysninger 1: 19d8
Flere oplysninger 2: 19d83d82a7bc2b2446a88128dd04d113
Flere oplysninger 3: 35c3
Flere oplysninger 4: 35c3175b356808b78831e3c39acab21a
Ekstra oplysninger om problemet
Bucket-id: 50
Tried the AXE 320/321 and default aircraft no problems there...

Please make the dump file so we can check it out!

Ok, here you go young sir :big_boss_s:

Have you followed this method with the program, as I can see there are differences between your file and from another user: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/85493-a318319-crashing-on-exit-combination-topic/?p=624856

Danish version: Har du fulgt denne metode med programmet, da jeg kan se der er forskelle på din fil og den fra en anden bruger: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/85493-a318319-crashing-on-exit-combination-topic/?p=624856

• Aerosoft

I too am experiencing the crashes on exit with the A318/A319. I have added my dump file and hopefully it can provide some assistance in the matter. I only experience the crash when using the A318/A319 range of aircraft.

That one did not show any error we can trace, it just seems FSX does not unload some stuff. An error they had since FS4.

Just to let you know that since 1.12b I no longer have the fsx.exe not shutting down issue. It may have been an earlier fix to be honest as I have been constantly selecting a default aircraft before exit since the release, but exiting after a particularly exhausting flight without deselecting the A318/319 by accident I was amazed to see FSX close normally. Repeating this all seems to works fine. I appreciate that probably doesnt help troubleshooting as it was never actually crashing, but I just wanted to say thanks to Aerosoft...for whatever you did!

Thank you.

I can also confirm this Mathijs,

I had also earlier in the day installed PFPX/TOPCAT and EFB so I can't rule out 3rd part interference but It is now working fine. Switching between the various Airbus and exiting now works as expected.

I just applied the 1.12c hotfix and completed a flight from KSAN to KSFO with no problem. ActiveSky Next was loaded and configured in networked mode and I was able to complete the flight, exit the flight, and exit the simulator without a crash. So far, so good......good job Aerosoft!

As i posted earlier in this thread i started have crashes on exit with A318/319 and then with all aircrafts.

Now with hotfix 1.12c i have NO CRASH ON EXIT!

Thanks Aerosoft! :excellenttext_s:

Just had a crash prior to dep. in DEN on the A319. FSX (no P3D), windows 7 64. Using ALL hotfix and latest versions.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Fault Module Name: FMGS.DLL
Fault Module Version: 1.2.6.60
Fault Module Timestamp: 544d8d3b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000028f7
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033