Swinging thrust (a bit annoying)

matchball

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installed HF 1.21c and just flown EGKK-EGJJ-EGKK, A319IAE out, A320IAE back and the same problem as others. Auto Throttle oscillates when the set altitude is approached, speed varies by +/- 10 kts until the altitude is achieved. Same on Finals, to such an extent that the speed warning is activated.

I am using REX Essential Plus real time weather, so this may be the problem as it is extremely blustery in the UK at the moment.

FPS are in the 25 - 30 range, so no problem on that front.

I will try again tonight with clear weather and report back, although this has never happened with earlier versions of the Airbus.

Keith H

I am back to 1.21, no HF and the problem is gone. Trust fights a little bit to keep selected speed only in handflown sharp turns. But that might be true also in RL, especially at low speeds.

Peter

Well, just flown EGKK to EGJJ again with default weather of 'clear skies' and the problem is still there. I seems to happen whenever the aircraft changes the thrust level to change altitude, climbing or descending.

I will also go back to 1.21, what a pain! I have really been enjoying the different Busses, but this is a very frustrating problem.

Keith H

Just flown egpe-egkk-egpe using the cfm a319 and experienced both oscillation at cruise and inability to track speed at low altitides.

Selected 160 knots when 10nm out of Gatwick winds 230/10 and the speed was between 140-200 knots. On short finals when the altitude was in managed mode the speed kept on dropping too low causing the "speed speed speed" warning.

I didn't see the first video until now. My problem is not as bad as his but the thrust doesn't sit stable with a constant climb rate in SPEED mode.

Hopefully you can reproduce it. A320IAE 1.21c P3Dv2.4

I have also this problem with latest 1.21c.

Auto thrust (managed mode) made aircraft drop speed on final (speed-speed-speed warning) I have to Go around and landing with manual thrust.

Hopefully to have the fix soon.

FSX A321IAE, ASN fair weather

Thanks

I've noticed that there has been very little response from anyone at Aerosoft on this topic; has it been recognized as a bug yet? Moreover the hotfix is still available....very unusual behavior from the team. Like all of the other posters I've found the latest hotfix unusable (using FSX with ASN windows7) and therefore I've gone back to version 1.21. Please let's have some input Aerosoft :help_s:

Steve

I suspect one of the problems for Aerosoft is regarding the point they start from when addressing this. In previous posts they have been at pains to state that they want to get everyone to the same start point when issuing a patch. Currently we must have...

1.People who are just using vanilla 1.21

2.People who use Hotfix 1.21b but seeing the issues flagged up with 1.21c and haven't added it.

3.People who are using 1.21c

My guess is that there's a lot of thought going on as to what to do next and we'll get a response when there's a decision as to how this is to be addressed. I'm quite happy to fly other aircraft and wait for a considered response.

Just a personal opinion of course.

Mike

The problem is no dedicated thread. There is a posting at the top of this forum that clearly states opening a new thread for new problems lest they be ignored. This thread dates from last year originally. We have a convergance of at least three different threads and no singular one addressing the issue.

I find it impossible to think that Aerosoft aren't aware of the problem themselves, but...

Same over here. For some unknown reason on the new version all of the variants do it. Hunting for VAPP speed. Hopefully they'll find out why soon but for the meantime Ive stuck the bus in the hangar. I had to do 3 go arounds all on vatsim which was quite embarrasing... :embaressed_s:

The problem is no dedicated thread. There is a posting at the top of this forum that clearly states opening a new thread for new problems lest they be ignored. This thread dates from last year originally. We have a convergance of at least three different threads and no singular one addressing the issue.

I find it impossible to think that Aerosoft aren't aware of the problem themselves, but...

Very true. It would be nice to see an 'official' acknowledgement.

I tried going back to version 1.1 but the autothrottle overswings remain for the A320/321 (though less noticeable). The A318/319 at v1.1 doesn't suffer from them. Surely this should be a clue to AS as to how to fix things. There was no problem on the original A318/319 release, so if a problem exists in the A320/321 it must be a difference between how things are coded in that version.

The difference is as if there is no derivative control active. Improving that aspect would stabilise the controller and tighten the control up. Speed control is very poor on the approach in 1.21c. Even in calm conditions it drifts below Vapp and you get SPEED SPEED warnings.

I just done a few test on a 100% clean FSX (and FSX Steam). The only edit was the high mem tweak. I could see a little bit of an effect like you describe and discussed it with one of the real pilots in our team. He also had noticed it and did not find it incorrect as the real aircraft also does not do that 100% smoothly. We will continue to monitor this effect.

Mathias, while it's possible the real aircraft autothrottle sometimes doesn't control N1 and airspeed 100% accurately all the time it certainly does not do what 1.21c does now. No way should it allow airspeed to get so low as it does on approach and the N1 control simply would not be acceptable for certification in this state. The only way N1 might do this is if something was not working correctly.

This really must be fixed. It isn't imperfect operation that's always been there and is acceptable. The A/T performance was perfectly good on the AXE and the A318//319. It's only since the A320/321 was launched that things have degraded. Please can you give users reassurance that the problem is not simply being monitored but is actively being worked on.

Same here. This morning I have updated to 1.21c and flown one leg with airbus A321CFM. While I was approaching used managed speed and autothrust could't keep speed.I took "speed speed" warning lots of time. There was no problem with 1.21b.

Try the attached, place in:

FlightSImFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_AP

FlightSImFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_AP

respectively.

ATHR.xml

Try the attached, place in:

FlightSImFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_AP

FlightSImFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_AP

respectively.

Glad this is still being looked into. The new ATHR.xml file makes the A318/319 A/T work very well, as it did before the 1.2 update.

Unfortunately the A320/321 A/T still overshoots badly when levelling off at an intermediate altitude (I used 10,000 ft). No real change. Speed control on approach is better (no SPEED SPEED warnings) but I got a couple of random speed increases for some reason during the deceleration. Magenta target speed didn't change, so that wasn't the reason, and A320 was on the correct flight path but the A/T commanded unexpected thrust increases for several seconds each time.

Archived