Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Mathijs is possible make a version of old cockpit A320?

http://www.airliners...c13daabb03f2dd5

http://www.airliners...7b5b26f1adeb375

Hm, first they had old style CRT´s, look here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=25956&st=0 (and scroll down)

But after the demand for the recent modern LCD´s, they developed the actual panel...

Timo

What models does the Airbus Project include? A318, A319, A320 and A321?

And what about the sound set? Will clicking a switch or button have a little sound effect? Will there be a nice set of sounds for the engines? (I don't own any Aerosoft planes yet so I don't know what quality they deliver). I am looking forward to this anyway :)

And what about the sound set? Will clicking a switch or button have a little sound effect? Will there be a nice set of sounds for the engines? (I don't own any Aerosoft planes yet so I don't know what quality they deliver). I am looking forward to this anyway :)

You are in for a treat then, Aerosoft are at the top of their game  :rolleyes: in simulation.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, I apologize if this question has already been asked, but which models will this pack include (a318, a319, a320...)

thanks-SJT375

None of the above. Only the 321 for now. The way we are doing it means that changing the model and VC for different models would mean weeks and weeks of work. Perhaps later.

And to be honest, I never understood this issue, one Airbus is like the next one (okay the A380 is different).

• Aerosoft

Yes, we even got sound recording of opening the windows and unfolding the tray. Not yet sorted out for the external sounds, but that will work out.

• Aerosoft

Will the FMGC be able to work out top of climb and top of decent like the real Airbus? :rolleyes:

Not a major point for this first project, but there might be a follow up. For now we are going not for full systems but for interaction and looks. Still pretty impressive systems though...

None of the above. Only the 321 for now. The way we are doing it means that changing the model and VC for different models would mean weeks and weeks of work. Perhaps later.

And to be honest, I never understood this issue, one Airbus is like the next one (okay the A380 is different).

well, they are different in size and range, but the VC is pretty much the same. Is this model going to be for fsx or fs2004, or both?

Not a major point for this first project, but there might be a follow up. For now we are going not for full systems but for interaction and looks. Still pretty impressive systems though...

Hello Mathijs,

as you described this project as something between the default aircraft and PMDG, i thought: OK, he will spare an extreme system depth like failures on different busses etc...Things "Otto-Normal-Simmer" would not need.

But if you even exclude the most basically parts of (vertical) navigation, how can we perform a simple realistic flight from A to B?

I´m happy as i know this airbus will be extremely eye- and ear-candy, but i hoped we can use it for a little bit

more than manual flying some traffic patterns.

And without TOC and TOD and some basic vertical navigation, there is no (inner) difference between your airbus and the default one, and with due respect, we all know that you can´t make a realistic flight without calculated climb- and descent-rate or without infos about the point on your route, where you have to start the descent.

So please add at minimum some basic VNAV-features. Be aware that especially the automatic flight-features are caracterizing the airbus-family.

Thanks and regards,

Timo

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

well, they are different in size and range, but the VC is pretty much the same. Is this model going to be for fsx or fs2004, or both?

You would be surprised about the differences. Weeks of extra work. And this is pure FSX, we would have to remove 75% of the current vertices/polygons to be able to compile this for FSX.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

as you described this project as something between the default aircraft and PMDG, i thought: OK, he will spare an extreme system depth like failures on different busses etc...Things "Otto-Normal-Simmer" would not need.

But if you even exclude the most basically parts of (vertical) navigation, how can we perform a simple realistic flight from A to B?

I´m happy as i know this airbus will be extremely eye- and ear-candy, but i hoped we can use it for a little bit

more than manual flying some traffic patterns.

And without TOC and TOD and some basic vertical navigation, there is no (inner) difference between your airbus and the default one, and with due respect, we all know that you can´t make a realistic flight without calculated climb- and descent-rate or without infos about the point on your route, where you have to start the descent.

So please add at minimum some basic VNAV-features. Be aware that especially the automatic flight-features are caracterizing the airbus-family.

Thanks and regards,

Timo

TOD, TOC, Vertical Navigation, VNAV, want to guess how many of the intended audience knows these terms? I know, that's what the market research told us. Not a lot. As Finn said there will be some parts of this included for sure. But believe me, there is a lot of difference left between the default Airbus and this one without it! Also, we discussed this a lot with Airbus pilots. And in the crowded flight environment they normally operate in it is ATC that determines vertical navigation far more then the optimal settings the systems can calculate.

But don't worry to much about these things right now.

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Mathijs would it be possible to show us a short little video? to see the quality? but why do you build an a321 and not the a320. we already have the default a321?

TOD, TOC, Vertical Navigation, VNAV, want to guess how many of the intended audience knows these terms? I know, that's what the market research told us. Not a lot.

