Swinging thrust (a bit annoying)

matchball

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I've done a test myelf using a 319IAE and I've performed a EIDW-EINN short flight (156 pax 4 tons of cargo and 5 tons of fuel, FL150);

I've AS Next. I've choosen that route because there was a really bad weather there yerterday, especially in Shannon area it was thunderstorming, raining etc.etc, beautiful coloured "pictures" showed onto my WXR radar screen almost all the flight. I performed an autoland w/o any problem...

The previous flight, before updating to the last autothrottle.xml hotfix, I got stalled just after takeoff....

According to me what many of you are experimenting in those days is also due to a problem in the interface between airbus A/T system and ASN turbulence..two days ago I've reduced my ASN max turbulence setting and wake turbulence effect (I set now 30% for "general turbulence setting" and 5% for "wake turbulence") because last week I had a series of problems during manual Landing with my PMDG NGX (often the plane rolled to the right abruptly just few second before Landing) and according to me it could be an interference between the erratic way that ASN uses to "inject" the turbulence in FSX and the A/T system (maybe a little slow to react) to cause the most part of troubles..anyway now it seems to go better...

My system: HP Pavillion 8311 (2010) 1 Tb hard disk, OS: Win 7 64 bytes, RAM: 8 Gb, video card: ATI Radeon 5450 1Gb.

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

Same problem, after installing HF 1.21c with A320 IAE, especially on the final approach unstable speed, and with "speed, speed" call outs.

Any chance to back HF 1.21 b ? :rolleyes:

Kind Regards,.

Levent

I have seen some improvement with this issue when using 1.12c and the fix given here in this thread. It would also be helpful if we could all say what system etc we are using, I'm using FSX+ASN+1.12c+AT fix. I'm still not sure if Aerosoft actually think there is a problem here, we've had scant input from anyone, just the 'fix' from Joshua and, until now, no follow up.

Cheers

Steve

I suspect it would also be very useful if people actually reported which exact variant of the airbus they were having the issue with as this would put a spotlight on that particular variation that may help Aerosoft detect what is causing this issue. Also, there are repeated postings from ASN users who think it's entirely a problem unique to them but, as a number of posters point out, it really isn't.

It would be helpful if there was a little more official comment on this particular thread as it is pretty obvious there are a number of people suffering from this issue. I suspect Joshua is monitoring it but may well be spending his time working on a solution for all we know. Personally I'd rather he was doing that and another moderator did the 'communicating'.

Just going back to the Airbus variants that suffer from this problem. Personally I have only had time to test the A319 but have found that the A319IAE has an issue but the A319CFM performs pretty much spot on. How about you guys?

Mike

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I've done a test myelf using a 319IAE and I've performed a EIDW-EINN short flight (156 pax 4 tons of cargo and 5 tons of fuel, FL150);

I've AS Next. I've choosen that route because there was a really bad weather there yerterday, especially in Shannon area it was thunderstorming, raining etc.etc, beautiful coloured "pictures" showed onto my WXR radar screen almost all the flight. I performed an autoland w/o any problem...

The previous flight, before updating to the last autothrottle.xml hotfix, I got stalled just after takeoff....

According to me what many of you are experimenting in those days is also due to a problem in the interface between airbus A/T system and ASN turbulence..two days ago I've reduced my ASN max turbulence setting and wake turbulence effect (I set now 30% for "general turbulence setting" and 5% for "wake turbulence") because last week I had a series of problems during manual Landing with my PMDG NGX (often the plane rolled to the right abruptly just few second before Landing) and according to me it could be an interference between the erratic way that ASN uses to "inject" the turbulence in FSX and the A/T system (maybe a little slow to react) to cause the most part of troubles..anyway now it seems to go better...

My system: HP Pavillion 8311 (2010) 1 Tb hard disk, OS: Win 7 64 bytes, RAM: 8 Gb, video card: ATI Radeon 5450 1Gb.

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

Andrea, I know what I'm reporting and it's nothing to do with ASN turbulence. I tested with ASN off. Post ATHR fix my problem is with the A320/321 with no weather at all. Please don't assume you know what other people are experiencing.

For people complaining the Aerosoft Airbus can't cope with ASN turbulence, with respect that isn't Aerosoft's problem and it's pointless reporting it. Just turn the turbulence down to a reasonable level. At 100% turbulence is ridiculously overdone in ASN. I use 25% which works well, at least it did before the A/T problems started with the A320/321 release. However if the Aerosoft Airbus A/T can't cope in still air it has no chance in real weather conditions, ASN or otherwise.

Just flown egpe-egkk-egpe using the cfm a319 and experienced both oscillation at cruise and inability to track speed at low altitides.

Selected 160 knots when 10nm out of Gatwick winds 230/10 and the speed was between 140-200 knots. On short finals when the altitude was in managed mode the speed kept on dropping too low causing the "speed speed speed" warning.

I have had several flights now (using 1.21c and Airbus 320CFM) with same result of the speed warning when using a managed approach. New to big iron, just confirming what CaptOwen is seeing, so I'll keep quiet now until a resolution has been found. Thanks

Clive

I use Opus WX engine and had used joshua's fix.
Now the A/THR control logic had been improved,but still have problem.

(Solved)
1.Speed command now could be satisfied in A/THR "SPEED" mode during approach.

(Unsolved)
1.Managed descent with "Selected" speed
When using managed descent with selected sped, as the aircraft pitched up to cater to V/DEV scale, airspeed drops while A/THR stays in IDLE mode.

Then the A/THR stayed at IDLE mode for a while until speed gets too low below desired figure. Then A/THR change to "SPEED" mode and add power aggressively.

This cause airspeed overshoots FCU label and trigger overspeed warnings.

I think this problem is caused by the late mode change between SPEED and IDLE, which resulted in unstable speed control during managed descend.

Indeed, the FMS seems incapable of compensating for the great delay in response from the P&W IAE engines compared with the response from the GE CFM engines. CFM engines react almost immediately to a new thrust command, whereas IAE engines lag significantly behind the throttle levers.

I think it is now fair to say that Hotfix 1.21c is a pile of pants with regards to AT control on all segments of flight I've dumped 1.21 and gone back to 1.11. What we all want is some sort of answer from Aerosoft!!! ASN imo is not involved with this issue.

I went to a Pink Floyd tribute band concert the other day and couldn't help thinking that a 'slightly changed' version of the first two verses of 'Comfortably Numb' from the Wall fitted our current situation....

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Come on, now,
We’re feeling down.
Well you can ease our pain
Get us on our feet again.
Relax.
You’ll need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
We’re trying to show you where it hurts.

There is no input and you’re receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
You’re not even coming through in waves.
Your lips don’t move so we can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child I had a flight sim
But my hands were just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I’m trying to explain we don’t know if you understand
This is not how I am.
We have become uncomfortably numb.

Sorry PF!

Mike

Ah.... Guys... the penny has just dropped; Aerosoft can't say anything....it would be like saying 'I know my latest version doesn't work as advertised, but I'm still going to selling it to you, oh and the Hotfix; well it's best you don't install it'.....they can't see what I mean......we'll just have to wait for SP3.

Steve

Archived