Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Will the Bus have Autoland and TCAS capability and also will we be able to add constraints into the flight plan on the FMGS for height and speed restrictions? Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

TCAS would be fine, including aural warnings like: "traffic, traffic" or "adjust vertical speed" etc.

Timo

• Upvote 2

I haven't read every post in this thread so apologies if this has been covered but will there be a 'simply fly' version so I can just press ctrl+E, push the throttle and fly without hours of pre-flight checks etc. At my age time is limited laugh.gif

• Upvote 2

I haven't read every post in this thread so apologies if this has been covered but will there be a 'simply fly' version so I can just press ctrl+E, push the throttle and fly without hours of pre-flight checks etc. At my age time is limited laugh.gif

Yes.

This is the actual purpose of this addon.

All aircraft systems though will be simulated in relative high detail, but the way the real Airbus is designed, means that little action has to be done by the pilot due to the high level of automation. This is also the way the Aerosoft Airbus will function.

For studying the Airbus 320 series of aircraft, You can visit: http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/airbus/A320/

Look into each system description like Aircond/Press/Vent etc.

Apart from abnormal situations, the Aerosoft Airbus will reflect these system describtions.

Finn

• Upvote 1

A little off topic but can any body recommend a joystick for the airbus? I only use a Yoke system at the moment and it would by nice to hear what would be preferred as to which 'side stick' to have for the bus. I guess a joystick that feels ok in the left hand would be a start, any ideas? :blink:

• Upvote 1

A little off topic but can any body recommend a joystick for the airbus? I only use a Yoke system at the moment and it would by nice to hear what would be preferred as to which 'side stick' to have for the bus. I guess a joystick that feels ok in the left hand would be a start, any ideas? blink.gif

hello,

The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro is feeling ok in the left hand.

• Upvote 1

+1!

So please gimme the PTU sound! B)

Timo

PS: A sound that no other developer has ever implemented is the "spool" sound of the

electric seat adjustment. It´s a very loud noise in Boeing- or Airbus-Cockpits.

Many addons have adjustable seats, but they all move silent.

One doesn't need the unrealistic audible cue for the PTU, as the ECAM displays the PTU message when it is running... there is your realistic visual cue...

Seat sounds, now that sounds realistic too! I would be up for those if they could be implemented... new term ear candy!

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Sure it will have FBW, because even the default Airbus has it.

But you don´t determine an angle with your stick input, but the roll rate

and the pitch.

That means, the more you push the sidestick to the left, the FASTER the plane

will roll to the left. If you release the sidestick, the roll-rate becomes zero again

and the plane will keep the bank-angle and the pitch.

And you can´t fly a looping or a roll with the airbus (under FBW) because the

Flight-Envelope-Protection determines the maximum pitch and bank angle.

Timo

Without going into too much detail, I do believe these flight manoeuvres are possible in the A320, as long as you are in Direct Law, or is it Alternate Law? Complicated, this Airbus FBW thingie... :D

When initiating the roll, a pitch change is necessary, but once the turn is established, a further change in pitch is not required. This is pretty much straight out of the FCOM, though not verbatim, for Normal Law...

So perhaps the question is as to whether Normal, Direct, and Alternate Law are going to be implemented. As far as I can tell, it is this stuff that has made the true simulation of Airbuses for FS the most difficult...

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Mr. Kok / Developers / Other Team Users,

Since you mentioned that this Airbus Project spun-out of a "Professional" development project, I was wondering if anyone has used/tested this (FCU320) product for FSX?

Found Here: http://www.cpflight.com/sito/dettagli/fcu320.asp

fcu_web0.jpg

I seriously considering purchasing either one of these (737 or A3x) and am debating wheather I should get the 737 one instead because I'm more firmilar with its operations. Since you are making an authentic Airbus model in FSX, I might consider getting the FCU instead. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

• Upvote 4

Really no news about this project so close to the release?

I would appreciate a little hint concerning the release-date

so that i have some time to uninstall the Wilco-Airbus... :D

(maybe i should do this anyway....)

Just kidding...

Timo

• Upvote 1

In the current developement phase there is really not alot to post screenshots about.

Progress is steady - new buttons switches etc. are added each day, as well as various aircraft system code are added.

Just because there is silence here, doesn´t mean that we are at a standstill - thats definitly not the case ;)

Best

Finn

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

This looks freaking awesome!

Can you tell when the release date will be? And is there anyway of beta testing this beast? :)

We got a few issues (one developer in hospital etc) but it still looks like more or less on schedule, say 6 weeks or so.

We got a few issues (one developer in hospital etc) but it still looks like more or less on schedule, say 6 weeks or so.

Aight, 6 weeks, i really can't wait for this bus! :)

• Upvote 1

On the new Captain Sim 767, there are very nice wear and tear textures on the wings. Is there anyway by default, there could be wear and tear on the wings of the Airbus? That's just another addition that makes everything more realistic.

Thanks,

Matt

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

On the new Captain Sim 767, there are very nice wear and tear textures on the wings. Is there anyway by default, there could be wear and tear on the wings of the Airbus? That's just another addition that makes everything more realistic.

Thanks,

Matt

Sure, don't expect it on the images I now will show because that stuff is always the last layer on top of the model.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hello!

Does it have flexible wings? Please say yes, it would really add a lot!

Yes it will, using our new system that allows the wings to behave more realistic then what is done on other models. For example more movement on the ground etc.

Yes it will, using our new system that allows the wings to behave more realistic then what is done on other models. For example more movement on the ground etc.

Yes!!! I hate it when you're taxiing and the wings are just sitting there!