...and nevertheless you implemented complicated ECAM-systems like cabin pressure, inoperative hydraulic systems, bleed air, packs and F/CTL´s as we can see in Finn´s screenshots???

Do you think the "intended" audience can handle these?

And do customers with basic jet-aviation-knowledge not also count to the intended audience?

Don´t get me wrong. I´m looking forward to fly this baby and i really wish that it can replace the wilco bus in my hangar - and not only regarding eye- and earcandy....

Regards,

Timo

...and nevertheless you implemented complicated ECAM-systems like cabin pressure, inoperative hydraulic systems, bleed air, packs and F/CTL´s as we can see in Finn´s screenshots???

Do you think the "intended" audience can handle these? And do the members of this forum count to the intended audience?

Don´t get me wrong. I´m looking forward to fly this baby and i really wish that it can replace the wilco bus in my hangar - and not only regarding eye- and earcandy....

Regards,

Timo

The ECAM's are indeed quite complex... BUT !!

In normal flight, all aircraft systems like, hydraulic, fuel, electrical, bleedair, F/CTL, wheels and brakes are highly automated.

Infact there is very little to do on the overhead under normal circumstances.

The ECAM just shows the current state of the afore mentioned systems.

This means that the "Otto-Normal-Simmer" will have no problem with those systems, since normally the controls for these almost never are touched, but are set in "Auto" mode.

The comprehensive ECAM though can be a good starting point for this "Otto-Normal-Simmer" to learn about the various aircraft systems, simply by monitoring the various system pages, wich also are called automaticly, based on current flight phase.

Learning to program a MCDU, as well as getting into deeps with terms like Airroutes, SIDS, STARS, Cost index, contraints etc. is a different deal.

The Airbus will do most things for You, even remind You if You missed something during the various phases of flight - that makes it an easy aircraft for the beginner, as well as those who have been flightsimmers for years, but don´t have the time or interest to go through a complete preflight planning, determing weather, route, SID, STAR, fuel and MCDU setup.

We strongly believe that there is a market for this, even a bigger market than a fully simulated Airbus.

Personally I like those high end (system wise) addons alot.

I have no troubles with the PMDG MD-11 or Boeing 747-400, but I have been very lucky to have learned the systems bit by bit as they where introduced during the history of FS developement.

Being a newcomer to FS today is very different, since everything is available at once, meaning a learning curver too steep for the "Otto-Normal-Simmer" to climb. Most will probably give up and feel frustrated.

Why not give them a chance to have a high quality, but much easier accesible addon that at the same time can educate them without becomming frustrated. They will be able to complete a flight from A-B and learn something underway.

Finn

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for your comprehensive answer, Finn.

I agree with you! There is a market niche for complex flight sims

(remember Hardy Heinlin´s precision simulator!) and a (much bigger)

market niche for some more incomplex, but eye-candy flight-simming before

the wife is calling for dinner... :rolleyes:

(I reside in both markets, but more often in the second one...)

Another question as this project is coming to it´s end:

Can you still confirm that the airbus is compatible with

most hardware like goflight modules etc.?

Thanks and regards,

Timo

Why not give them a chance to have a high quality, but much easier accesible addon that at the same time can educate them without becomming frustrated. They will be able to complete a flight from A-B and learn something underway

Very wise words if you ask me. I also think such medium-complexity products are necessary (and promising from the sales point of view).

I agree even though I almost exclusively fly so-called hardcore addons myself (PMDG, LVLD, DAF100. LH MD 2008).

Participating in many FS fora I realize pilots like me are just a fraction of the total.

Additionally I more and more agree with what Mathijs wrote to me some time ago somwhere here in the forum.

It was about the importance of quality graphics. I admit time flies, things change and computer technology (both hardware and software) go forward continuously. Today addon aircaft which fly fine but don't look fine are less attractive to customer simmers. Though I still pay most attention to the systems and FDE simulation, I also confess visuals mean a lot. Anyway in reality (that we care for) planes DO look great, don't they? And we love them for it.

Good luck with this project, Aerosoft!

I have wilcos Airbus and I have CLS Airbus and yes the Wilco is buggy on my system and CLS exterior looks great but systems are boring in that its on the same level as the default Airbus so Im happy that by the sound of it the Aerosoft airbus is in between the two,  Would it be possible to have an addon pack that updates the  Airbus systems to a higher level of complexity something similar to the choice we have with the Wilco range (Beginner, intermidiate and professional)? 

• Upvote 1

I just hope you at least put in the Level Change feature. I fly the default 737 a lot, because it looks better (especially on the inside) than any payware 737. But i really miss this LVL/Ch function. Setting VS and IAS is very unrealistic climb wise, so I set my climb power and play with VS till it holds 280 knots.