Catalina PBY-5 (on beaching gear) in better textures now

Cat_17.jpg

Catalina PBY-5A ready for take-off

Cat_18.jpg

One of the weirdest aircraft around, but I just love this view

Cat_19.jpg

Detail... lot's of detail.

Cat_20.jpg

And the FSX effects with bumps and aircraft self-shadowing really work on this older types of aircraft, FS2004 would show this aircraft not nearly as crisp and 3d like.

Cat_21.jpg

One more for the road.

Project 100% on schedule, release in September. Next model to to be done the PBY-6 before we do the civil versions.

Oh goodness, the detail is insane. Those are some mighty impressive shots. How is the VC coming along? Besides, how many models will be there? I counted quite a few. This looks like a new must have package indeed. Keep up the great work! Don'g forget the gliders though :D

Oh goodness, the detail is insane. Those are some mighty impressive shots. How is the VC coming along? Besides, how many models will be there? I counted quite a few. This looks like a new must have package indeed. Keep up the great work!

Holy...I'll second that! This will become one of the 'classic' packages of Aerosoft - that's what I'm thinking - comparable to the Beaver, Twin Otter, Do-27,...

• Aerosoft
Oh goodness, the detail is insane. Those are some mighty impressive shots. How is the VC coming along? Besides, how many models will be there? I counted quite a few. This looks like a new must have package indeed. Keep up the great work! Don'g forget the gliders though :D

The gliders (like the F-16, A-10 etc) are not from the same development team, so don't worry. There will be:

• PBY-5 (mil)
  • PBY-5A (mil)
  • PBY-5A (civil)
  • PBY-6 (mil)
  • PBY-6 (civil)

Work on the VC has bearly started, but it will be like the H-1 (not like the F-16 as FPS is very important in this project). There will be 2 VC, one period and one 'modern'.

Wow, the H-1 has one of the best VCs I've ever seen. If the Cat receives the same magic this package will set new standards. The exterior looks already stunning. There are no bump maps in place yet are they?

• Aerosoft
Holy...I'll second that! This will become one of the 'classic' packages of Aerosoft - that's what I'm thinking - comparable to the Beaver, Twin Otter, Do-27,...

Yes same idea as the Twin Otter and the Beaver, not really the DO-27, that one is less 'wide' but more in depth and aimed at near total realism. With the huge variety of Cats out there we are looking for a project that is highly realistic without actually being a simulation of any existing aircraft (just like the Twin Otter and the Beaver done).

• Aerosoft
Wow, the H-1 has one of the best VCs I've ever seen. If the Cat receives the same magic this package will set new standards. The exterior looks already stunning. There are no bump maps in place yet are they?

Well, it's a big aircraft so you would not see it easy on the overview images, but bumps are there, here you see the same bit of fuselage in different times of day and a different angle. Some bits still need some tweaking (and my screenshots are pretty #####ty on AA as you can see in the antenna wires) but it sure shows why our aircraft developers love FSX.

bump3.jpg

bump4.jpg

Edit.... images replaced after Nick helped me with AA settings. Not his standard, but sure it's better.

Man Nick, that first and third shot are absolutely great! Last one too but there's one funny looking cloud hehe. But really, can't wait to fly these beauties! :D

Oh god, I guess my blood pressure just went though the roof. The fourth pic is now my desktop background. :)

What dimensions are your desktop?

If you are part of the beta, yep...

Hi Mathijs

I was a member of the original (almost prehistoric... :lol: ) beta team, and you have stated earlier that the PBY-6 model will partly be based on the information I have sent you, so I think it would be natural, don't you?

Regards

Kim

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs

I was a member of the original (almost prehistoric... :lol: ) beta team, and you have stated earlier that the PBY-6 model will partly be based on the information I have sent you, so I think it would be natural, don't you?

Regards

Kim

You should see the beta forum now.

No after F-16, but close after it. The F-16 is going into a beta cycle right now and Tim will start on the A-10 this monday while that's done.

Thank you.

that means I need to read many pages of menus in a pretty short time. That will be a arduous task but I am very very happy to face this one :rolleyes: .

beautiful screenshots

Today the PBY-6A tail was done and this model was send to the pain shop, full pictures tomorrow or soon after. Fully on schedule!

The pain shop...!?

...is this a place where the aircraft add-ons will be crucified and tortured... :lol:

...I don't hope so.

The Catalina screenshots are really wonderfull, I can't wait to see the first pictures from the VC...

Regards

Bernd