Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand correctly? release will be on Tuesday?

No. Mathijs has said that he will look to set a release date on Tuesday not that the product will be released then.

This is the Airbus X Ext. Previewthread.. i would not expect that anyone here will publish information about an upcoming scenery. There will be a previewthread for Dubai, when it is almost finished.

Please let us stay on topic.

Um, we are on topic....?? I praised the Airbus Extended video!!! And the Airbus Extended video features a mystery Dubai scenery, so both the Airbus Extended video and a mystery dubai scenery used in the Airbus Extended video I believe is relevant to the Airbus Extended thread.

As you were....

Am i the only one who feels sorry for the programmer trying to solve the Bug..this must be an absolute nightmare for him. :help_s:

i reckon anyone mentions the name Airbus to him after this is finished will probably get bashed. :mallet_s:

steve-0 :)

Hey guys, you'll notice some posts have been hidden or moved. Please, do not take offense, post again, or PM us complaining about it. It is solely for the purpose of keeping this thread as short and informative as possible. You'll easily remember how long these threads can get if you look at Previews 1 and 2, and therefore how hard it can be for new members to find relevant information and the answers to their questions.

Any comments about the new official video have been moved to the dedicated thread for the video here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/58953-fsx-aerosoft-official-airbus-x-extended-video/

Please let's keep on topic here, and stick to asking relevant information seeking questions about the Airbus X Extended, and we'll be happy to answer!

Hey guys, you'll notice some posts have been hidden or moved. Please, do not take offense, post again, or PM us complaining about it. It is solely for the purpose of keeping this thread as short and informative as possible. You'll easily remember how long these threads can get if you look at Previews 1 and 2, and therefore how hard it can be for new members to find relevant information and the answers to their questions.

Any comments about the new official video have been moved to the dedicated thread for the video here: http://forum.aerosof...extended-video/

Please let's keep on topic here, and stick to asking relevant information seeking questions about the Airbus X Extended, and we'll be happy to answer!

I understand and even appreciate this, but why did you delete my explanation, that aircraft are female? :(

Can some one recommend a joystick with throttle that will work good with this aircraft. cheap pls!!! i use ebay!!

I know the Saitek X52 has been recommended a few times by beta testers and Mathijs himself, but it's not the cheapest joystick, not sure how much you want to spend. Should be able to find a few on eBay though :)

Can some one recommend a joystick with throttle that will work good with this aircraft. cheap pls!!! i use ebay!!

I use the G940 system (Sidestick, Throttle & Pedals) and our bus loves it. But X52 is a good choice too. It's up to you mate because you have the last call ;)

i bought this one years ago in anticipation of a good Airbus for FSX: http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=02178&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=german

i bought this one years ago in anticipation of a good Airbus for FSX: http://www.shop.aero...language=german

He said 'with throttle'......

I'm using the X-52 too, very nice device. Can't tell you wether the new X-52 Pro is as good as the old one.

Anyone any experience with the new one compared to the old one? I've read that it's much lower on weight (in this case not that good).

• Deputy Sheriffs

I understand and even appreciate this, but why did you delete my explanation, that aircraft are female? :(

Daniel, as Kyle already mentioned, don't take it offense. But this topic should stay "on topic" and that means topic is "Airbus X Extended" and questions related to it. Everything else (like is an aircraft male or female ;) )can be discussed and talked about in the "Radio Chatter" section within the "General" forum.

Good and cheap dont go, if you want good you have to pay your money. As for the best joystick and throttle, the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas with out a doubt. Nothing else comes close. Im sure they might come up on ebay s/h.

Good and cheap dont go, if you want good you have to pay your money. As for the best joystick and throttle, the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas with out a doubt. Nothing else comes close. Im sure they might come up on ebay s/h.

Not true. Logitech 3D joystick(40€?) is the best under 100€ for Airbus. After that comes homemade.

Not true. Logitech 3D joystick(40€?) is the best under 100€ for Airbus. After that comes homemade.

I have one and it's pretty good. Decent stick movement, fair few buttons that can be assigned, comes with a throttle but it's very small, hardware wise a proper throttle quadrant would be the next thing I'd want for FSX I think.

Logitech 3D Extreme Pro is great... has slight lean forward angle similar to a real side stick... i have only programmed the thumb button to emulate the AP disconnect....dont use the throttle as use a Saitek throttle house in a special homemade unit...

Only thing with the 3D Pro is that you have to fly as the FO...mde for the RH... if i need to, i can use my CH Flight Stick as can be used for left or right hand...

I googled and spent much time on the net trying to find a 'real' sidestick for PC... came close with a Canadian company which made true to life sidesticks but at $1200.00 there was no way i could justify it... other than that its slim pickings for a decent sidestick!

Logitech 3D Extreme Pro is great... has slight lean forward angle similar to a real side stick... i have only programmed the thumb button to emulate the AP disconnect....dont use the throttle as use a Saitek throttle house in a special homemade unit...

Only thing with the 3D Pro is that you have to fly as the FO...mde for the RH... if i need to, i can use my CH Flight Stick as can be used for left or right hand...

I googled and spent much time on the net trying to find a 'real' sidestick for PC... came close with a Canadian company which made true to life sidesticks but at $1200.00 there was no way i could justify it... other than that its slim pickings for a decent sidestick!

I fly the 3D only with my left hand. Dont have any problems with that. I also have saitek quadrant for throttles.

Maybe the Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick would be good. It can be changed to be used as a right or left handed (ambidextrous) joystick. ;)

I am using a Logitech ATK3 for my ultimate Airbus experience.

It is both-handed and seems to work great with the FBW system.

There is no hat switch however if someone cares.

Neither the rudder twist, but other than that it's a real nice quality and has got a really stable rubber base. It's really recommended for a low cost joystick but it should go with a throttle quadrant and rudder pedals...

Archived