Aerosoft A-321/320 project

So we have to operate the autopilot the way we always did it with the default airlines? I mean no complex things just altitude hold, VS hold, HDG hold, LOC, APP etc? Is that correct?

-> Aerosoft Airbus (from what ive seen)

> Very good visuals. The cockpit is a master piece.

> Systens (from what ive seen still being modeled but do seem to include some basic stuff)

> The project is gonna definately be a very good Airbus for FSX

-> Airsimmer Airbus

> Very good systems. Several reviews made by real world pilots say it all.

> Due to the complexity of the addon it has a slower development time...but have no doubts its as real as it gets.

What about the Wilco bus? I'm thinking the Aerosoft one would be a better polished FSX version of the Wilco product, rather than the Airsimmer Basic which is essentially a very complex A320 with missing FMGC features.

So we have to operate the autopilot the way we always did it with the default airlines? I mean no complex things just altitude hold, VS hold, HDG hold, LOC, APP etc? Is that correct?

No thats NOT correct !

You will get:

Heading aquire and hold

LNAV

NAV aquire and hold (VOR)

LOC aquire and hold

Altitude aquire and hold

VNAV (Simplified offcourse)

APP

Speed hold

Mach hold

Very much the same as the real Airbus.

Only the VNAV function won´t be 100% authentic.

Finn

What about the Wilco bus? I'm thinking the Aerosoft one would be a better polished FSX version of the Wilco product, rather than the Airsimmer Basic which is essentially a very complex A320 with missing FMGC features.

The Wilco and Aerosoft Airbus has nothing in common.

We are talking 3 seperate products.

Finn

Finn, two more questions please:

(sorry if this was answered before)

a ) Will the Airbus have operative throttle detents,

and if yes,

will there be the option to insert the FLEX TEMP anywhere

to make use of the FLX detent for takeoff?

(All airliners use derated takeoff thrust via a simulated

higher OAT to be less noisy and save the engines.

In Boeing´s FMS this is called "D-TO".

But it´s not allowed to "flex" more than 25% of maximum takeoff thrust.)

b ) Will there be a (maybe simplified) possibility to activate and

confirm the "approach phase" via the MCDU or otherwise?

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Timo

Hi Timo

The Airbus will have the detends modelled, but the level of realism we can add to this is still not known.

I would like to add Flex temp. as an option too, cause as You said, this is what normally is done in real life.

I´m not the coder for the MCDU, so I´m not sure what will be implementet, but some additional functions (pages), apart from the flightplan, are definitly needed, like Rad/Nav, Cruise altitude etc.

Finn

Although I hate to discuss the Airsimmer bus again, but I noticed that the it does not support any form of time compression.

Any idea whether the Aerosoft bus will support time compression?

I would like to really thank you guys at Aerosoft for being such profesionals and respect us (the customers) so well..... even in this economic hard times, you have so many companies that remains product centrickeeping the customer apart.. Did I say Airsimmer ? he he they just get what they deserve... LONG LIVE AEROSOFT !!!!!

Hello Finn and Mathijs,

can you already make a statement regarding the expectable frames-per-second?

Will this bus be comparable to any default or addon-aircraft ?

Timo

PS: If you need a beta-tester with a 3-years old middle-class PC, i´m yours... B)

Hello all, I have a few Airbuses from other developers and I have come across a common problem with them all, indeed it maybe an FSX bug or even the way I fly so if anybody can advise then please do so. The problem is flying the ILS approach, I like to disengage the autopilot 1000 feet AGL, and hand fly down to the runway, the aircraft holds the pitch very well untill reaching about 500 AGL and then it feels like the aircraft pitches up over the glideslope making correction with the side stick nearly impossible, infact the only way to correct this is by using the thrust lever to pitch the nose down again. The computed VAPP speed by the FMGC is used on approach and in fact if I use autopilot all the way down to minimums there isnt a problem its just when I hand fly (with the autothrust engaged) from a 1000 feet or above this problem reveals itself. My friend is an Airbus pilot (we both share the rent on a Cessna) and he has told me you best fly the Airbus with as little imput to the sidestick as possible and also in most cases with the thrust lever in the CL gate untill you retard on the runway, so to really pushdown on the sidestick or take the thrust levers out of the CL gate and manually control the pitch in this way goes against how the Airbus handles the approach. If Aerosoft is at BETA testing stage can one of the BETA testers try and hand fly the approach from 1000 AGL and see what the outcome is please? Like I said it maybe an FSX thing as Ive said before, the default jets in FSX sometimes has this problem but because they are not 'fly by wire' its actually easier to control because you are manually controlling the pitch and thrust anyway. Hope this helps in some way  :rolleyes:

Hello Kwiss,

just a thought:

Did you configure the ZFWCG on the second INIT-Page? Maybe it´s a weight-and-balance-problem?!

