----> A318/319 Crashing on exit, combination topic (probably solved)

cloudswimmer

I think a better question is why does it work without problems on thousands of systems and not on yours.

We do not know why exactly it happens to you. Something on your system is not standard and is causing the problem. I am pretty sure we'll never find out what.

No offense but considering there is a problem that answer doesn't inspire confidence that the issue will be fixed. This exact issue was a problem on the Extended version and whether by design or by chance, that issue was fixed and my current Extended setup is far more stable and runs smoother than the A319 version. If no solution is found in the latter case, I am stuck with a product that is non-refundable which the benefits of the "upgrade" from the previous version are overshadowed by bugs. I hope the issue and other issues being reported with this model will be ironed as they were on the Extended but for now, I am parking it until future iterations of fixes hopefully bring it up to speed.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

But dear Strormilm, what do you want us to change if we have no idea what is happening?

Again, we got tens of thousands of customers where it does not cause a problem and your system where it does cause a problem. That leaves me to believe the problem is on your system and not in our software. Out of our control basically.

Maybe so but all other addons (including the Extended version) work fine which seems indicative that there's a conflict of sort going on with this software and my system. I guess I am totally out of luck on this matter and left with only the option of uninstalling it and writing it off.

Mathijs, whilst I am a very happy Aerosoft customer with both 318/9 and the 320 (the 1.12c hot-fix solved the problem for me) I can understand the frustration of others who are having this problem and then reading your response. I get the impression from earlier posts that you do all you testing on "clean PC's" and a virtually untouched fsx.cfg file. This is hardly real world testing.

If I sold you a car with no suspension and then you took it onto the road and then rightly complained about the bumpy ride, you would be less than happy if my response was "well we we tested it on a perfectly smooth road and nobody complained".

I have no doubt that locating the cause of this issue is a difficult one for you all but your comments can come across as lacking sympathy/tolerance for those that still have an issue.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, whilst I am a very happy Aerosoft customer with both 318/9 and the 320 (the 1.12c hot-fix solved the problem for me) I can understand the frustration of others who are having this problem and then reading your response. I get the impression from earlier posts that you do all you testing on "clean PC's" and a virtually untouched fsx.cfg file. This is hardly real world testing.

If I sold you a car with no suspension and then you took it onto the road and then rightly complained about the bumpy ride, you would be less than happy if my response was "well we we tested it on a perfectly smooth road and nobody complained".

I have no doubt that locating the cause of this issue is a difficult one for you all but your comments can come across as lacking sympathy/tolerance for those that still have an issue.

There are currently around 15.000 add-ons for FSX, See the problem? We (and all other sellers of FSX add-ons) can only guarantee it to work with a correctly installed Windows and a clean FSX. I do sympathise with people who got problems, but as long as we know it works for tens of thousands of people and not for some I feel that we can say that the software we sold is not the cause of the problems. Yesterday I checked the FSX installation of a user with crashing issues. He had every known tweak in the FSX.cfg. Should we support that? Should we even feel responsible for issues caused by that? I do not feel so. I told the user to delete the cfg, let FSX build a new one and add the high mem tweak. Problem solved and he just wrote to me his FSX feels far more responsive.

I know the simple fact that a clean install of FSX will solve their problems is not a welcome advice but often the only thing we can do. We have seen this solve literally EVERY of these hard to solve issues.

• Aerosoft

Maybe so but all other addons (including the Extended version) work fine which seems indicative that there's a conflict of sort going on with this software and my system. I guess I am totally out of luck on this matter and left with only the option of uninstalling it and writing it off.

Well you could solve the issue with a clean install of FSX as we are sure that will solve the problem. I know that is not a welcome advice but sometimes the only thing left. Other than issues caused by jittery control hardware we have not seen a problem with the busses that is not solved by that.

Well you could solve the issue with a clean install of FSX as we are sure that will solve the problem. I know that is not a welcome advice but sometimes the only thing left. Other than issues caused by jittery control hardware we have not seen a problem with the busses that is not solved by that.

So Aerosoft... I cleaned up my complete PC. I delete the complete Harddisc ,reinstall Wind 7 and the FSX .

Step by Step ... but your Airbuss till does not work ...

• Aerosoft

So Aerosoft... I cleaned up my complete PC. I delete the complete Harddisc ,reinstall Wind 7 and the FSX .

Step by Step ... but your Airbuss till does not work ...

