Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

FBW is limited due that the A320NX base model is a propriety of Asobo; then they have to work "in sycro" with Asobo in this terms, to avoid the possibiliy to violate somethings and f**k up with all the works they do, that's the real bottleneck actually, not the difference between a business man or a volunteers.

If fact in few time they grow up and start their A380 project.

Mr. Kok don't get angry, I love Aerosoft phylosopy and products, and I know also develop products on MSFS2020 have less "technological constraints" that work on old P3D/PSX platform, but these "volunteers" of FBW have done in a very few time a "thing" where Aerosoft instead have worked for a very long time; the AOC Printer.

"Réddite quae sunt Caésaris Caésari" - give to Caesar what it is to Caesar

• Upvote 1

Having mixed feelings about this as the A330 Product line is still incomplete and it has small but noticeable flaws that need to be fixed, once this task is complete, then I can buy another new Aerosoft aircraft without any qualms. 

Regards,

Nitin. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, generale84 said:

FBW is limited due that the A320NX base model is a propriety of Asobo; then they have to work "in sycro" with Asobo in this terms, to avoid the possibiliy to violate somethings and f**k up with all the works they do, that's the real bottleneck actually, not the difference between a business man or a volunteers.

If fact in few time they grow up and start their A380 project.

Mr. Kok don't get angry, I love Aerosoft phylosopy and products, and I know also develop products on MSFS2020 have less "technological constraints" that work on old P3D/PSX platform, but these "volunteers" of FBW have done in a very few time a "thing" where Aerosoft instead have worked for a very long time; the AOC Printer.

"Réddite quae sunt Caésaris Caésari" - give to Caesar what it is to Caesar

Just want to clarify something here (and hopefully not derail the thread - please don't reply to this comment, and instead keep the thread on-topic about the Aerosoft A320). Our current limitation with making changes to the model is based on the fact that Asobo has a custom GLTF specification that we needed to write a custom Blender importer & exporter for - which is nearly completed. From my understanding (I will update this comment if I receive updated information), the only scenario where would be any "legal" challenges would be if the changed model is integrated in any official context - such as the in-game marketplace's upcoming free section, as announced by Jorg in the last developer Q&A. In that case, I believe Airbus would need to approve any model changes per the terms of their licensing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Wishlist:

• Popup displays (PFD, ND, MCDU) width/height ratio locked and based on monitors ratio (eg. 21:9 format).
  • EFB with on/off function.
  • Aircraft options user interface on EFB rather than on 3'rd MCDU.
  • Throttle, spoiler, flap axis fine tweaking options on EFB.
  • Takeoff and Landing data performance calculator on EFB.
  • User defined 'AIRCRAFT STATE'.
  • T.O. Config CABIN....CHECK blue to green when cabin call is activated on overhead panel.        
  • INIT REQUEST* function active on INIT A page.
  • VPilot integration on EFB or MCDU (that would be cool).
  • A320 family NEO option
  • A320/A321 freighter option (P2F)
  • A330-300F option

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 29.1.2021 at 23:39, Omar Al-Safi sagte:

Niiice to see this happening! A question, would we a see a wingflex in the Aerosoft A320? After seeing the wingflex in the default Asobo Airbus, that wingflex looks so magnificent especially on landings or taxi 😃

Oh, when I am landing, I usually look forward. No time to look at the wings. But ok, if the wings go up and down, it looks interesting

On 1/29/2021 at 6:59 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Ohhh, of course you want a picture... 

Please login to display this image.

I see you are going for a fancy new future tech wingless design! 😂 Also, I love that CM thumbnail 🤣

12 hours ago, asturias said:

Excellent news, but I have a question
Will the A333 version come complete on A332 / A333 and all engine variants?
Thank you

PS: I feel my English, it's not good

Most likely, it will only be the A333 RR variant, as it was for P3D.

An EFB that will allow Navigraph Charts to be viewed/manipulated as well as Simbrief.   

It might just be easier to build a web browser page into the EFB, to allow any web-based content to be viewed.  :)    

It will need to be usable in VR as well as 2d by the way.

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, doctor_quiet said:

Looks amazing,what about the Xbox Series X|S version? Cuz there will be a lot of msfs xbox users when it's available. I used to fly this bird when i was using fsx, so i want to fly it again 

Our Twin Otter has been designed from the start to be usable with a Xbox controller, but for more complex aircraft things 'might' be more challenging and it might be a mouse will be needed. We have to see. But for sure we feel the Xbox version of the sim will be important.

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 hours ago, Caterpillar said:

An EFB that will allow Navigraph Charts to be viewed/manipulated as well as Simbrief.   

It might just be easier to build a web browser page into the EFB, to allow any web-based content to be viewed.  :)    

It will need to be usable in VR as well as 2d by the way.

Take look into our current EFB. It’s an Webbrowser.

• Like 2

I bought the A330 when you offered the promise that those that bought will get it at no additional cost when it comes to MSFS 2020.  So I am looking forward to when it gets here... No rush on my part.  MSFS 2020 still has a ways to go.  The scenery is fantastic but the flight modeling needs a lot of work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, DirtSailor said:

I bought the A330 when you offered the promise that those that bought will get it at no additional cost when it comes to MSFS 2020

Where did you read this?

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, DirtSailor said:

I bought the A330 when you offered the promise that those that bought will get it at no additional cost when it comes to MSFS 2020.  So I am looking forward to when it gets here... No rush on my part.  MSFS 2020 still has a ways to go.  The scenery is fantastic but the flight modeling needs a lot of work.

We never promised that. 

We also do not agree that the flight models in MFS have issues, we are pretty happy with our CRJ, it goes pretty much to the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We never promised that. 

We also do not agree that the flight models in MFS have issues, we are pretty happy with our CRJ, it goes pretty much to the numbers.

I guess the thing right now is that MSFS for all its issues is a major upgrade visually so if you wish it ill, you need to look at areas that aren't visible, the whole "flight model" narrative is the easiest one to bang over peoples heads with and until someone produces a truly outstanding model, there are those that will keep using it........ So no pressure there guys 😉

• Upvote 1