Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

That's a bingo! Do you call it that in English? LOL

LAM holding with a SIA A380 below us. I must have like 500 hours just in that LAM holding. It's is the best place to get nice air to air pics of aircraft. And the occasional GPWS call out. B)

That was my first thought LAM.

Just wasn't sure if LAM was the FL140 holding.

BTW which airline do you fly?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK.. So real airliner pilots are here. BTW Why do they play FSX?

If I have to play some kind of my job simulator, I would hate it.

Euro truck2 is good game for me. but for real trucker? They gonna hate it..

I still fly FSX since I am passionate about all things aviation. I was a simmer before becoming an airline pilot, why would that change just because I've changed my job? Simming has also made me lots of friends world wide, the community surrounding our hobby is second to none in my opinion.

I still fly FSX since I am passionate about all things aviation. I was a simmer before becoming an airline pilot, why would that change just because I've changed my job? Simming has also made me lots of friends world wide, the community surrounding our hobby is second to none in my opinion.

Nicely said, people who invest the time and money into becoming airline pilots are passionate, you don't get someone doing it just as a job. :D On one of my dvd's from Just planes, an a340 captain says he plays FS9 all the time. I notice you are from leeds, does this mean you are based at leeds bradford? :) May I ask which airline you fly for?

Let's stay on topic here... You can discuss this via Private messages or the radio chatter forum.

(Please don't take this offensive, but this thread is intended to inform about the Airbus X Ext.)

So whats wrong with the post i made that had the date for the box release ? Its on the pre-order part on the aerosim page so i dont see why my post was removed.

This is about Airbus X Extended.

I was looking at buying this plane but if post get removed like the last one and this one would be as well ill not buy it.

So whats wrong with the post i made that had the date for the box release ? Its on the pre-order part on the aerosim page so i dont see why my post was removed.

This is about Airbus X Extended.

I was looking at buying this plane but if post get removed like the last one and this one would be as well ill not buy it.

Because, the box release date is not the TRUE release date. Therefore, it is not appropriate right now because it leads to other users thinking that it is something official. You are more than welcome to post a link to the pre-order for the box, but please refrain from adding a release date, since it will be misinterpreted.

Why not?

In Israel, EL AL uses FSX to train pilots even, and alot of pilots are flying FSX/FS2004 and using VATSIM/VATIL(ISRAELI VATSIM)

Joshua and I went on a little Airbus X Extended bimble tonight......thought we'd share some shots!

79630521.png

55138449.png

51415241.png

68268165.png

92155008.png

46446327.png

40605495.png

12057959.png

11363679.png

90736194.png

16358890.png

25660600.png

97501866.png

As always, everything you see is a WIP. Addons used are Aerosoft's Bari X, Aerosoft Corfu X, and AS2012! Hope you enjoyed!

Thank you guys, great pictures. Any reason why the approach is not aligned in the 10th picture?

That is the VOR/DME 35 approach in to LGKR. The inbound course is 346 (GAR 166 radial), which makes it an offset approach to the runway. Typically, you will fly to the MDA, then, once visual contact is made with the runway, you will align yourself accordingly and visually. Since you don't change the radial course that you input (unless you go-around), then you'll see the actual displacement of the true runway course versus the final approach course on the VOR radial.

Here is a picture of the approach plate, you can see the offset (slightly) graphically:

lgkr35.jpg

EDIT: One last thing I would add is that the charts I have for LGKR are old, from '07, so that exacerbates the offset due to magnetic variation changing. Many VOR approaches are very offset of the runway, the LGIR VOR 09 comes to mind, as well as the LFMN VOR 22.

Joshua and I went on a little Airbus X Extended bimble tonight......thought we'd share some shots!

As always, everything you see is a WIP. Addons used are Aerosoft's Bari X, Aerosoft Corfu X, and AS2012! Hope you enjoyed!

thanks for the excellent shots :). did you encounter any LNAV issues during your flight?

thanks for the excellent shots :). did you encounter any LNAV issues during your flight?

Of course. As for LNAV issues, no, but with a stipulation- We didn't do full flightplans, just LIBD, runway 25, direct to the VOR 35 at LGKR. So, not a lot of room to find issues LOL, so there were none. Also, we did a fair amount of manual flying for the screenshots, but used FPA and VOR LOC for the approach until MDA, then manually took it in.

It's still coming along nicely, each day brings new revs, and therefore more testing, and better-yet, sometimes more improvements ;) . I'm sure once Mathijs is back and caught up, he'll give you some official word on the current status.

It's still coming along nicely, each day brings new revs, and therefore more testing, and better-yet, sometimes more improvements ;) . I'm sure once Mathijs is back and caught up, he'll give you some official word on the current status.

thank you sir for the updates and for your hard efforts in testing the product as this could be fun in the beginning but really hectic sometimes.. I have no doubt that thanks to you and the huge efforts of everyone involved in the project, Aerosoft will as usual deliver outstanding products :)

I love the shots :D

Yeah, nice shots. You should have washed the aircraft before taking pictures though. They look pretty dirty. :chairfall_s:

Yeah, nice shots. You should have washed the aircraft before taking pictures though. They look pretty dirty. :chairfall_s:

When they get tested this hard....no time for the car wash.

Wait, plane wash. :lol:

Any reason why the approach is not aligned in the 10th picture?

According to current Navigraph charts, any LGKR VOR35 approach is 3 degrees offset from the runway (343 is the 108.8 GAR VOR, 346 is the runway).

Hi guys,

I have noticed that Extended Airbus X will require Windows 7 fully updated. Is it only recommended as it won't work with Win 7 without any SP ?

I'm asking as I never installed any updates since my Win 7 Ultimate works perfect without any Service Microsoft Packs which usually doesn't fix anything ;) . To be honest don't want to mess up my PC with some SP1 as I know from my Help Desk experience how many troubles usually it brings. I have my PC set only for FSX (it is only connected to the internet if I really need) and really afraid to install everything once again in case SP from Win will "improve" my OS.

Many thanks for any piece of informations.

Kind regards

Jay

My guess is that windows 7 testing has been on machines with the latest updates. It is more than likely that it will operate without any problems on older versions of the windows 7 OS. Just as it is just as likely to work in the future with updates as they occur. I could be wrong but I think the biggest problem isn't the addon, it is how FSX reacts to operating system changes.

Craig

Hello

My next question is for beta tester and developer

I dislike the orange light effect for the passengers cabin so, after the release

i would like change this.

it's possible to know how to call the .dds file ?

Thanks you so much

good day

Archived