Swinging thrust (a bit annoying)

matchball

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same issue which was not present before the current version & hotfixes. If this hasn't been mentioned before, what I am seeing with the Engine RPM fluctuations(oscillations) is occurring mainly within Managed Speed Mode. When I set the Speed Control manually in the A/P window, the severity of the oscillations lessens to a point where it's almost non-existent but at that point, the A/T/Engine RPM is chasing the Airspeed carrot by plus or minus 3 to 5 knots with a slow oscillation rate (fluctuation). The behavior occurs during different phases of flight both Managed and Manual A/P & A/T inputs.

Joshua,

Feedback re ATHR patch.

Tried this today flight in IAE 319 from EGKK to EGJJ flight level 180, weather ASN wind 297/78

Initial climb uneventful, Altitude capture saw thrust go from full to idle back to full back to idle three times before settling.

Cruise uneventful , turns appeared to be handled better.

Descent...issue with Magenta Dot, started descent 5 miles from white hockey stick....Magenta Dot did not come down slowly as it normally does it suddenly shot down to bottom of speed tape..needed speed brakes all the way down to arrest speed...even applying lower selected speed I could not arrest the speed enough with the brakes nor could I get down to the required final decent level....result abandon flight...

Not sure if this helps but though I would let you know....

Thanks for your hard work in trying to fix this!!

Joshua,

Update just finished another flight egkk egpf....delighted to report everything was very good!! AT seems to behave well. I will do the turn around flight but will not report any further if all is good with that flight.only if an issues encountered.

The only small request I would make now is if the Speed Brakes could be tweaked to be a bit more effective...that would be great!!

With Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

The only small request I would make now is if the Speed Brakes could be tweaked to be a bit more effective...that would be great!!

Might be difficult, as in RL the speedbrakes are also not so effective and they are in certain situations not fully deployed in the real aircraft regardless of the lever position.

OK thanks for that...Otto!

I think ASN has a big influence over the aircraft...flight back from EGPF was also ok however I did encounter a small throttle issue flight 7k set speed 230.....every time speed was arrived at....230 the Auto throttle would over compensate back to 248knts which of course then slows the descent.... too much... I had a tail wind of 33knts at the time hence I do think ASN seems to play a part here....

Still better than it was well done!

This was all tested on a A319 IAE

Best

I am still using v1.21b - because of the issues being reported with v1.21c - and having a problem with engine surges on approach. As the speed falls to the level it should, the engine seems to surge unnecessarily, increasing the speed. Usually this means that I loose the glide slope and have to end up landing manually. Every other aspect of the flight appears to be fine. I did not have this problem with previous hot-fixes.

I am back to 1.21, no HF and the problem is gone. Trust fights a little bit to keep selected speed only in handflown sharp turns. But that might be true also in RL, especially at low speeds.

Peter

Me too. Clean install of 1.21 and all Problems are gone. Forget the "Hotfixes". They are really HOT :beatcomputer_s:

Hello,

I have some problems with my A320 after installing the hotfix 1.21c. Unfortunatlely I have deleted my HF 1.21b. Is there anyone who could send it to me?
Thank you.

Charles

I'm experiencing the same problem with the A320 IAE. The throttles take a long time to spool up and down, and the spooling initiates very late. I frequently get the "SPEED SPEED SPEED" warning when using the autothrottle on approach. Manual landings are very difficult with the autothrottle, and I frequently have to go around because I lose my vertical profile. With autothrottle disengaged I can get much better performance on approach and landing.

ok i have try it too with 1.21 and 1.2b, 1.2c! with asn and without weather! and yes with all 3 updates the same problem in lower conditions when leveling out/managed mode! crazy oscilation on the engines and nose pitch up and down for some seconds! above 300fl no problem!

As reported to Otto already in my above posts,

I found the latest AT Otto kindly supplied us fix fine in all aspects of flight with patch 1.21B, however like most when it comes to lower speed as mentioned above the ATHR does like to swing far to much...which then arrests the descent rate which then screws up the correct height to be at the FAF.

Best

Otto,

Just one more for you...not sure if your seeing these anyway!

CFM A 319 to LFLL from EGKK..

Climb fine......arriving at cruise altititude ATHR went up and down until it found speed...also note that the climb rate still increases a lot when arriving at your cruise level...this is something that has been present since the AXE..... cruise fine... turns in cruise fine.

Descent fine until lower speed selected or required e.g 210knts....ATHR drops then increases by at least 10/15 knts then drops back...this issue causes aircraft to stop descending and you then have to apply a lot of minus feet per minute manually to get back on track...

I trust this is of some help...all carried out using 1.21B

Best

Otto,

Just one more for you...not sure if your seeing these anyway!

CFM A 319 to LFLL from EGKK..

Climb fine......arriving at cruise altititude ATHR went up and down until it found speed...also note that the climb rate still increases a lot when arriving at your cruise level...this is something that has been present since the AXE..... cruise fine... turns in cruise fine.

Descent fine until lower speed selected or required e.g 210knts....ATHR drops then increases by at least 10/15 knts then drops back...this issue causes aircraft to stop descending and you then have to apply a lot of minus feet per minute manually to get back on track...

I trust this is of some help...all carried out using 1.21B

Best

DO NOT mix fixes. The ATHR Fix I attach in the earlier post is exclusive to 1.12c, if you do not want to use that, please do not mix the fixes and report because it simply isn't a accurate report any more.

Joshua,

Thank you,

However It was not my intention to confuse...I thought my actions in feed back would be helpful to your and the team...it would appear I am wrong!

Also for the record you do not state in your post that the ATHR should be use with 1.12C exclusively! hence the confusion.

Anyway will try with 1.21C but will desist from reporting any further findings as I do not want to further impede any progress that the team may be working on.

Best

Why I'm the only one who has that problem with asynchronous engines after 1.21c with the last ATHR.XML? I use the same files like the other users. What I'm doing wrong? :mecry_s:

Nothing I expect, Gixxer. I recall Kevin Hall reported that the A318/19 is ok with the ATHR fix, but the A320/21 is still experiencing issues? I've not had a chance to check either but will report back shortly as I have some hours spare for a few flights.

Oh, and Fanblade, please do report back with your findings re: the ATHR fix applied to 1.21c. I and many others would be interested to know how it goes. I believe 'staying current' was Joshua's point after all, if not delicately made!

Cheers,

Richard

Ok, just flown LFPO-EGLL with the A320 IAE, 1.21c, ATHR fix applied. Big improvement. AP off 3000ft at the top of the glideslope, AT on. No rapidly decaying speed on the final, no alerts, no warnings. So far so good. A319 next.

Thanks Wiseblood for the vote of confidence!

No doubt JC is a man under pressure!!!

Tried the 1.21C not nice for me...still got AT issues.... in the approach area...it just over compensates Went back to 1.21 with re install..just tried a flight...it seems that ASN and the Bus have a hard time playing together....again difficult to control the height and speed...if it is a tail wind.... good news is you tell what the AS team have done with the fixes though, the climb rate is much slower without the new fix....so some good work there..

But the AT is the biggest issue this plane has it is just to aggressive....anyway...enough for now going to wait see what comes out of this...might do some GA flying...which is not something I do...but...who knows I might like it!

All the best

Archived