Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

I am using the Saitek Pro Yoke and throttle quadrant that attaches at just the right height to my desk. It is not really a new gen Airbus contoller I know but I would buy one in a heartbeat. However I do not like how all the hardware has to sit on your desk which makes it really uncomfortable to fly. I wish that those who produce the hardware would come up with a mounting system like Saitek has. Hmm... I just thought of something. I once had a fellow make a unit each for a HOTAS Cougar stick and throttle out of 1/4" flat bar that I bolted to my office chair and it worked like a charm.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using the Saitek Pro Yoke and throttle quadrant that attaches at just the right height to my desk. It is not really a new gen Airbus contoller I know but I would buy one in a heartbeat. However I do not like how all the hardware has to sit on your desk which makes it really uncomfortable to fly. I wish that those who produce the hardware would come up with a mounting system like Saitek has. Hmm... I just thought of something. I once had a fellow make a unit each for a HOTAS Cougar stick and throttle out of 1/4" flat bar that I bolted to my office chair and it worked like a charm.

What I do is simply putting my joystick on a little cupboard in which my printer stands. I have tried around with several other devices to put it on, but finally this one profed to give the optimal hight for it. Now flying the Airbus is very easy and comfortable. So I recommend you simply to look around your house and see what you can find to put your stick on. It's simple and you don't have to spend valuable $$$ which you can better invest in some nice scenery or tools to use togeather with the Airbus X Extended which it finally comes.

A quick (and possibly a stupid) question. I have disabled auto trim in fsx.cfg. Should this setting be enabled for Extended X to work as designed?

I would think that it should make no difference at all but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

I am using a Logitech ATK3 for my ultimate Airbus experience.

It is both-handed and seems to work great with the FBW system.

There is no hat switch however if someone cares.

hey , btw whats with that airsimmer project? news for fsx? pm me to not get offtopic to much

It's really recommended for a low cost joystick but it should go with a throttle quadrant and rudder pedals...

Exactly, I forgot to mention I'm using it in my modest home cockpit with both throttles and pedals. ;)

For those here with a definitely larger FS budget, have a look here: http://www.fscockpit.eu/airbus.php

There is a much cheaper option but it is in Japan and it seems there is a problem with buying it overseas.

whats with that airsimmer project? news for fsx?

No, still only FS9. TBH I have no idea if there is an FSX version on day.

So for all the Airbus fans who want a good FSX bus now the Extended is the choice. <--- and here we come back on topic.

It will be a hit, no doubt.

Not sure if this can be answered, or it might be in the FAQ and I missed it, but regarding the MDCU being on an external edvice like a tablet, I believe I heard this, that it is done through the web, and if so, is it limited to certain browsers? I have an HP Touchpad I picked up back when they were going for $99, and I thought it would be a great fit for this.

Also, for the RAAS system, is the whole system in Metric? I do not know much about the RAAS system, but is it used in the US? And if so, is it in metric?

Thanks,

Tom

One thing that would be really awesome, was if the printer in the VC was funcional, and we could use it to print out arrival and airport info or whatever it does!

Probably not gonna happen, but man, that would be a killer function! :)

Hey Matt, one question over here.

Is going to be a 'users wishes' thread for SP1?

I mean real and useful wishes, not nonsense things like wing flex, co-pilot, wx/terrain radar and many other stuff that people wanted and, of course, never will be on SP1.

For that you'd have to ask Mathijs, unfortunately I couldn't answer that one. As I don't know how much of what was planned for SP1 has been integrated into what will become the initial release.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hey Matt, one question over here.

Is going to be a 'users wishes' thread for SP1?

I mean real and useful wishes, not nonsense things like wing flex, co-pilot, wx/terrain radar and many other stuff that people wanted and, of course, never will be on SP1.

Hi,

what do you mean by nonsense stuff mentioning "co-pilot". Please explain it a little bit more because a "co-pilot" functionality wii already be included in the release version. For details please have a look into the step-by-step guide.

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Will the 'fixed' ND also display the EDDF ILS 25L when selecting the wrong STAR like in the picture? :embaressed_s: Nice curves though.

But seriously; looking forward to the Bus! Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Dude

post-31765-0-89801600-1352141976_thumb.j

Archived