Swinging thrust (a bit annoying)

matchball

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm that. And before capture the GS and for example you fly on 3000 feet with selectet Speed at 200 kts the ATHR cannot hold this speed. The Speed moves in this example between 210 and 190 kts. To much Power... Idle... to much power... Idle... and so on. :-(

Hi AS Team,

Sorry to report that I am also seeing this fluctuation. Especially when getting down toward final approach speeds...up and down...

Appreciate all that is being done!

All the best

Aircraft: A320 IAE updated to 1.21c spec. No active weather programme running and surface wind Calm at destination.

CI=22

ZFW=52777Kgs

FOB=13893

Flight EGPF (Glasgow) to LEAL (Alicante).

1.Climb rate appears accurate and Autothrottle fine until reaching CRZ when there is a sharp power back then a power up and CRZ Mach is held through the rest of the flight. (FL370 M0.78)

2.In descent Autothrottle didn't appear to 'hunt' speeds then....

3.During APP phase I tend to use selected speeds. On this occasion reducing at 10DME to 160Kts until 5DME then reduction to Vapp of 135Kts. As speed reduced, the decay continued below 135 causing the aircraft to descend below the GP and trigger EGPWS. Throttle then increased rapidly to 150Kts overshooting VAPP and triggering EGPWS due to the overspeed. I then disconnected the automatics for a manual approach.

I did previously suffer from the poor rate of climb issue at FL200+ but never from the issues described above. Looks like I share the same issues with the posters above.

Regards.

Mike

I also have the oscillating engine issue with the AT, A320 IAE, HF 1.21c applied. I think it first appeared after selecting APP Mode with the engines throttling down past the green dot, onto the barbers pole, nearly to TOGA LK before throttling up again with max thrust, rinse and repeat. Got in serious trouble on the glideslope to Edinburgh with "Speed! Speed!" callouts whilst the speed decayed, nose up etc., AT still connected. Had to go to manual throttle to save the flight.

Odd.

Likewise.. Thought I was the only one with that issue. Happened twice on approach into KLAX. If continually fluctuated. Very unstable approach. Especially with autolanding .Hotfix 1.2B was fine.

ROMAN78

I have gone back to 1.21b...just cannot control the AT with fix c...looks like when you modify one area another part of the equation goes hay wire! :confused_s:

Do hope JC can work his magic :lightbulb_s:

Best

Does 1.21b work ok then?

Reason I ask is that i've just had a similar experience with the PMDG 777 on approach to LFPG (madly oscillating thrust using the AT, despite a mere 16kt headwind). The common denominator is ASN SP1, I was also getting thunderstorms over the French coast (despite having the requisite prevention checkbox ticked where CBs are reported) so might that be the culprit?

I'm increasingly having issues with turbulence in ASN SP1, to the extent that i've resorted to Easy Mode to cope. Even that isn't working it seems. Might have to disable turbulence altogether.

Obviously if 1.21b is fine (i've since deleted my download) then it won't be ASN. Be interested to know.

Cheers.

Richard

Re: my previous post, i've just flown the EGCC-EGLL BA shuttle with the A320 IAE with Turbulence Effect Scale in ASN set to 0. The oscillations whilst not as pronounced were still there (throttling up and then down to keep speed rather than a constant, or near constant), so this is clearly an issue with 1.21c and not ASN.

Cheers

Just to clarify from my original post on this issue.....I don't use ASN either. I had previously not had any auto throttle issues until hotfix 1.21c.

Mike

Just to clarify from my original post on this issue.....I don't use ASN either. I had previously not had any auto throttle issues until hotfix 1.21c.

Mike

Hi Mike,

It was just a theory of mine I was testing. ASN is definitely not the problem here. Sorry for the misdirection!

Cheers

Hi Wiseblood. Please don't think I was in anyway criticising you there. I thought your post was completely concise in what you were trying to show. Having followed the various performance issues that Aerosoft have been seeking to address, I know that some had been identified as directly related to ASN but just wanted to make sure that Aerosoft were quite clear that this particular issue seems to be affecting users both with, and without ASN.

All the best.

Mike

Just finished a flight into EGJJ with ASN...CFM using Easyjet...with FIX 1.21B, took off C fix as it was not working. Reinstalled all before applying B fix back but the Auto throttle seems iffy on that fix/patch too...constantly letting speed drop.. as it tried to loose height only to over thrust from a speed of 180 back to 200knts then down again ...had to intervene with a 1600ft per min to get it to Approach height... seems the whole AT has got it self mixed up now....

Oh Crumbs!!!

Archived