Unlikely. Just look at the H-1, it had a few weeks of beta between completion and release. The VC of the Cat isn't even finished so I doubt a mid october release. Maybe towards the end of October. Look at the Bushhawk, it looks much more complete and progressed and looks at an October release.

The Cat is on hold until the F-16 is done. I just needed the man power on that project. Work will resume in about two weeks.

I think Aerosoft is secretly building the Catalina for FSXI, and they're just stringing us all along two weeks at a time. <_<

(Kidding, of course. Looking forward to some VC shots in a few weeks. Would love to be flying her by mid-November when I have some time off!)

I think Aerosoft is secretly building the Catalina for FSXI, and they're just stringing us all along two weeks at a time.

Yep..

And Elvis lives together with John F. Kennedy in Area 51, near the place where they filmed the moonlandings, only waiting for their comeback...

....more conspiracy theories ?

Yep..

And Elvis lives together with John F. Kennedy in Area 51, near the place where they filmed the moonlandings, only waiting for their comeback...

....more conspiracy theories ?

They say that US government knew about 9.11. and they proof it by folding one dollar bill in a way that you can see smoking twin towers in the bill or something like that :lol:

This aircraft looks really outstanding, this will be a joy to fly when it arrives.

I just have on opinion, the propeller tips seems to be a bit to pointy.

I guess there was different types of propellers fitted to this machine, but they on the screenies look kind of funny.

Cant wait to fly it!

This aircraft looks really outstanding, this will be a joy to fly when it arrives.

I just have on opinion, the propeller tips seems to be a bit to pointy.

I guess there was different types of propellers fitted to this machine, but they on the screenies look kind of funny.

Cant wait to fly it!

You are correct, it is reported bug and should be corrected when the developing begins again.

• 2 weeks later...

It's on hold as far as I read till the F-16 has been pushed out of the hangar. And then there is a VC to develop. I'd love to fly the Cat myself but I fear it will be an early-2009- affair. Wasn't the team of the H-1 behind the Cat? That pretty much guarentees an instant classic. Let's wait and see.

I just hope that they don't get too carried away. I've been waiting for this beauty for a long, long time; and I would hate to have it spoiled by an overly-resource-hungry model or textures. If they can keep the performance similar to the Twin Otter or the Beaver, I will be one happy customer. If the Catalina is pushing the limits like the Bush Hawk or the F-16 seem to, I guess my waiting will have been in vain. :unsure:

I just hope that they don't get too carried away. I've been waiting for this beauty for a long, long time; and I would hate to have it spoiled by an overly-resource-hungry model or textures. If they can keep the performance similar to the Twin Otter or the Beaver, I will be one happy customer. If the Catalina is pushing the limits like the Bush Hawk or the F-16 seem to, I guess my waiting will have been in vain. :unsure:

Yes, rather too many developers want to give us a correctly painted and modelled interior to the tailcone without realising the basic requirement is to keep things as small as possible. Only adding features when defined as `necessary` may well result in a better package. Failing that, defining a loading utility that enables the user who wants to metaphorically crawl into the tailcone to inspect the sizes of the stringers and make sure it's the correct shade of primer to do so, but allows the less anally-retentive user to do something else with the CPU cycles - like fly a smooth fps-friendly VC in a model that correctly replicates the engine and flying characteristics of the chosen aircraft. The Twotter and Beaver epitomise this process when its done right, the new Bush Hawk seems to be the evidence about what happens when it's done wrong and the developers get carried away...

Certainly, given the success of the `all-inclusive` detailed models such as the H-1 or the A2A 377 it makes no sense to go to that level of complexity if you can't do it justice, but there's much more to a successful FSX addon than making it a picture-perfect representation, down to the last nut and rivet.

I shall expect, for example, to be able to moor my flying boat to a buoy, so it doesn't wander in the breeze or on the tide, although it should weathercock into wind. That has never been done in FSX, and there was a quite complex, yet specific process required to moor the Cat. As the Cat didn't have flaps or other high-lift devices, no wing-folding (apart from the floats) and comparatively few `complex ` animations such as bomb doors, ram air turbines, flexing wings there are `spare` resources that could be utilised to achieve this level of animation...

Lateral thought, rather than complicated texturing, would be my first choice on this unusual product...

Update... now the F16 is completed work on the Catalina will start on Monday morning. The VC is what will be completed first.

Am I glad to hear that. Do you have any deadline set for the release of the Cat, Mathijs ? As you may remember, this is another must-buy to me...!

Since I'm pretty excited about this magnificent project, I wonder or there aren't some beta shots (whether captured by Nick, or by someone else)...? I'm really looking forward to flying this machine...

Still waiting for updates here, could be a little time yet before the next beta is ready. You can be sure that when something new is ready, somebody will post them here ;)