----> A318/319 Crashing on exit, combination topic (probably solved)

cloudswimmer

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

for me, uninstalling RAAS with windows´s "Programs and Features" did the trick. No more freezing when hitting the ESC key, regardless wether it was in mid flight, end of flight and so on...

cheers,

Robert.

Hey guys,

had a crash on exiting FSX everytime using one the birds, even with all hotfixes and updates installed. Now I found out that my enbseries mod in combination with its d3d9.dll caused the crash. Deleted them both from the main fsx folder and created a new fsx.cfg file and now everything is fine. No more crashes on exit.

Maybe another possible solution for some of you.

I do not run enbseries, and get g3d.dll crash on exit. FSX Accel. Win7 64bit. I'm all out of ideas! I have gigs of addons, I really do not want to reinstall!

• 2 weeks later...

I now have exactly the same issue of FSX crashing when I attempt to close it down when running the A318/319. My windows is english but, otherwise, the error messageis exactly as that posted by JorgeML 5 posts above

For info, the crash also occurs if I try to unload the A318/319 whilst FSX is running {ie try to select a different - say, default - aircraft}. After several hours searching for a solution{rebuild FSX,cfg, ensure no other dll were loading etc etc} I installed in P3D (I have FSX and P3D running on separate HDD} with the same result - crash with the same error message when I shut P3D down. All other high level add-ons {iFly, PMDG etc`} have no problems - neither did AXE when I had that installed

Apprecite this must be unique to very few systems or your beta testers would have quickly picked it up but something seems to be conflicting with the 318/319 when it tries to unload. As my P3D is a relatively new and "clean" install I doubt a reinstall of either would be the answer but would be v grateful for any ideas as to where I might look next.

John R

Just installed v1.2 A318/319 along with the latest hotfix. Regret there is no change - on shut down P3D invariably crashes with the same error message as noted above.

I have tried repairing .net and all MS C++ seem complete and up to date.

Also have A320 v1.1 {not downloaded v1.2 yet} and that has exactly the same problem.

Note - previously used AXE with no problems

Must be something in the systems of the few of us seeing this - but what .....................

John R

Yes - I have never installed RAAS

Spent several hours yesterday trying to isolate any other programme/service that might be interfering - including using MSCONFIG diagnostic setting. All with no luck.

Flew 2 long routes today just to make sure the programme was running correctly "in flight". Seems its either something deep which might need a windows reinstall (yuk). Or it could be something v simple that I'm missing in my FS installs

I'll keep looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update for anyone with this issue. I updated both programmes to v1.21 and loaded and shutdown each about 10 times with no problem - then for no reason I could see, I had the fmgs crash on shutdown with the 318. Tried another uninstall/reinstall and again flew several sorties with no problem. I then had another shutdown crash but this time I did not bother with a reinstall and just kept on using the aircraft and have not had a crash since.

Can only conclude that there is occasionally some instability in my system that causes this. No idea why but it's something we can live with and which might disappear in time - something that is nothing new with computers and FSX!,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just wanted to report that the problem is still there. I have made a complete reinstall of FSX and the Airbus A320/321 v1.21 and also used HF1.21C. Apparently RAAS was not responsible for freezing FSX when trying to get out of the flight.

I also have the following addons: REX+OD, LatinVFR SCEL, and SweetFX.

So, I made the following test flight and hit the ESC key at different points in order to narrow down what is causing FSX to freeze:

- I start at the active runway SCEL => ESC pressed, OK

- Load Take-off state => ESC pressed, OK

- Contacted FSX-ATC for T.O. clearance => ESC pressed, OK

- Take off and a couple of km later turn around, ask for landing clearance => ESC pressed, OK

- Approach to 35L on SCEL, align with RWY and lowered the landing gear => ESC pressed, FSX freezed with a black screen. Only possibility is to kill the task.

so, any ideas??

EDIT: So, I made the same test but now on a default Airport (EDDF). No problems until the GPWS ( I think it´s that, well I mean the guy that calls the 2500, 50, etc... ) got activated.

cheers,

Robert.

so, after many tests, I believe to have found that SweetFX was causing the problem. I uninstalled SweetFX (I use the SweetFXConfigurator) and I didnt have a frozen FSX anymore when trying to exit the simulation. I´m sorry I put the blame on RAAS..... Unfortunately it is quite a pitty to have to give up on SweetFX, because it makes FSX look awesome. Is Aerosoft looking at this compatibility problem??

cheers,

Robert.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another reason to get rid of those silly tools. And no, we will definitely not look to make the Airbus compatible with every tool thats around on the web. Ask the developer of SweetFX to be compatible.

