Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Thank you guys, great pictures. Any reason why the approach is not aligned in the 10th picture?

Despite the other answers, don't forget that a VOR station can't stand on the runway :P

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That VOR captured screen shot is very beautiful.

BTW I don't like ILS, VOR approch because I should input ILS, VOR frq. it's annoying.

Why do people use the ILS and VOR in fsx?

Just see and turn around your airplane then see the runway and think and control and land. it's simple. Isn't it?

Because of Airbus X has very smooth high frame rate, it is more easy to visual landing.

BTW I don't like ILS, VOR approch because I should input ILS, VOR frq. it's annoying.

Just see and turn around your airplane then see the runway and think and control and land. it's simple. Isn't it?

Because many ILS don't have a DME. So if you want to know your distance to the runway the only solution is the VOR. Also you don't always have your runway insight, expecially if there's bad weather like in winter conditions propably even with snow and low clouds,.

Because of Airbus X has very smooth high frame rate, it is more easy to visual landing.

I can see you will be one who will love the new FBW, it's great to take in manually! If something ever stopped working during testing, to the point I had to take control of it manually, I've never looked at that as a bad thing lol. Luckily though, you will have a choice when it's released, similar to its state now: ILS, VOR, FPA/TRK, or the good old lefts and rights.

I would like to see photos of the MCDU(both of them, the real one and the settings one)

Espcically when programing a route, its seems different in the X extended.

Thanks

I know this may sound like a daunting task, but I'm pretty sure I uploaded a bunch of photos, including a Dropbox link, of the left (actual) MCDU in the 2nd preview thread. You would just have to search through my posts/content to find it. If not, I'll see if I can wrangle it back up tonight and post a link. (This is of course unless another tester wants to grab and share some shots in the meantime)

I'll bet Paco knows where they are ;)

I know this may sound like a daunting task, but I'm pretty sure I uploaded a bunch of photos, including a Dropbox link, of the left (actual) MCDU in the 2nd preview thread. You would just have to search through my posts/content to find it. If not, I'll see if I can wrangle it back up tonight and post a link. (This is of course unless another tester wants to grab and share some shots in the meantime)

I'll bet Paco knows where they are ;)

Thank you, will search them

Many of my posts were erased too and I accept it as forum rules... no problem here..

[LOL MODE ENABLED]

when you make a post try to avoid these words:

When

Date

Tuesday

next week

Where's Mr K?

Release

Or you'll be erased by Arnold S.

[LOL MODE DISABLED]

Seriusly people stop bangin' Mathijs door, just wait, we all want the bus here, but in the meantime, please take a few minutes and enjoy this link:

https://www.dropbox....3l/g0r_nyvLPo?m

Thanks Kyle

Guys, what follows is my personal opinion and does not reflect anything said by Aerosoft or any official opinion.

I believe all this releasedate things are really unnecessary. I'd even be most happy if no releasedate would be set at all because in the end a release date only puts pressure on the developers and this is the last thing we need at the moment. Work on the ND/MCDU issue continues and comes along quite nicely, but in the end it can only be released when it's ready to be released. So while Mathijs could set a date it cant be sure we can hold it, just as it happened the last few times. Such a date is a nice to have thing, but it isn't worth anything in my point of view. Actually no developer made it to set such a date precisely and everyone released with known bugs. Some of them are not big problems and won't disturb the overall experience with the product, but others would completly destroy the experience and the fun flying. So while I can understand that you really want this Airbus you have to understand that there's still work to be done on bugs which can't be brought to a paying customer.

In end end, of cause only in my opinion, a releasedate should not be set, or at least not be made public in order to give the developer the freedom to take the time he needs to programm his part propably and it is in any case not good to put the developer under pressure. I know this from myself as I've been under special pressure during my last german exam and the result was more than bad and far below my usual results. As said, while I can understand that you all want a release as soon as possible I'd request you to be paitent and wait for this to be done within the time the developer needs, so that we all become a solid product, unlike the Wilco Airbusses, which was not rushed out to the customer just to meet a releasedate.

As written above, I do not say this as any official (Which I in fact not even am), but as a fellow simulator pilot and in the end as myself as a user.

Thank you for your understanding.

Guys, what follows is my personal opinion and does not reflect anything said by Aerosoft or any official opinion.

I believe all this releasedate things are really unnecessary.

]in order not to quote the whole essay. With all my respect. Mathjis as project leader mentioned that he will set a release date on tuesday although no one asked him to do so. But he's the PM and in my opinion and everyone else he has a 100% credibility. So based on this we have the right today to ask. And please not because some guys have the privilege to delete post they delete all posts in which we ask mathjis about the statement that we've been waiting for as promised. Thank you for respecting everyone. Of course if someone is insulting aerosoft or anyone of us I wouldve understood but not things that do not offend anyone. Thank you

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gents, again for those complaining about deleted posts. This is what Mathijs posted on 31. Oktober:

We got a German holiday tomorrow and the Flight sim show in the Netherlands this weekend, but when I get back next week (Tuesday) I will set a release date.

Meaning: When he is back on Tuesday, then he will set a release date. This does not mean "on" Tuesday.

Since this post there were over 50! posts regarding releasedate, comments on that and a view posts without any content!

So please dont take it offense when your post gets deleted (indeed only hidden), it is just to keep the topic clean. Think of all the users that subscribed to this topic and always gets alerts when somebody posts "When....".

Thanks for your understanding and support.

but the delay has only led to good things, since they were able to add new things that would've come in a sp :P

This, Tobias, is one of the best sentences I've read in this forum

Once again disappointed by Aerosoft ?

Seriously, considering the very weak number of editors in this world, you should make some recalculations....

or.. gently wait for this Level D B-757

or maybe wait for this extra secret FSL A 320 (not even showing external views cause its so secret and sensible)

or this Airsimmer new advanced A-320... ?

Come on !

Are you from Mars ?

Dom

ADX

Once again disappointed by Aerosoft ?

Seriously, considering the very weak number of editors in this world, you should make some recalculations....

or.. gently wait for this Level D B-757

or maybe wait for this extra secret FSL A 320 (not even showing external views cause its so secret and sensible)

or this Airsimmer new advanced A-320... ?

Come on !

Are you from Mars ?

Dom

ADX

Are you from The Land of the Great Big Twits or something? Don't be so offensive by asking things like "are you from mars?"

The guy is allowed his opinion.

Jeez - just chill everybody!

Maybe Mathijs is to occupied with the american election... :D

... or is just to tired, after a long FS-Weekend... Let the poor man breathe...

Good things come, to those who wait... :)

Jeez - just chill everybody!

Maybe Mathijs is to occupied with the american election... :D

... or is just to tired, after a long FS-Weekend... Let the poor man breathe...

Good things come, to those who wait... :)

well spoken, fellow scandinavian! Tonight it is all about politics anyway, hehe :)

Archived