But if memory serves me right you only had issues with a crash on exit. You have gone through extraordinary steps by reformatting your hard disk to fix and issue that could simply be averted by selecting another aircraft before closing FSX.

As far as we know you are the only one that still has a crash on exit using the latests files. I am really sorry but we have got no idea what causes it. If you did not install anything else then windows, fsx and the bus, there is only an hardware issue open.

My FSx install is fairly fresh and the only enhancement addon is REX4, so yes, I run as lite a setup as possible to prevent clogging up FSX with many things that might cause such conflicts. I have used Bojote's tweaking tool and made very minor edits in that but in general, the tweak is running solid, all addon aicraft are running very smoothly with no CTD's other than the A319(on exit or pausing for the FSX menu). My hardware is good, my system is a little over a year old and it's hardware is healthy and the OS is very stable(keep the system clean/well maintained). It's a mystery why this issue is going on. Just glad I didn't dump my Extended version as it is running smooth as silk.

Hey guys,

had a crash on exiting FSX everytime using one the birds, even with all hotfixes and updates installed. Now I found out that my enbseries mod in combination with its d3d9.dll caused the crash. Deleted them both from the main fsx folder and created a new fsx.cfg file and now everything is fine. No more crashes on exit.

Maybe another possible solution for some of you.

Hey guys,

had a crash on exiting FSX everytime using one the birds, even with all hotfixes and updates installed. Now I found out that my enbseries mod in combination with its d3d9.dll caused the crash. Deleted them both from the main fsx folder and created a new fsx.cfg file and now everything is fine. No more crashes on exit.

Maybe another possible solution for some of you.

Well, that turned out to be the issue. I do not have the full enbseries type files on my system but I had the FSX Night Vision associated with d3d9.dll. I simply deleted the file from my FSX main folder(but left the FSX config file intact as is) and on my very test flight, the CTD on exit did not occur. I will be running several more tests to make sure but thus far, this seems to be a case where there was some kind of cross conflict between the A319 and the d3d9.dll. Also for reference, I had a similar issue a while back with FSRecorder's files interfering with some addons which triggered odd behaviors and CTD's at times.

Update, ran a short but full systems flight after removing the d3d9.dll. I deliberately paused and also opened the FSX menu during the flight and post landing and no CTD's or odd behaviors.

Thanks again to you Greitza for highlighting this issue which maybe can help further identify certain addon files which can conflict with each other sometimes. I keep the FSX Night Vision files including d3d9.dll in an isolation folder so I can use it with some Military type addons. I just have to remove it whenever I am using the A319 but that's not a big deal to do.

• Aerosoft

I solved the problem :)

when I fly FSX in window mode I have no CTD anymore !

Now the Airbus works perfectly thanks Aerosoft for the great support !

How odd! We learn something new about FSX every day.

But great to see it fixed. I always fly FSX in windowed mode as it smoother that way.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61472.0, Zeitstempel: 0x475e17d3
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FMGS.DLL_unloaded, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x54573c1e
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x1f86a9cd
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1a4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d004520d6b5190
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Spiele\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: FMGS.DLL
Berichtskennung: 5f650508-7054-11e4-801e-448a5b9ab8a9

Hi!

I think I have found a reason/incompatibility for the craches. When I have the FSUIPC4.dll (Version 4.937) installed, I get exit-crashes (like the one above) every time any of the Airbusses were loaded.

Without the FSUIPC4 everything works fine.

EDIT: I will try it tomorrow by using the window mode like Dustie66.

Greetings everyone,

Background history first, I install everything from 0 including Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits, I install FSX, bought the buses (A318, A319, A320 and A321 on Saturday) and did a test flight MEX-CUN after landing and parking I wanted to exit and I got my screen White and then the error FSX has stopped working. I install the hotfix avialable on the fórum and just finish a 50 minutes flight MEX-GDL and after trying to exit again CTD.

Some details:

I do not use enbseries and I couldn't find the d3d9.dll mention on another post.

I use FSX on window mode

I do have FSUIPC but IIRC my first flight to CUN was done with FSUIPC, I need to recheck

As mentioned above I have install hotfix

Greetings.

post-122151-0-32433500-1416458576_thumb.

No, I haven't test with any other aircraft, I will test with a default aircraft and install my iFly 737 to perform another test. Will report tomorrow or on saturday.

thanks!

Kind Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why would people insert that tweak?

Must admit that I use this tweak too as "DisablePreload=1", as FSX starts faster and smoother and I have zero problems.

So another mystery of FSX.

Archived