CRJ SU5 speed issue

davidnorfolk96

Hello all, so i've noticed in the CRJ the speed changes quite late & isn't fluid when it moves. it struggles to keep the plane straight because of this. Obviously it's only just been released however i thought i'd pass on my findings to you guys.

Cheers  

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also experiencing this. Makes the plane a pretty unenjoyable experience. It gets stuck on a speed and then changes abrubtly, gets stuck at another speed for a while and so on. Hope we can get a fix asap (before the marketpalce update on Friday *cough*)

20 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are uploading the new versions. No need to report these things at this moment.

Fantastic! Does this include fixes for issues not caused by SU5 as well? Any chance of the 900/1000? :)

I have some problems too. I hope there will be an update to include them. Here is what I quickly noticed. I tried deleting and reinstalling once but trying to help again.

* I cannot supply electricity because the EFB is not working.
*HUD was initially left on. After deleting and installing it won't open at all.
*All lights start in the lit position.
*No controls are working. (Saitek yoke and throttle
*Some keys are non-functional. Fuel pump, APU etc.

Update; I think, The plane is only loaded as a model. Front wheel facing left. As in the first posts, activities are not active.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are uploading the new versions. No need to report these things at this moment.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Any chance you could inform us when the update will be released?

12 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

Any chance you could inform us when the update will be released?

Also looking forwards to the update. The CRJ is still the plane that is carrying the sim for me, more than the DC-6 or FBW.

Hello,

Same problem here, the plane is totally out of control with these temporal speed jumps ...

In addition, I also noticed that the buttons to align the HDG, Speed ... are no longer clickable ...

Thank you for your work !

• Developer

So, we were able to track down the cause of the issue this morning and we can offer a temporary workaround which brings the airspeed indicators back to life. Please check out the attached PDF. Any feedback is of course very welcome.

Workaround the stuck airspeed indicator issue.pdf

• Aerosoft
59 minutes ago, awf said:

Ok thanks Hans appreciated as for fast compiling in my case isn't different regarding gauge readiness, it works just fine (have a pretty fast system) now of to some flying...

I think 'fast' compiling is about how long the compilation takes, not how fast the resulting code is. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think 'fast' compiling is about how long the compilation takes, not how fast the resulting code is. 

That was what I mend, maybe not clear enough 😉

Dear Hans,

Thanks for the workaround.

The work around is only working in the 550 for me, not in the 700....what can that be?

Retarted several times, tried everything possible, no show in the 700.

Regrads,

Ben

14 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

So, we were able to track down the cause of the issue this morning and we can offer a temporary workaround which brings the airspeed indicators back to life. Please check out the attached PDF. Any feedback is of course very welcome.

Workaround the stuck airspeed indicator issue.pdf 330.38 kB · 112 downloads

Does this cause any performance decrease? I swear after doing this, my performance has dropped a bit. Nothing earth shattering, but I'm limited by mainthread now which wasn't an issue prior. 

****Just to update this, there is definitely a performance decrease when you use this method. I went step-by-step with this and my fps dropped from the 60's down to the 30s/40s with a bunch of mainthread issues. I uninstalled, removed all folders, and reinstalled and my fps are consistently back up in the 60s and 70s. Obviously I don't understand this enough to explain why, but wondering if this can be elaborated on. Of course, after the reinstall I now have the issue I previously had where the speed tape is not working. So I guess I need to wait for an official update. 

14 hours ago, Keirtt said:

Does this cause any performance decrease? I swear after doing this, my performance has dropped a bit. Nothing earth shattering, but I'm limited by mainthread now which wasn't an issue prior. 

****Just to update this, there is definitely a performance decrease when you use this method. I went step-by-step with this and my fps dropped from the 60's down to the 30s/40s with a bunch of mainthread issues. I uninstalled, removed all folders, and reinstalled and my fps are consistently back up in the 60s and 70s. Obviously I don't understand this enough to explain why, but wondering if this can be elaborated on. Of course, after the reinstall I now have the issue I previously had where the speed tape is not working. So I guess I need to wait for an official update. 

Yes, there definitely is a performance decrease. The reason, I'm not sure, but I saw my FPS go from about 40-50 on medium settings down to 26 at the most on the same settings once the PFD and other avionics power on. MainThread seems to be running at about 40 ms. 

Thanks for the effort guys, appreciated. I know it's difficult, and sorry to ask, but an ETA would be very helpful even if it's a rough estimate. Maybe something like "it will take at least another week", for example. I only have so much free time, and if the fixes take a while I will probably focus on another aircraft for the time being and come back later when the update comes out. good luck.

Archived