Your FBW overrides the wrong center of gravity, but as it switches to direct-law prior to landing

you have a sudden nose-up or nose-down tendency...

I did not have any problems with addon-aircraft, but a similar problem with the default A321.

And as you can´t change the CG of the default aircrafts, i had to increase the weight in the

rear compartments of the airbus to get a correct CG.

Regards,

Timo

Hello Kwiss,

just a thought:

Did you configure the ZFWCG on the second INIT-Page? Maybe it´s a weight-and-balance-problem?!

Your FBW overrides the wrong center of gravity, but as it switches to direct-law prior to landing

you have a sudden nose-up or nose-down tendency...

I did not have any problems with addon-aircraft, but a similar problem with the default A321.

And as you can´t change the CG of the default aircrafts, i had to increase the weight in the

rear compartments of the airbus to get a correct CG.

Regards,

Timo

I see what you are saying Timo, Ill try it, infact flying from Leeds/Bradford UK to Perpignan France in the Wilco 321 as I write, almost half way there (can't access the INIT page as you know, so Ill try it on the way back). I do have a simlar problem with FSX 737 and CRJ. I maybe wrong but I thought direct law switched in at minimums?

If thats the case it maybe a problem for the casual user?

Hello Finn and Mathijs,

can you already make a statement regarding the expectable frames-per-second?

Will this bus be comparable to any default or addon-aircraft ?

Timo

PS: If you need a beta-tester with a 3-years old middle-class PC, i´m yours... B)

I'd like to test too.

My sys:

ASUS Maximus III Formular

Intel i7 860 2.8GHz

Nividia 275 GTX 1GB

4GB DDR3 Ram :)

I see what you are saying Timo, Ill try it, infact flying from Leeds/Bradford UK to Perpignan France in the Wilco 321 as I write, almost half way there (can't access the INIT page as you know, so Ill try it on the way back). I do have a simlar problem with FSX 737 and CRJ. I maybe wrong but I thought direct law switched in at minimums?

If thats the case it maybe a problem for the casual user?

I have to correct myself. The airbus switches from "flight mode" to "flare mode" at 100 feet radio altitude in normal law.

This has nothing to do with the minimum altitude. I think this is just the decision altitude for a go-around.

The real direct-law just comes up if there are severe failures. Cactus 1549 landed in the hudson in direct-law.

But OK, if you have the same problem with the 737 and CRJ, i don´t think that´s an airbus-related problem.

Maybe a misaligned trim-wheel on your joystick?

Or try a manually set Vapp about 5-10 kts above the computed one. (I had similar problems with the Vapp in the Wilco A320)

Or maybe you are simply too heavy for landing?

Maybe it isn´t that easy....

Regards,

Timo

I have to correct myself. The airbus switches from "flight mode" to "flare mode" at 100 feet radio altitude in normal law.

This has nothing to do with the minimum altitude. I think this is just the decision altitude for a go-around.

The real direct-law just comes up if there are severe failures. Cactus 1549 landed in the hudson in direct-law.

But OK, if you have the same problem with the 737 and CRJ, i don´t think that´s an airbus-related problem.

Maybe a misaligned trim-wheel on your joystick?

Or try a manually set Vapp about 5-10 kts above the computed one. (I had similar problems with the Vapp in the Wilco A320)

Or maybe you are simply too heavy for landing?

Maybe it isn´t that easy....

Regards,

Timo

Thanks Timo Ill have a play around, certain its not hardware related, Ive heard other simmers with similar problems so Ill dig a little deeper  :rolleyes:

• Aerosoft

some new screens pls! =)... will the bus ready before christmas´?

We got a problem with planning as one of the main persons (Scott Printz) is in hospital after a car accident. Progress on all other parts is good but without knowing when the displays are completed it is hard to say.

We got one other problem as well. In our photoshoot we forgot to make good images if the structure/mechanism that extends the flaps. Its a bit complex to do a new shoot just for this. Is there anybody who's got images or diagrams? I trolled the net a bit but there is nothing really helpful easy to find. Ideally we need images from behind and below (not from above). Free products for those that can help us.