Another reason to get rid of those silly tools. And no, we will definitely not look to make the Airbus compatible with every tool thats around on the web. Ask the developer of SweetFX to be compatible.

mopperle, I think calling SweetFX "a silly tool" was completely unnecessary and redundant to your very unpolite answer. I can understand you will not look into it and that´t fine, that is all you needed to mention. I am paying for your product and the people that develop SweetFX do it for free, so yeah, I believe at least I have the right to ask if you would look into it.

Regards,

Robert.

• 1 month later...

Any news on that topic?

My P3d 2.4 still crashes on exit with the bus. The problem is that all the control settings are been removed due to this. Thanks

And I am not able to replicate, without being able to do that, I can't change anything.

I encounter the same nonsense I mean My PC is Basically High end and it runs fsx and the Airbus but there are some glitches like when I turn on the the Integ Lights most switches dissappear also the floor and Vertical stabilizer annoyingly but when I turn it off everything is back to normal.

Another issue is when I want to exit the flight by pressing escape key when I do sometimes it freezes and the loading icon from the mouse pointer rotates and then it exit back to my desktop and it a message that it is solving the problem or When pressing escape key it as normal show options like continue flight or exit and when I select Exit flight it does the same thing back to the desktop with a message saying solving problem but I doubt it is going to find out.

So fellas please for Wright Brothers sake help me out.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

I've read all five pages of this thread, I can't remember whether it turned out that this issue comes with the 320(/321) as well, so not just the baby bus. I've investigated a bit: I've installed all the addons I use piece by piece, and after each I've loaded the bus. It turned out (in my case) that this issue is connected with FSUIPC. Quite simple: if FSUIPC is installed FSX crashes on exit when the bus is loaded, if no FSUIPC installed, there is no crash. I'm using now version 4.939 of FSUIPC and the 1.30 hotfix e of the bus. And I have no idea what is the connection between the bus and FSUIPC and how can it lead to this kind of crash. Not so painful but I can imagine in flight CTDs caused by this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I thought I'd chime in with a little more info about this crash. For the time being I really haven't tried anything to solve it because I know exactly what actions on my end will trigger a crash and I can simply avoid them. From what I can tell, the program will freeze up any time a tell the program to do anything that opens an FSX system dialog window. So things like hitting escape at any time (close dialog), switching aircraft, ect. All of the ATC windows work fine (with the exception of creating a new flight plan from the ATC menu- crashes when the program calls the flight route dialog). It appears to be strictly related to the system dialog windows. For example, if I call for a fuel truck, everything runs fine until the system dialog window for entering fuel is called.

Now, this behavior does not appear to start until I turn on cockpit checklists or use the flight computer (I think someone earlier mentioned this behavior.) Without knowing much about how the various features of this addon were coded, my working theory is that one or more of my installed addons are interfering with the proper back and forth communication between the addon and FSX. Are the flight computer and checklist run outside of FSX and then inserted back in with something like FSUIPC or SimConnect? It seems like many of the changes that solved the problem for others involved programs that run out side of FSX (ENB, RAAS, SweetFx, ect). Perhaps some combination of addons causes FSX to get some response other than what it expected when calling system dialog windows, resulting in an unhandled exception. Obviously I might be completely off base since I don't know anything about how this addon is coded, but that scenario would seem to fit the rather unusual nature of this bug.

On a closing note, I'd like to thank Mathjis Kok for the patience and diligence he has shown in this thread. Hunting down bugs that only impact a small number of users in an archaic program like FSX is no easy task and many developers would probably just ignore it (especially since it's not very reasonable to expect a developer to anticipate any potential conflict with any addon). Thank you for taking the time to investigate this!

Edit: I realized that if this is related to an unhandled exception in FSX, that would probably show up in the crash logs, so there goes my theory.

Second edit: I tried reproducing the crash step by step starting the aircraft from cold and dark. It did not crash until I finished the cockpit prep checklist, whether I had the copilot on or off. I went back and did the exact same start up procedure without turning on the checklist and the crash did not happen. I don't know if that helps.

Archived